Absolute Question and Answer Thread (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

You might be interested in these:

Messenger Bag
http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5176&idCategory=412

Backpack/Carrier
http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5175&idCategory=412

Greetings!<div style=“font-weight: normal; “><br></div><div>First time modder here. I’ve done some research after getting a set of <a class=“title_link” target=”_blank” href=“http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arcade_parts/sanwa_parts/sanwa_button_obsf_30_k_dh/12146.html” style=“font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: rgb(10, 51, 53); text-decoration: none; text-align: center; “>OBSF-30</a> buttons and <a class=“title_link” target=”_blank” href=“http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arcade_parts/sanwa_parts/sanwa_joystick_grey/12199.html” style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: rgb(10, 51, 53); text-decoration: none; text-align: center; ">JLF-TP-8YT</a> stick. A friend of mine told me to get a Madcatz WWE stick because you only need a screwdriver (youtube video pretty much confirmed that). The thing is, I’d like to be able to use the stick on the PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360. I stumbled upon the Mayflash Universal Adapter, would it work, without lag? If not, I know of the cheap Datel/Mayflash/Paewang sticks that are used for their PCB. Also read that it would be easier to dual mod a Xbox 360 stick instead of a PS3. </div><div><br></div><div>Sorry if I’m asking to many questions. </div><div><br></div><div>Thanks in advance!</div>

Anyone know if this works good on PC?<br>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KWT27W/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0Q0GG26SYRM8C8YW8W5P&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846<br>

So I’m looking for any kind of information regarding creating / getting a custom stick with a keyboard layout.  More specifically, the arrow keys layout rather than the Hitbox layout.<div><br></div><div>In making my own, I have no idea where to start with regards to buying materials.  Where would I be able to get a case for this layout?  What kind of PCB should I be getting (dual mod)?  How should I be adjusting according to that SOCD multiple inputs thing?  I know there’s the slagcoin site for basic stick building as well.  Or should I get an entire generic arcade stick and mod from there?</div><div><br></div><div>If there are people out there that can make this kind of thing as well, is there anyone I can contact?</div><div><br></div><div>I would really like to get this going before EVO so I can use it.</div>

my question :<br><br>I’m my first home made arcade stick and i’ve got a question about the JLF-TP-8YT joystick. My arcade stick is made with a XBOX 360 wired pad and i’m a bit confused about how to connect the stick. I see on semitsu stick the 4 connect but on sanwa there is a 5 pin output, have i to connect the 4 direction to it ?<br><br>

<blockquote class=“Quote” style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/21642/Someguy92"><br>Someguy92</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>What crazy contraption do I need to buy to be able to carry my stick around in my hand without getting robbed on the subway. In other words, what´s the best stick purse? My stick is way to large to fit in my bookbag which sucks.</div>
</blockquote>

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2” style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><div>Most people I know use a messenger / laptop bag with some styrofoam / padding around the stick so it doesn’t get broken in transit.<br><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br>Or you could go fancy:<br><br></span></font></div><div>Madcatz Fightstick Carrier:<br></div></span></font><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2” style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5175&idCategory=274</span></font><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Madcatz Fightstick Messenger:</span><br><span style=“line-height: normal;”>http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5176&idCategory=274</span></font></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Capcom Arcade Pro Fight Stick Bag:</span><br><span style=“line-height: normal;”>http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.1944700/productID.243762500/Capcom-Arcade-Pro-Fight-Stick-Bag.html</span></font></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><span style=“line-height: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;”>http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.1944700/productID.244121100/SFXT-Arcade-Pro-Fight-Stick-Bag.html</span><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Qanba Arcade Stick Bag:</span></font><br><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>http://www.canadianjoysticks.com/qanba-arcade-stick-bag/</span></font><br></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><blockquote class=“Quote” style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/79151/AsaCarter">AsaCarter</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>recently got the sfxt pro line stick a couple months ago and decided to get my lazy self to mod it finally. I am going to change the ball top but I like it’s size, I was curious if anyone could find out the size for the ball top on it? It is bigger in diameter then my buttons so it is atleast 30mm.</div>
</blockquote><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>The SFxT Pro has a JLF stick, so it’d be the Sanwa LB-35’s (comes in different types like solid, translucent, mesh).</span></font></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><blockquote class=“Quote” style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/84963/lilGambit">lilGambit</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Greetings!<div style=“font-weight: normal; “><br></div><div>First time modder here. I’ve done some research after getting a set of <a class=“title_link” target=”_blank” href=“http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arcade_parts/sanwa_parts/sanwa_button_obsf_30_k_dh/12146.html” style=“font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: rgb(10, 51, 53); text-decoration: none; text-align: center; “>OBSF-30</a> buttons and <a class=“title_link” target=”_blank” href=“http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arcade_parts/sanwa_parts/sanwa_joystick_grey/12199.html” style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: rgb(10, 51, 53); text-decoration: none; text-align: center; “>JLF-TP-8YT</a> stick. A friend of mine told me to get a Madcatz WWE stick because you only need a screwdriver (youtube video pretty much confirmed that). The thing is, I’d like to be able to use the stick on the PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360. I stumbled upon the Mayflash Universal Adapter, would it work, without lag? If not, I know of the cheap Datel/Mayflash/Paewang sticks that are used for their PCB. Also read that it would be easier to dual mod a Xbox 360 stick instead of a PS3. </div><div><br></div><div>Sorry if I’m asking to many questions. </div><div><br></div><div>Thanks in advance!</div></div>
</blockquote><span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: normal;”>There is no adapter that works in conjunction with a stick that won’t introduce some level of input lag. Even the most recent one, the <a href=“http://www.cronusdevice.com/”>Cronus</a> has had some poor reviews.</span></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: normal;”>In general if you want your stick to work on more than one console / platform, you need some kind of custom PCB either in conjunction with the existing one (in which case you’re better off starting with a Xbox360 stick’s PCB because of the security in the controller) or to replace the PCB completely.</span></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: normal;”><br></span></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: normal;”>Lots of helpful stickies up top like:</span></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><a href=“Dual modding 101”>Dual modding 101</a></span></font><br><a href=“The Beginners guide to planning a Mod like a Pro style=“line-height: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;”>Beginners guide to modding</a><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”>(Probably a good read as well) <a href=“What Stick/Controller Should I Buy? Read the Guide on Pg 1 Before Posting” style=“line-height: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;”>What stick you should buy</a><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><br></font></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”>Since you already have the buttons and the stick though, you’d need a PCB + case. Along with the wiring and other bits of course.</font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2” style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br>If you want to use it on <b>PS3/360</b>, you could go the route of getting a cheap stick like the SE stick (ie. Xbox 360 Madcatz WWE Brawlstick) and <a href=”*The “padhacking” thread*”>pad hacking</a> it with a PS3 Madcatz fightpad. This requires soldering though. Or you could do a <a href=“http://www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus/cerberus-install”>Cerberus mod</a>, probably the easiest dual mod with a base Xbox 360 Madcatz TE stick (I believe the Cerberus won’t fit in a SE stick).</font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>If you want to use it on the <b>PS2, PS3 and 360</b>, you’d need something like the PS360+ board which would completely replace the PCB in a stick you’d get. Since you have the buttons / stick you could replace the PCB in a cheap(er) stick like the SE stick or get a DYI case like the <a href=“http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=12”>Tek Case</a> and build the entire stick from “scratch”. </span></font></div>

Can’t seem to find any good answer for this.
How do you properly remove/open the top panel of the Mad Catz MLG fightstick?
After removing the 6 hex screws from the top panel, the plastic panel does not lift open/come off at all. I thought it would be just like any other TE sticks, but it’s not. It just does not move. It seems like it’s stuck on by some glue. Or the top panel is like a huge sticker of sort. And I didn’t want to bother touching it afterwords. I was afraid of messing it up somehow so I just screwed it back on for now.
I also tried opening it from the bottom. That was easy. But most of the PCB/wires/etc… are blocked by the metal inside body of the case.
Did Mad Catz made this particular fightstick not so mod-friendly?

You have to carefully prise it off.

This is my first time building a stick so I decided to use the hori fighting commander 3 pro for the pcb. I want to know where do I need to solder for the button inputs because the shape is different from the start, home, select, and directional inputs.

EDIT: ok the buttons are always active without pressing a button after I solder onto them. How do I turned it off?

Is it easy to put back on/take off after the first time?

If you are careful with it then you’ll be able to open the stick up multiple times. The problem is that the panel is like laminated cardboard so can curl slightly at the edges if too much pressure is applied. Your enemy is the thin layer of double sided tape gluing the sides down. Get past those and you’ll be fine. If you’ve ever opened up a TE-S stick you’ll know what to expect.

I’d recommend using a flat bladed but firm instrument, like a butter knife or palette knife.

Can the VS stick fit in both of Capcom Bags or just one?

Oh… what?? I thought the TE-S top panel was just like the typical TE sticks.
Hmmmm… yeah, I’ll just leave it be for now.
Thank for the infos.

Hello,

I’m looking to fix up my Hori V3 (not HRAP, just standard V3). You might be aware that the buttons are soldered on, however; this link shows me otherwise http://kraviolle-tech.blogspot.com/2011/06/hori-fighting-stick-vx-mod.html

Can anyone help me understand what is going on here? I would like to replicate this simply because these Hori buttons are becoming pure shiz every day I use this thing. I would also like to swap buttons w/o soldering for future plans, if possible.

Thanks SRK

Greetings All,
I really like the design of the EightARc Fusion Synthesis http://eightarc.com/fusion-synthesis, and I was wondering a few things.

1. Is the casing as quality as a MadCatz/HORI casing?
  2. The SFxT V.S. stick has great potential with modding, and I am curious if the art panel can be replaced with a custom job?

I just thought of what I feel is an awesome stick design, though I need to work on the top art. Do templates of the V.S. art panels exist?
What sites have a wide selection of buttons, sticks, etc (colors, brands, etc) that I may peruse to get ideas and pieces for custom mods?

An MLG Fightstick is just a TE-S with different artwork and different coloured side panels.

No, that link does not show you otherwise. What it does show is the button pcb de-soldered from the buttons.

If you want to mod this stick then soldering is unblockable. Get busy.

Hi folks!

I just bought a Qanba Arcadepad, this one: http://dx.com/p/usb-arcade-joystick-controller-for-pc-ps3-250cm-cable-26910

I am not sure if this is something that I should practice for or the problem is with the joystick, but I’m having a hard time doing dash or simple walking (oh, i play Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition), every time I try to dash I end up doing jump forward, It’s pretty annoying because I can’t practice dafc, and it’s pretty sad one instead of doing a hadouken you do a jump forward… Oh well, I bought with the mindset of changing it anyway…

So, what do you guys think, I should try change the stick for Sanwa or practice harder?

You shouldn’t have got that arcade stick at all. If you asked here first you would have saved yourself the money to put towards a proper stick.

You can try changing the joystick to a Sanwa, but I’m willing to bet it will be difficult to install correctly unless you have modding experience and the necessary tools.

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/8713/gahrling">gahrling</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>
<blockquote class=“UserQuote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/83172/Onerblack">Onerblack</a> wrote: <a href="/discussion/comment/8020500#Comment_8020500" class=“QuoteLink”><span class=“ArrowLink”>»</span></a></div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>So, what do you guys think, I should try change the stick for Sanwa or practice harder?</div>
</blockquote>
<br />
<br />
You shouldn’t have got that arcade stick at all. If you asked here first you would have saved yourself the money to put towards a proper stick.<br />
<br />
You can try changing the joystick to a Sanwa, but I’m willing to bet it will be difficult to install correctly unless you have modding experience and the necessary tools.<br />
<br />
</div>
</blockquote>

It goes back to my $50 rule. Sticks valued at or below the $50 price tag should be avoided.
The exceptions to the rule are clearance sales Like how the Mad Catz Brawl stick was $20 over the holidays or you are a experienced modder who knows what you are doing.
Also beware of sites that have bad Engrish

I bought this one because in my country there’s not a good market for arcades, they are usually very expensive and hard to find, the one’s that cost around 100$ in USA cost around 200$ here. It was my first buy via DealExtreme, and I was a bit afraid about losing money…

But you believe that my problem of jumping forward when I try to walk is about the stick then?

I am not a experienced modder, but I do know something about computers (hardware), and a bit of eletric stuff… I believe that I can give it a try. (I work as IT).

Oh, and my English is not that good, because I am brazillian, so I am probably not qualify to judge bad english. hahah