ABC #9 - Voting Thread

Ok! Here are the entries for the 9th Avatar Battle Challenge!

Because of the hoidays and all, this will also be the last ABC of 2005. Let’s send it out with a bang.

As always, I’d like to thank everyone who entered.

Also as always, I’d like to thank OrangeCat for being so generous, and donating prize money yet again.

The standard rules:

PRIZES:
1st place animation: 1 month of premium membership to shoryuken.com
2nd place animation: 1 month of premium membership to shoryuken.com

1st place still: 1 month of premium membership to shoryuken.com
2nd place still: 1 month of premium membership to shoryuken.com

#1: No one discusses the avs until ALL THREE judges have passed judgement. This is to prevent people from giving away who the artists are. This is not limited to the artists. Even if you did not submit an av, please refrain from commenting until after the judges have voted. The judges do not know who has submitted an av, and I don’t want you giving away to them that you DIDN’T submit an av by starting to comment on them.

#2: Judges: you are to pick your favorite 3 in each category based on whatever criteria you want. You will then order them from 1 to 3. Your #1 pick gets 3 points, your #2 pick gets 2 points, and your #3 pick gets 1 point. The points will be tallied, and a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for each category declared.

**#3:**Judges can feel free to discuss among themselves any aspects of the avatars they like. They may confer with each other before voting, but do not have to. Feel free to discuss what you like or dislike about any of the avatars --1 Restriction, though! Judges may not speculate as to who the artists are, as your speculations may affect the other judges.

The judges are:
DarkGiygas
Master Chibi
The Damned

#4: After the judges vote, the points will be tallied and I will reveal the artists behind the avatars. Discussion is then open for anyone and anything about the avatars.

That being said, here are the avatars (in order by title…as in all the previous competitions, if the artist did not provide a title, I made one up)

STILLS

“56k Load Times”

PsychoSquall

“A Time Well Spent…If You Know What I Mean”

shatterstar

“Back in Time”

<JonnyQuest>

“Eight O’clock”

ClouDC

“In The Beginning”

Taichi

“Oro’s Mystical Deja-vu-Inducing Time Machine”

ToyRobotTerror

“Quicktime”

givequicheachance

“Retro Future”

Nastradamus

“The Girl In Pink…At the Last Second”

tru3tn01

“Time Warp”

aLee

“Timestop”

Worthless Scrub

ANIMATIONS

“Bullet Time”

SunocO

“Daigo’s X-mas Cuckoo Clock”

givequicheachance

“Infinity in a Moment”

PsychoSquall

“Resident Evil 24”

DarkDragon

“Sometimes it’s Time for Fruitcake…Sometimes it’s not”

ToyRobotTerror

D-D-D-DISQUALIFIED!!!

“Time Suck”

ParryPerson.

CREDITS:

Executive Producer: OrangeCat

Directed by givequicheachance

Get voting, judges!

…seriously.

STILLS

1st - “Eight O’clock”

See Adam Epstein

This one stands out a lot, and I think the colors in it work really well together. The only problem I have is I think theres too much blood, but it’s still an excellent avatar.

2nd - “The Girl In Pink…At the Last Second”

Adam Epstein uploaded this image to

A different size than all the rest, which is good. The background and character contrast well with each other, and I really like how the background was designed. I’m just not sure how well this fits in with the Time theme, but I haven’t watched Samurai Champloo yet, so bleh.

3rd - “Back in Time”

Adam Epstein uploaded this image to

Uh, its BACK TO THE FUTURE. How can I not vote for it? The only thing I don’t like is the Huey Lewis text because its huge, but the rest is good.

ANIMATED

1st - “Daigo’s X-mas Cuckoo Clock”

See Adam Epstein

Obviously a ton of work went into this. Characters, background, animation…it has it all.

2nd - “Resident Evil 24”

See Adam Epstein

I honestly think this is the next best avatar, but since it’s 24-related it wouldn’t really matter because I’d be voting for it anyway.

3rd - “Bullet Time”

See Adam Epstein

This one is pretty good, I just don’t like the green border and text on it (even if its supposed to be The Matrix).

Damn. It’s a good thing I’m not a judge. I’m not going to comment, but you KNOW which single still av would get 1st 2nd AND 3rd from me. It would’nt even be fair lol

Time stop?

No way.

RN told me he has sexual fantasies about the number 8.

…seriously.

Kusanagi?

EDIT:this battle needs more drama

A general statement.

Great work everyone…

shit the stills are sick and the animations are all HAWT!@

the stills imo look pretty good aside from the typical high-contrast + photoshop filter fare

Hmmm…this is a bit unexpected, even what I heard from quiche. The stills are awesome…and yet the animated ones are mostly lackluster (at least compared to what I had envisoned). Oh well. It’s not like I fault anyone considering what time of year it is (stupid holidays).

Anyway, since I have finals so damned early today and I’m still studying and have stuff to do immediately after I finish my final (I rather hope that I don’t take up the entire three hours), I probably won’t get around to voting until 7:00 P.M. PST. So I just wanted to drop to inform people of that.

My apologizes. I should be back in about eight hours or so.

See Adam Epstein

hot hot hot

I am laughing my balls off. This is one good ABC.

the animation entries are too good.

where’s everybody?

negro edit:
another thread made in GD, HERE

Daigo’s X-mas Cuckoo Clock…funny shit, and very wel done.

Daigo’s win for sure, look at the puppets, they have rivets in their joints. GREAT DETAILING.

wow those are some good ava’s i wish i entered this competiton but i slept too late good job evryone

AV Battles have fallen far from where they once were.

Design is dead.

u should have entered to spice it up

that daigo av is the shit.

See Adam Epstein

That still is hilarious!