Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

So the 360 version common ground too?

yes it

…is. :slight_smile:

There’s a joke in the last few posts, like if you get it :wink:

Just run the D+ and D- lines from each PCB to the sides of the switch and then middle poles to the D+ and D- that connects to the Crossbone

This is from a older guides but ti still applies here for Dual modding with a DPDT switch

And a more detailed explanation here

@Vicko That’s what i get for disappearing more than a day and then try to catch up on posts in a hurry, lol.

Thanks for checking! I couldn’t find mine, but it was a PS3/PC version anyway. It’s good to know that it woks, because that at least means that bluetooth isn’t involved at all, and with enough time I should be able to spoof anything that the DS3 sends over USB. I ordered the MayFlash adapter to have something on hand to compare with. Thanks for your help!

So what TVs are people using/recommending? I know there is a thread listing all the HDTVs that have been tested and all but that list is old and several models seem to be from the UK. I’m actually in the US and in the market for a tv that isn’t gonna be different than the evo monitor. Any recommendations?

Displaylag.com has some newer TV’s but obviously they don’t get and test every TV/monitor out there, gotta specify what size you’re actually looking for too, there’s lots of sites out there that review TV’s that do lag tests so you might have to search around.

I’m looking for anything 32" and above and something that’s comparable to the evo monitor. I’ll take a look at the sites you mentioned but I was just hoping some tech talk denizens would share what tvs they use.

Seems a lot of 2015 TV’s are laggy, look for older ones like Sony KDL42W653 15ms lag, Sony KDL42W705B(706B, 700B) 14ms lag and comes in 32", 42" I think larger but unsure of its lag, maybe it’s still 14ms. I own the 32" and it’s pretty good.

Just FIY , I know this is slightly out of topic for sweamwolf’s question.

Know the current Evo monitor is no longer the ASUS VH236H 23".
The current Evo Monitor is the BenQ RL2460HT 24"
They both Avg about 10 ms of input lag.

Seems to be the issue that most displays are built for movie watching so it has great visual display but terrible for games where input lag becomes a issue.
I think for the Sony Display the 42" 15ms has less lag than the 32" with 33ms

So pretty much there isn’t a tv that really feels as good as those monitors huh? Well that is disappointing. I guess would I feel a difference then when comparing 14-15ms vs 10ms?

To the Human eye, you would never will notice. There some 9ms displays in existence, so don’t get broken up if you don’t have the fastest display.

Displaylag.com classifies anything from 0-20ms as Excellent, 21-41ms as Great and “Only the most analytic gamers will be able to tell the difference between great and excellent displays” - Displaylag.com
There is some people on SRK who clams they can detect a 1ms diffrences, but these are ether out right lies or they are just fooling themselves.

No human begin can SEE a 1ms event, and for the rare few people on the planet with 'that kind of reflexes" (like Isao Machii) don’t see anything at 1ms ether, they instead try to anticipate and predict what would happen in advance. If you are interested in the science of it read up on Persistence of vision (film terminology), phi phenomenon and beta movement.

I am interested in buying a Hori Fighting Edge, However, I am worried about parts breaking. Is it easy to buy and replace the buttons on them? What about the touchpad or lights on it?

Also, is it simple to replace the cover art on it?

Yes, anything standard 30mm will fit.
You’d have to hit pretty hard to break that, with a sharp object
Yes

Sure I get that you need to hit it hard, but this is a what if. What if it just stops working? No cracks or anything. Is my only option to get a new one if I want to use the start button?

No but you can hard wire 2 buttons to replace the touch panel

Where can I buy quick disconnect cables with the QD terminals on both ends? The ones on Focus Attack only have them on one end.