Abel noobie looking for combos

abel

Hey so far i’ve mained Blanka, Akuma, and most recently Dudley, I was only ever really decent with Dudley lol. Well anyway I decided to pick up Abel…

I’m quite literally picked him up about an hour ago, and I discovered a combo that appears to be really inconsistant, i’m not sure why it only works a percentage of the time. Basically the combo is, Jumping MK–>MP cancelled into Direction change (not sure of the name sorry). However alot of the time it will not cancel, for some reason which is weird considering I could consistently pull off a near identical combo as Dudley. I can do it the majority of the time if I don’t jump in first.

So I figured I’d ask if there are any more feasible combos that won’t fail half the time.
I really am brand new to using Abel, so I only know the extreme basics, such as his anti air, specials/ultra. With pretty much no helpful combos besides the one mentioned.

Visit the FaQ. close thread.

U2 counters almost any special move

http://shoryuken.com/f250/back-lab-enormous-list-abel-combos-210922/

The faq someone suggested wasn’t much help (thanks anyway), but this really helps ALOT THANKS Dustlooper!

Just a quick question, does xx mean I need to cancel into a special?

Yes.