• Close St. MP is now -4 on block
• Close St. MK is +2 on hit, +3 on block
• Focus attack hitbox is tweaked to be able to hit crouching opponents too.
• Rising Jaguar (LK, MK, HK) – at the start, horizontal hitbox is increased a little, so that after a Rising Jaguar FADC, its harder to accidentally crossover the opponent. Also, one extra frame is given to FADC a HK Rising Jaguar (easier to fadc), thus making it easier to connect an Avalanche Jaguar.
• As for U1, even if you activated it at close range, it wont go over a standing opponent (will go over if crouching).
Okay so there are the changes. Made a thread so we can all discuss the changes in one place.
Firstly, overall its good news, no huge changes I guess.
However ill break it down into my thoughts on each one.
Close st.mp - I still dont use it, and probably wont even after this change. It just looks all sorts of inferior to close st.hp. If the range for using it was increase then perhaps I would.
Close st.mk - why change this move? it was fine as it was previously imo. Now as far as im concerned its a pointless move… who wants a move that has more advantage on block than it does on hit? if it did chip then cool… but right now I feel they just took away a frame trap option.
Focus attack - happy with this, maybe slides can actually be focused now?
Rising Jaguar - provided it makes ending combos more reliable, im a happy bunny. Never found it difficult to RJ after an FADC in the first place… as far as im concerned regarding the FADC, its a bit like Bisons FADC change, useful but unnecessary.
U1 - so now we can forward dash after a focus crumple to land the u1? worthless change as far as im concerned. Dudleys equivalent ultra got buffed to work fully on aerial opponents… if that means it does the full Animation im gonna be rather annoyed. Dudleys u1 is basically used for the same purpose as Adons and yet it has an advantage in every way, even more so if this change is correct.
I am not too disapointed, especially after seeing some of the changes to other characters… I was hoping for maybe an extra frame on cr.lp just to make his combo that little bit easier, or at least safe on block -.-
I am happy with the RJ change provided it fixes whiffing during combos, but overall I consider the changes to be a minor buff.
So thoughts? maybe some better Adons than me can give there opinion!