Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Yeah, sorry I did mean copper trace
Apparently typing trace as trance is a common error of mine

My joystick in my Hori real arcade pro v4 hayabusa (ps4) will get stuck sometimes. It mainly gets stuck on the right but it can happen on other directions. How can I fix this? Is there a cheap and easy solution?

I want to build an arcade stick for next gen stuff (PC + whatever tournaments will be played on) and I’m stuck as to where I should start. Would I be better off cannibalizing a controller or should I start from scratch with a different PCB? I’m trying to determine what would make more sense in both how much it would cost and how easy it would be to make the stick.

Whatever tournaments will be played on for the next few years would be up in the air.
But in general you would want PS3, PS4, Xbox One and Xbox 360, the PC compatibility would fall with any of those 4

Hello, I have a Hori PS3/4 Kai stick. (The black one). I was wondering what was the proper art template for it. I notice several hori ones and am not sure on which is the correct one. Thank you.

http://arcadestickdiy.sknzw.com/2011/01/03/RAP-VLX_template.psd

Should be the same as the other ones.

Question. I have a te that I moded for ps4. It is the only PCB in the stick. The stick will randomly disconnect however. Like really random no button sequence will activate it. No certain joystick movements it doesn’t seem like anything specific is triggering the arcade stick to disconnect. I looked through the insides and did not find any shorts but if it disconnects there is a short somewhere. Has this ever happened to anyone before. The stick works perfectly but it disconnects randomly. So I figured I’d post here since I’ve never heard of this before. Any chance you guys can give me some trouble shooting here?

What PCB did you use? Anything other than official parts will disconnect after 8 minutes on PS4.

Its a fighting commander 4 as I’ve always used. I have just never ran into an issue where it will disconnect. Its not time based. Its random. It will happen when I’m just simply playing. 1-10-30 minutes in. At random occasions

Dumb question, but the dipswitch on the PCB is set to 4, right?

@arthong of Tek Innovations mentioned he’d get one in soon and do measurements and offer plexi for it a few months back. I know he’s been busy of late, but when that happens I’m sure there will be an official template available. For now, you can’t use the same template as other other PS3 & 360 Hori Kai sticks as the measurements are slightly different.

@yenjoi - He mentioned “Kai” so he wasn’t referring to the VLX.

My first guess would be there’s a short in the USB cable. Try replacing it and see if the issue persists. If so, there may be an issue with the PCB itself.

So, I usually use heat shrink and/or tech flex for wire harnesses but I’m interested in using spiral wrap on one I need to make. What size should I be getting? I want to do one bundle for all 6 buttons with a daisy chained ground. Ideally, I would want to be able to use the same size looming for the joystick harness and system buttons. My gut tells me 12mm should be about right. I know the stuff is rather flexible and expands so somewhere between the largest bundle and smallest bundle is what I need. Any insight on the subject would be helpful. I don’t want to order the wrong size.

I’m trying to make stick art for the very first time, but I’m having a bit of a problem. Does any of the templates in the art thread work with HORI R.A.P.V4 HAYABUSA or do I need to try to make a new one?
Also is there even plexiglass avaible HORI R.A.P.V4 HAYABUSA? I couldn’t find anything with google.

So I got a good deal on two Namco PSX fightsticks, and was wondering what adapter to get if I want to connect it to PC and/or 360?
Input-lag would be the most important aspect, however, I would prefer cheap solutions as the namco stick won’t be my preferred stick to use anyways.

I don’t think there’s a plexi or template for it yet and the V3 is a slightly different layout, you’ll probably have to wait for tek-innovation or focusattack releases a template and plexi whenever that may be.

I would suggest a pad hack or a ps360, though the latter isn’t cheap, and the former is only cheap if you already have the tools.

Another quick question about modding.
Would I have any problems fitting in Seimitsu LS-32 Arcade Joystick and Seimitsu PS-14-KN 30mm buttons? I haven’t done any modding before so I’m kinda confused what fits to what. A quick google search tells me that the Kuro buttons are supposed to be 30mm.

Edit: Also thanks for previous answer.

I should have mentioned I already switched the cable as well. To see what was going on. I am really hoping its not the PCB its self. As that would suck.

Not a dumb question at all. The switch is certainly set to ps4. It would just disconnect at random times.

I’ll check again for a short but I did not find anything last time. I have about 2-3 more ideas before I completly trouble shoot it as PCB defects

What is the longest length for an fc4 on the ps4? Google gave me this:

• “USB Cable Length Limitations: The USB specification limits the length of a cable between full speed (or high speed) devices to 5 meters (16 feet 5 inches) and for low speed devices the limit is 3 meters (9 feet 10 inches).”*
    So, is the fc4 a high speed or low speed device?

Thats the maximum lengths on paper as per the USB specs. In practicality I would not go pass 10 ft
the FC4 is USB 2.0. which was considered high speed.