Absolute Question and Answer Thread (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Xbox 360 TE + Mc Cthulhu + Imp v1

I’ll check and edit this post tomorrow for whatever i get back from the buttons but this is baffling.

Using MC Cthulhu mode - All directions work. Guide, Start, and Select all work.
Using 360 mode - Any direction containing up (up, up-left, up-right) does not work. All other directions work and Guide/Start/Select work as well.

What I honestly don’t get is if I’m piggybacking from the 360 TE board to the MC Cthulhu board, you would expect that if something worked on the MC board it’d must work for the xbox board as well

[edit]
All buttons and directions work on mc cthulhu.
All buttons work on 360 mode, up is the only direction that doesn’t work still. I don’t get it.

MadCatz PS3 Round 2 and Padhacked MadCatz Brawl Pad, connected via Imp 2.1

Testing on a PC, ordinarily in X-Box mode it would show up as MadCatz Brawlpad and USB Joystick 8000sonething in PS3 mode
When in X-Box mode, its working as intended, but when I hit the Home button, it tries to switch to PS3 mode and disconnects.
Additionally, when try to switch to PS3 mode, it won’t connect at all, and when I take my hand off the Home button, it switches back to X-Box mode.

EDIT: So much as touching the PS3 D+ line causes the same result, pretty sure D+ and D- are shorted.

EDIT2: Definitely not shorted, everything appears to be connected, I’m feeling a little lost on what to do from here.

I wanna dual mod my SCV TE stick and use one of those Neutrik feed-throughs because I honestly think they look cool. So what PCB am I supposed to buy and is there any visual aid as to how to install it.

何も知らん

Disgard please.

It’s connected like this if it were a 360TE PCB instead of a pad. It was from the rtdzign thread here.

All the buttons are piggybacked from the xbox 360 TE to the MC Cthulhu.
The stick works on PC as “Cthulhu Multiconsole Edition” [MC mode] and “Arcade Stick (Street Fighter IV)” [360 mode].
All the buttons and directions work perfectly in MC mode. In 360 mode, up direction is the only thing that doesn’t work.

You can get a bat top and a circle\octogon gate and a stiffer spring. It won’t make it feel exactly like a competition but it will be close. Also if you grew up on a p360 optical (no microswitches) you can buy a spark ce from toodles (godlikecontrols.com) and get a circle gate with a stiffer spring and a bat top to make it feel like an old p360 (again doesn’t feel the same, but it’s close)

Just a quick question.

I have a Mad Catz TE round 1 stick.

I am replacing the Sanwa for a Seimitsu.
Putting in a 6 button full plexi and removing the bezel
Adding new artwork
New artwork and plexi on the bottom.

My problem is the Bold. I assume I will need a new metal panel that is 6 buttons. But I can’t seem to find one anywhere. is it absolutely imperative, and if so where can I get one? or Can I just use hole covers and put it under the art and plexi?

No need to change the metal panel. No need to cover it with plungers. The art and plexi will cover the empty holes and won’t be noticeable.

Much appreciated

I bought a dual modded (TE kitty) TE-S with a sparky jr pcb.

When I got the stick initially, the owner said he couldn’t get the LEDs to work properly only having all kicks light up (and stay lit). But functionally it worked flawlessly on both 360 (which is the native board) and ps3.

I switched the wires on the terminal strip of the TE-S, initially he had the top row connected to the sparky, so the wires going from the TE-S are now on the bottom of the strip. And the lights work to my surprise!

The down side is that the stick only works on ps3. The LEDs work on both consoles but the Xbox doesn’t recognize stick at all.

So it’s either I have a functional dual mod with fucked up lights, or a really pretty ps3 stick.

Anyone have any idea how to approach this so I have both the dual mod and the LEDs?

super late edit:

fixed it.

how i fixed it

Spoiler

hold down BACK when the joystick is switched to RS when plugging into the xbox

Renamed the thread so that people actually know to ask questions here

So I just got a cheap brawl stick since Injustice just came out. I wanted to upgrade the parts in it to match the TE fight sticks. I was planning on getting the JLF-TP-8YT-SK joystick and the OBSF-30 pushbuttons. I used to lurk here a lot for a while and lizardlick was really popular back then but it looks like they closed a while ago. Where is the best place to buy now?

http://www.arcadeshock.com/
http://www.focusattack.com/
http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/

I use all three and just go wherever has the cheapest part at the time. All 3 are fast shippers and highly reliable.

Thanks! Also I was looking at doing a dual mod for the stick as well. I got the brawl stick for xbox and wanted to dual mod it with the ps3. I see the chimp board combines the Cthulhu and Imp boards together but I cannot find it in stock anywhere. focusattack.com has them in stock separately.

Not sure this is the appropriate place to ask, but here goes:

I have an old AIAB stick (Happ convex buttons from back when Happ buttons were still good/iL stick). Buttons have quick disconnects on their microswitches, though on the board side they’re soldered on. 360-only.

I bought a Cronus adaptor (not the X). Works like a dream… on everything except that stick. AIAB soldered to what I think were generic Mad Catz 360 pads. Anywho, I updated the Cronus firmware and still nothing. (The Cronus isn’t my question, though if anyone has any suggestions here, let me know, as Cronus support is slightly… indifferent.)

Why buy the adaptor? Well, I need to dual mod this stick. I registered for Evo (my first Evo despite being registered on this site forever; yay me). Evo plays on PS3s predominantly. 2+2 = Jesus. With the Cronus out, I bought, and am awaiting in the mail, the PS360+ board.

Now, here’s the thing:

I have no man skills.

Like, very few man skills. The bare minimum.

I can operate a screwdriver and put together one of those Staples desks or chairs with the directions included. I can also change a tire and put together/take apart/repair a computer. … That’s it. No other man skills. I have soldered nothing and re-wired nothing other than molex/berg connectors and other assorted PC terms dynamite timepants man moist.

So you can appreciate that I’ll get the PS360+, open it, look at it for a while, then cry in a corner for an hour or ten.

My questions are about installing the PS360+.

1. Apparently it can be fireware updated via PC. Should I do this before anything else?

2. As mentioned, the wires are soldered on the board side of things in my current AIAB stick. Can I trim those wires, remove enough shielding to fit the wires into the PS360’s screw terminals, screw them in, and BAM good to go? Or should I get new wires?

2a. Where do I get Happ/iL parts these days? (No, I’m not switching to a Japanese stick.)

1. The PS360+ has an RJ45 and a USB Type B port. I want to use the RJ45 for its wider compatibility. Do I mount this thing in such a way that these ports jut out the back of my stick? Or do I mount it inside and run an RJ45 extension cable out the back? Will this interrupt with the PS360+'s apparent intelligent detection of what cable I’m using?

2. Why in the fuck didn’t Crono and company just shit stomp Zeal before the Ocean Palace nonsense?

That is all. Thanks muchly.

1. You could do it prior or you can just as easily plug your stick into your PC via USB once you’ve finished the mod and flash it.

2. The screw terminals on the PS360+ are fairly big, wouldn’t see why you couldn’t just strip the ends of the existing wires and reuse them. Granted I like using fresh wiring for projects as old wires sometimes have kinks that could cause problems down the road.
    a) HAPP/IL parts at Arcadeshock and Paradisearcadeshop.

3. You could have the butt end of the PS360+ sticking out of your stick but that would worry me as any pressure on the USB cable that connects to your console will be directly felt by the PCB. Typically modder’s install a RJ45 feed through in their case like this or this. Then all you need is a short ethernet cable that goes from the RJ45 jack on the PS360+ to the internal side of the feed through then connect a RJ45 to USB cable on the outside to your console. This won’t affect or limit how the PS360+ functions. In fact this way you could get something like a RJ45 to Dreamcast cable to use the stick on your Dreamcast.

4. Need to go dig up my SuperFamicon cart, brb.

@specs

Dr.B is disappointed at your lack of man skills.

Gratitude @Exand!

Xbox 360 TE + Mc Cthulhu + Imp v1

All the buttons are piggybacked from the xbox 360 TE to the MC Cthulhu.
The stick works on PC as “Cthulhu Multiconsole Edition” [MC mode] and “Arcade Stick (Street Fighter IV)” [360 mode].
All the buttons and directions work perfectly in MC mode. In 360 mode, up direction is the only thing that doesn’t work.

It’s connected like this if it were a 360TE PCB instead of a pad. It was from the rtdzign thread here.