Abel Combos and Glitches

abel

List your favorite combos here using standard abbreviation conventions. Include the proper damage from the training data in training mode.

Make sure to perform the combo when the opponent has a full lifebar, because otherwise the damage will be reduced depending on how low the opponent’s health is.

Also, discuss any glitches or bugs the character has.

I’ll update this first post so once thing are found etc, no one has to read thru xx amount of pages.

Abel can begin a combo with a forward-jump mk or fp if the jump-in is deep enough.
No Super Meter

1. Close fp (one hit) xx fp Change of Direction xx Second High xx Finish High

222 Damage, 225 Stun, 160 Super Meter

1. Cr.fp (one hit) xx fp Change of Direction xx Second High xx Finish High

212 Damage, 225 Stun, 140 Super Meter

1. Twds+mk xx Forward Dash -> Combo #1

280 Damage, 305 Stun, 200 Super Meter

1. Cr.mp OR cr.mk xx mp Change of Direction xx Second High xx Finish High

207 Damage, 225 Stun, 120 Super Meter

1. Cr.fp (both hits) xx lk Marseilles Roll -> fp Sky Fall*

270 Damage, 350 Stun, 200 Super Meter

1. cr.lk or cr.lp -> Combo #1

230 Damge, 255 Stun, 180 Super Meter

1. cr.lk xx cr.lp xx cr.lp xx cr.lp -> far lk (this is also his standard blockstring)

119 Damge, 205 Stun, 100 Super Meter

1. cr.lk xx cr.lp xx cr.lp -> far mp

130 Damage, 210 Stun, 100 Super Meter

1. Anti-air cr.fp (second hit only) xx lk Marseilles Roll -> fp Sky Fall

200 Damage, 250 Stun, 120 Super Meter

* For Combo #5, you do a lk Marseilles Roll to hit-confirm the cr.fp and for the extra meter. However, on some characters you have to omit the roll. 

2 EX bars

1. Close fp OR cr.fp (one hit) xx fp Change of Direction xx EX Focus Cancel xx Forward Dash -> Combo #3

2. Close fp OR cr.fp (one hit) xx fp Change of Direction -> EX Focus Cancel xx Forward Dash -> Combo #5

3. Cr.mp OR cr.mk xx mp Change of Direction xx EX Focus Cancel xx Forward Dash -> Combo #3

4. Cr.mp OR cr.mk xx mp Change of Direction xx EX Focus Cancel xx Forward Dash -> Combo #5
    Full Super Meter

5. Close fp (both hits) xx Heartless (Super)

6. Twds-mk xx Forward Dash -> Combo #14

7. Cr.fp (both hits) xx lk Marseilles Roll xx Heartless (Super)

8. Combo # 8 xx Heartless (Super)
    Ultra combos

• No Super Meter
  9. Cr.fp -> Soulless (Ultra)

10. Anti-air cr.fp (second hit only) -> Soulless (Ultra)

11. Level 1 Focus Attack (Counterhit only) OR Level 2 Focus Attack OR Level 3 Focus Attack xx Forward Dash -> Soulless (Ultra)

12. Level 1 Focus Attack (Counterhit only) OR Level 2 Focus Attack OR Level 3 Focus Attack xx Forward Dash -> cr.fp -> Soulless (Ultra)

• 2 EX bars
  13. Close fp (one hit) OR cr.fp (one hit) xx fp Change of Direction xx EX Focus Cancel xx Forward Dash -> cr.fp (both hits) -> Soulless (Ultra)

14. Twds-mk xx Forward Dash -> close fp (one hit) xx fp Change of Direction xx Ex Focus Cancel xx Forward Dash -> cr.fp (both hits) -> Soulless (Ultra)

15. Cr.mp OR cr.mk xx mp Change of Direction xx EX Focus Cancel xx Forward Dash -> cr.fp (both hits) -> Soulless (Ultra)

this thread is relatively close to this one… so i dont know if you wanna take the stuff in that thread and put it here like you did to the one i opened. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=166516

Done.

nice

A combo I’ve been playing with that I finally got a chance to test properly today;

(optional crossup j.:mk:.):d::hp:xx:d::db::l:+:k:

You can only cancel the second hit into the wheel kick. You can also cancel on block to attempt to avoid any punishments of a blocked :d::hp:

You can use any strength of kick to do the wheel kick, but HK won’t connect in the corner. EX Also works and connects for 2 hits, but you only get one hit in the corner.

The damage is good, and the stun feels very good. Three lots of this put Chun-Li into stun. I also prefer this over the standard :d::hp: xx roll, air throw since I find the execution/timing alot less demanding, but the payoff is similar in terms of meter/damage.

you can cancel wheel kick after the first hit of cr.hp. also after the 2nd hit, if you do HK wheel kick against some characters it misses. also they can quick recover after this hit where when you do falling sky they cant.

I tried it on Chun, Gief, Dictator and Ryu, all of them connected for 2 hits with EX or the single hit with :hk:. Fuerte or Viper might be a problem, though. :mk: or EX should still hit them. Personally, I’ve been doing it with :lk: just to avoid missing.

Swings and roundabouts, I guess…

ya of course it works on majority of the cast but on a select few like viper and fuerte it doesnt. the ex version hits on everyone or almost everyone since it has a shorter range and faster start up than hk. its not worth doing ex imo but if thats your thing then thats cool. i mean for me i personally like to do cr.fp roll fierce falling sky or mp falling sky depending on the character. i choose this over the wheel kick because you gain a bit more meter due to roll and they cant quick rise after falling sky. i mean execution for this combo isnt a problem once you start doing it a lot. but if you are not that great with execution the wheel kick works too.

Busta: just got done playing Abel a lot tonight.

Is there a trick to landing lp cod->fadc->c.hp or is it just that hard?

I got it like one outta 10 or so tries.

That link is about the only thing I cant do reliably with him.

um its just your timing is off. i really dont know how to help you there. to be honest im just so used to execution based stuff that i found it to be really easy. coming with a background of about a year and a half to 2 years of 3rd strike playing yun. i can learn combos easy. my guess is that you are being thrown off by the dash, try to input the cr.fp a bit earlier than u think maybe that will help if not i cant help you there.

SA3 does 140 damage, not 200. According to frame data thread.

Ill fix whatever is wrong once I get my copy, since it will have the damage values (it should). I need more comboooooos!

Hey, with that combo, I need a little help. It’s Abel crouching punch into the first hit of CoD, then SADC’s, df.FP into his Ultra.

Okay, which crouch punch is that MP? And how quickly do I have to do the SADC? I tried doing it last night, and I ended up doing just my SA.

yup, MP. You ended up doing SA because you released the mp+mk before doing the dash motion.

I don’t know if yall knew this, but… you can do c.FP xx roll, xx Jab super.

Abel WILL catch them. I don’t know if it works for the other strengths. But jab super worked for me.

I’ve haven’t ever properly played streetfighter with a joystick however because of the xbox 360 pad I’ve been forced to buy one though I’m not too bad with analog it seems that it would be a lot easier with a joystick and i’ve ordered one and it should arrive tomorrow I really want to main abel but the combos that i have seen on this site are laid out like so…

cr.mp xx lp rekka, second high, final high: 188

^^
This means nothing to me except lp = low punch and cr.mp = cross up medium punch (I think i’ve seen the phrase cross-up a lot so I assumed so though I have no idea what it means). can someone give me a guide to basic terms used and things relating to a joystick so when I see a combo like the one above i’ll be able to understand it.

Hi Natty,

The terms confuse me too…

I can only guess what this combo means…
cr.mp xx lp rekka, second high, final high

Crouching (cr) Medium Punch Linked into (xx) Light Punch CoD(Change of direction - also known as rekkas) which is the Quarter Circle forward+Punch move followed up with Forward Punch for the second high and Forward Punch again for the final High.

Correct me if I’m wrong guys.

Ah that makes perfect sense thank you

Er, probably a dumb question, but does SA3 = FA3? I see SA3 and I think I’m in third strike, lol

Yes. FA and SA, which are acronyms for focus attack and saving attack, respectively, are both synonymous for the MP+MK system mechanic in SFIV.