Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Question, there’s 2 local tournaments coming up that are going to be played on ps4. The stick I use has a ps360+ in it, and so far I’ve only played sf5 on pc. I’ve heard of the 8 minute no legacy timeout thing for ps360+ on ps4. So after every game, do I just unplug and replug my stick back in? is it going to be a big hassle that’s going to piss people off there? I don’t have a ps4 to test it on.

Also, for a quick fix I was looking at brook converters. Does it matter which one I get since I have a ps360+? ps3 > ps4 converter would work if I forced ps3 mode right? 360 > ps4 converter would work if I forced 360 mode right? This question seems like the answer would be “yeah obviously”, but I’m just unsure if there’s a better converter (less lag) than the other for ps360+, or if there’s any problems with a converter and ps360+

You can do a soft rest of the ps360 by pressing select + 3k on ps4 mode.

So finally bought a brooks board, which is USB B output. Say I have a case that has a Neutrik port for B-A, and I want to install the brooks board into that. Would I be doing myself a disservice by using a B-B male, passing through the Neutrik and then going A-A male to console or PC (adding delay, power issues)? Should I just try and find a tidy way to run the B to A directly to board to avoid complications?

Semi-related, is it possible and/or worth the effort to go from the USB B to RJ45 through a Neutrik RJ-45 to USB-A?

U could buy b to a converters real cheap. U will save money and headache finding a b to b conector.

No I had been saving the dpdt switch for last. So when I started having both boards connected to the swtiches it looks like there was some kind of interference.
Thanks for the reply. That nudge in the right direction is what I needed.

Yeah, I figured that would be the case, but I like the clean finished look, the ability to remove the cable externally, as well as not having the external cable connected directly to the board of running the set up I described.

Do u have a neutrik setup? Is your pcb is B AND your neutrik is B in the case this would be the best solution, but I don’t know what set up your going for.

You know what, now that I think of it, I could just do 2 B Male to A Male cables through this couldn’t I?

That is the most common setup. It works great for me.

Yeah, definitely had it dawn on me when I was about to describe it and I was like, “I’m an idiot”.

Replace with a brook UFB. It’s a drop in replacement.

You can flip the neutrik and have A on the inside and B on the outside. Unscrew the 2 screws on the neutrik, flip the middle part and screw back down.

The DPDT should only handle data. Both boards need to have power and ground at all times.

I’m doing a new stick build with some @Toodles PCBs (Chimp SMD & PiiWee).

Does anyone know if I can put these PCB’s into a SIX-BUTTON case and be good for Pokken?

Is anyone with more experience with the game know if the ZL & ZR buttons serve any significant functionality?

My xbox 360 Soul Calibur arcade stick (soul ed.) had some trouble last few days and long story short, the pcb’s dead… Submitted a ticket to MadCatz which told me that I’d have to change it, because I’m out of warranty. I’m somewhat tight on budget but I’d like to be able to fix it to play on both xbox360/PC. Which PCB should I get?

#1 Welcome to SRK Tech Talk @philtothetop !!!

Here’s my $0.02:

Low budget, no soldering skills, I would recommend just getting another TE, TE-S, TE-S+, Soul Calibur, or MLG PCB. You can usually find used ones in the SRK trading outlet or on your local Craigslist

Low budget, some soldering skills, I would recommend trying to find a MadCatz fightpad. Again, check SRK TO, Craigs, and I think you can search Gamestop for a used one near you. Depending where you get it from, it’s probably going to be cheaper than the TE PCB’s

Mid budget, no soldering skills, I would recommend getting an Akishop PS360+ (only get the v2.10, older ones are laggy & drop inputs on XBox360). Again, check SRK TO, a lot of folks are upgrading to the Brook PS3/PS4 or Brook UFB setups and you might find one of these for cheap

Mid/High budget, no soldering skills, I would recommend getting the aforementioned Brook UFB PCB. It’s $90 bucks, PAS has it, go get it. It does PC, PS3, PS4, XBox360, and XBOne

I need to drill a hole for an OBSF 24 button. I’ve read that I should use a 15/16 drill bit (please correct me if I’m wrong) - but is there any ideal type of bit for this? Spade bit, hole saw, normal, etc?

Thanks for the help! Might try to go for the Akishop PS360+.

Where can I buy online a Brooks Ps3 to Ps4 adapter in europe? (Spain to be precise, I’d like to reduce the shipping costs to a minimum)

I like to use Forstner bits first, hole saws second. I don’t like having to remove the plugs from hole saws, that’s why I use Forstners. Both Forstner and hole saw won’t let the bit wobble and make an elliptical hole.

Depends on your tooling, I have a hole saw for my drill but it proved hard to find, had to order it online.