Sorry for getting this up so late. Going to be trying a few things this time around like running a MK vs DCU tournament to see if it has a decent turnout and having SFIV on free play so we can introduce new players to SF and that in March we can get a strong turnout for a tourney with it. If a sizable number of people are interested I’m more than willing to run a tournament for it IF we have enough setups available for it to run smoothly.
Friday, February 20th- 1PM to 9PM. The main events will be our Brawl No Item tournament. Spectators will get in free. Entrants will pay $5 for the host/cover charge while the actual tournament entry fee will be $10 for each game. The Brawl Item Standard Play tournament and MK vs DCU Tournament entry fee is $5 each. Bringing your own controller/stick is preferred though some should be available. Full rules and division of winnings outlined below. We will also be selling $1 tickets for our prize drawings where the winners will be able to pick from various gift cards. Tournament entrants get a ticket for the prize drawings free. We’ll be selling Papa Johns pizza for $2 a slice and canned sodas for $1 with a dinner deal of 2 slices and a soda for $4.
Any mid round rule changes by entrants are subject to disqualification.
Brawl No Item tournament - $10
We’ll be doing things a bit more traditionally than we did with our item tournament so I’m copying this from a few other rulesets with a few edits.
- Matches will be Three Stock, 7 minute time limit.
- Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
- Random seeding will be done by location. This is due to us not having our own ranking charts for skill levels.
- First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge (including special forms like Zero Suit Samus or selecting a specific Pokemon Trainer starter) then proceed. The stage will be random selected from the list of Neutral stages. The loser of the first match will then pick the next stage from the list of Neutral or Counterpick stages, then the winner may choose his character, the loser will choose his character, and the match will begin. The same will happen for the third match, if necessary.
- The same stage can not be played twice in a row in a single set unless by random select.
- Players who are late for their match will lose a stock for each pasing minute they are not present. If/when they show up, they will have to play the full match time period with the reduced stock.
- Stalling underneath a stage is an automatic disqualification for that match.
- Prize winning percentages will be 70/20/10 (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story, Smashville, Lylat Cruise
Stages for Counterpick:
- Delfino Plaza, Distant Planet, Luigi’s Mansion, Bridge of Eldin, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, Castle Siege, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Brinstar, Pokemon Stadium 1, Yoshi’s Island (melee)
NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you and your opponent agree and ask a judge. If both agree, there will be no complaints.
- Hanenbow, Pictochat, Green Hill Zone, Mario Circuit, Skyworld, Norfair, Mushroomy Kingdom, Rumble Falls, Pokemon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, Port Town: Aero Dive, Shadow Moses Island, 75m, Mario Bros Arcade, The Summit, Flatzone 2, WarioWare Inc, New Pork City, Hyrule, Big Blue, Onett
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (Xbox 360) - $5
Double Elimination. Matches will be best 3/5 rounds, finals best 4/7 rounds.
Stages set to random select
All infinites BANNED. using an infinite results in a forfeit for that round.
Superman gets 1 free move after dd4*1+2 but it cannot be another promove ground pound.
Flash reset is LEGAL but only 1 reset in the combo is allowed. if 2 resets are done then its considered a semi-infinite and you forfeit the round.
Breaker combos are legal.
Guaranteed hits/combos off of the unblockable rage activation are legal.
Instant kill glitch BANNED. using it results in a forfeit for that MATCH.
ALL characters are legal.
Winner must keep the character they won with. you can change characters after a loss.
Prize winning percentages will be 70/20/10 (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Brawl ISP tournament - $5
Secondary tournament for Brawl using the Item Standard Play rules (full list will be posted shortly).
Location and directions
Overcash Building, Room 255
Central Piedmont Community College
1201 Elizabeth Ave
Charlotte, NC 28204
Visitor parking is in the new (brick) parking deck next to the bookstore and across the street from the old (concrete) parking deck and the IT building. There is a lot of road construction nearby. The Overcash building is better known as the Bojangles building which is straight down Elizabeth Avenue (which has been finally been repaired). It’ll be on the second floor.