Adhesive Backed Veneer

Hey guys,

Was thinking about making already finished cases with adhesive backed veneers.

Does anyone know what product this is called? It should be similar to something like Arcade-In-A-Box uses.

Have no clue what it’s called and would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
satek

ive purchased adhesived backed veneer at my local Rockler. try rockler.com

Some home improvement stores carry this material like home depo. Are you looking for Wood veneer (thin slice of actual wood with no knots, or other imperfections) or the plastic stuff used for cabinet making?

I don’t want the wood, I want the plastic stuff similar to the arcade-in-a-box cases. Is it bendable at all? I think I found what it was called: plastic laminate.

The stuff (plastic laminate) isn’t known for its bendability, and I would not try more than a 10 degree bend, otherwise the adhesive will not hold or worst you could snap the material in half. Plastic laminate is brittle when you try to bend it, but on a flat surface it does well and it’s strength really shows. You can at edges, cut and stick the material together for some crisp looking edges and corners, but a line of the underlining color will show. If you got room for it in your build, plastic t-molding is great for edge work.

Look at vinyl laminate as well. Check out the arcadecontrols.com forums – they talk about this stuff a lot.

I believe that Arcade in a box uses gameongrafix.com for their panels.

Alright, that’s what I was thinking. I guess that’s not an option then.

Yep, this looks like the thing I was looking for: Bendable and looks good.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Alright, that’s what I was thinking. I guess that’s not an option then.

Yep, this looks like the thing I was looking for: Bendable and looks good.

Thanks for all the help everyone!