been playing this game a little more intensively over the past 3 days. can’t believe i haven’t looked into it earlier. i could only find threads on a 4 hour Daigo rapeage video (bit big for a 56k), but i’m sure there was one strat thread floating around. please just direct me if i missed it.
i’m trying to learn a few characters, but am trying to get Lei Lei and Demitri down.
- how are these two tiered? afaik VS is a pretty balanced game, and Daigo whoops ass with Demitri (but yeah… that’s Daigo).
- bread and butter combo? i’m using c.JP c.SK c.SP c.FK s.FP atm.
- general strategy? my guess is Lei Lei is a very offense-oriented character. c.FK xx FP.object, airdash FP, ground magic series into FP.
- i don’t use the pendulum (f,d,df+P) at all. doing it and comboing into a ground magic series upon landing looks cool and all… but atm it looks very risky (bad pendulum release timing = dead). is it worth learning or can a player do well without it? aside from that, what is the pendulum used for?
- i don’t use the gong other than vs very obvious projectiles. i’m guessing you could use this some other way but havne’t a clue how or against who; the bread and butter magic series into stand fierce seems to do jus as well. i can see some Guile style sonic boom tactics with the ES (or was it EX?) version, but yea… no clue.
- best use of meter? atm i’m just using her SK FP SP SP u super to get them on the defensive.
- anyone know how to use her Dark Force special?
- any other notes in general…
- jab fireball works wonders. such an ordinary trajectory yet in this game, it fucks everyone up coz they jump all over the place. is the fireball any good, or is the AI just sucky?
- ESd fireball; any good? how do i use this thing…
- i should aim for the opponent’s legs with the bat spin. true or false?
- a GameFAQ mentioned buffering into his SPD was possible, but i can’t do it. was this a possibity in DS3 that was tweaked for VS, or is it just bad info?
- main super to use; JP SP f FK FK?
- best use of meter?