Adon Strategy and Match-up Thread

yes adons dash is awesome and i must agree with jester on that blanka match up its who ever is more patient but in that keep in mind that blanka hits hella hard and us adons don’t got life like that lol

I just had a OMG bull sh*t moment. I had no sign of a health bar against Sagat. Sagat had enough health to survive a few attack attempts, but would lose to Ultra 1 if landed. He was NOT using tiger shots, so I figured I’d go for a hail mary. I did hard jaguar tooth right into ultra 1 on the off chance he picked to do anything after the tooth to punish him. Sure enough he did----he picked some low kick, not sure if medium or light, but he picked a kick, my ultra came out same time and he was able to block it, even though during the animation start up you can see Sagats foot sticking out all stupid, so he should have been punished.

It’s depressing to see that match lost when I felt I should have won by making the right call there. I’ve also had this happen if someone does a jump in kick attack(generally Ryus who do hard kick jump ins on my wake up). I’ll try to punish with Ultra 2 or 1, and it always gets blocked even tho right as Adon does it you can see the other characters foot stuck through my entire body. I know I know start up frames, blah blah, but it’s so fuggin stupid. :confused:

EDIT: Zlatko: unfortunately, Adon’s startup for both ultras is rather slow and I’m sure he threw out a low short. Which at most is 4-5 frames. If he would’ve thrown the low forward, you wouldve stuffed him in the face. IMO

to reiterate on what you said, the Honda matchup I think is one of Adon’s worst matchups. Honda has options to keep you out so you literally have to just be solid and rely on a really good footsie game. Frustrate the player and make them come to you. Because Honda has a hard time getting in from outside of footsie range. Once he is in, he’s in. But that’s what good ol RJ-FADC-… is good for :tup:

I’m having a shitty time against Viper and Vega man. viper’s rushdown is serious and Vega’s footsie game is good as well. Any enlightening y’all can do would be win

Yup them’s the way the cookies crumbles for Adon sadly. :frowning: Viper I’m still alright with by making good use of tooth to train them into thinking it’s going to be a hard one most of the time so they will try to punish, then you start doing some medium and light ones to get openings, and of course jaguar kick is always a solid way to punish her if she is trying to come at you. Just focus absorb burning kicks often is the hard part of this match up.

Vega however I am at a loss. I just can’t beat good Vegas, even some flowchart/crappy ones get me. If I Focus absorb his claws when he comes down they start to go for the grab which gets me all the time. If I try to stay on him he will end up getting away one way or another. He and guile are just hard to keep pressed down for me. I’m still trying to figure out what is a good way to get them to play your game, but sadly in fights I’m always playing theirs. :frowning:

Could anyone lay down some quick info on Balrog and Bison matchups? I have lots of trouble trying to take them both down, especially when they turtle.

Against Bison, jump forward with fierce ( any other attack will get beaten with his s. HK ) to get close to him, or use lk jaguar kick to gain space fast but make sure you hit him.
Against Balrog, try baiting dash punches, if they whiff use jaguar kicks or try crossing him up. Beware of his bull anti air. Also use far s. HK because its 2 hits and it can hit him in the 2nd hit even if he is using an ex dash punch.

Just added some stuff on rufus section

After blocked EX Messiah

Overhead finisher
-:hk:Rising Jaguar beats it
-dash under and do any combo

Low Finisher
Rising Jaguar beats it

Delayed flip kick finisher
:hk:Rising Jaguar trades but not in your favor

Flip kick fadc back
:hp: Super beats it

s.hp xx hp galactic tornado
-:hk:Rising jaguar before the galactic tornado comes out.

Does Adon have any option selects? If so, how is it done?

adon’s only option select is his neutral jump mk xx air jaguar kick. If the neutral air mk connects (or is blocked) the air jaguar kick will come out. If it whiffs, adon will land without performing any jaguar kick.

HE has so many more lol

Stang I just want to point out that Adons normals will beat out dive kick pressure in fact all of his standing normals except short. Basically Jab is the best choice for close pressure it will hit him out of the jump, but when already in dive kick animation fierce works, both close and far. So just some food for thought. Strong and forward are used for a little bit farther distances

more true option selects? Keep in mind a real option select is where you put the motions in, and the game decides for you based on certain circumstances. Not “adon can do this, and then afterwards you can choose to do this if you want.”

If he has more, please list them

Just like Ryu, you can option select short rj to beat jumps and back dashes. Not sure who it works against ex devils reverse and head stomp, although it might hit if the hit box is right.

Why would a Bison player Reversal Devil’s Reverse which you can option select HK RJ, when he can teleport away so you can option select LK JK :tup:

So after being in the lab, I must say that plinking really is amazing. If you’re not utilizing it, you’re doing yourself an injustice. Also, I’m not sure if plinking works with special moves, but i’ve been plinking lk rising jag in the corner after a corner combo because linking the 2nd rising jag is tight timing, and since i started plinking i haven’t really missed any.

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=234944&p=8838850 :china:

Also, has anyone found a good use for meaty cl.:mk:? Since active frames are 6, and advantage on hit is +2, hitting on the last frame would yield 5+2 advantage. This was further supported when I was able to link s.:mp: off it, which has a 7-frame startup. Unfortunately, some characters get pushed back so far that none of Adon’s lights and mids can connect afterwards.

On block, 5-1 yields +4 advantage. So what can we do with that? Frame trap with sweep? Walk-up throw? Cross-up shenanigans? iAJK? L2 Focus? Try 'em out.

I’m def switching up my BnB from cr. lp -> cr. lp to cr. short -. cr. lp. Learning that its easier to hit

Also, anyone else finding that lk RJ over a down opponent sometimes results in a cross up?

I was playing a friend who is an Adon player and he crossed me up with an LK RJ on two separate occasions while I was crouching. It seems incredibly situational though.

I found out that h.jaguar kick out priorities everything Zangief does lylat, green hand, jump-ins. Everything.

I had played bushido impact tournament. And i had lost 10 match again M.Bison in freeplay.
I give you few information on this match-up.
I had played again M.Bison very offensive

Short range:M.Bison made zoning with a s.MK and s.HK
-To break his : s.MK,s.MK =+8 (M.Bison frame trap)for ADON to break it
s.MK,s.HK =+10 for ADON to break it
s.HK,s.HK =+12 for ADON to break it
s.HK,s.MK =+10 for ADON to break it
All those frames traps can be break with cr.MP ( frame execution= 5 ).

Middle range :
In this range you must be mind cr.HK, Double Knee Press and Psyco Crusher.

-M.Bison’s cr.HK: In training mode you can see you must have 2 squares between ADON & M.Bison to cr.HK be safe. If M.Bison don’t respect this range cr.hk can whiff(far range) or block (short range) and in this case you can punish him (-10 on block).

Double Knee Press: If M.Bison make 2 hits on block you can punish him with Rising Jaguar(lk)
-DKP(lk): = +0 on block you can’t punish
You can break it with Focus (in training mode you must have 2 square between you).
-DKP(MK): If M.Bison make it in short range you can punish (-5 on block)
You can break it with Focus (in training mode you must have 3 square between you).
-DKP(HK):If M.Bison make it in short range you can punish (-8 on block)
You can break it with Focus (in training mode you must be in far range).

Psycho Crusher: All PC make 2 hits

-PC(lk): short range; punish (-8 on block)
-PC(MK): middle range or far range; punish (-14 on block)
-PC(HK):far range;punish (-17 on block)

Far range:

-Head Press: If you make back dash or foward dash the H.P can whiff and after you can punish him.
-Somersault Skull Diver can be break by a Focus.
-Devil Reverse: Can be break by a Focus.