1200 - Street Fighter IV
1300 - BlazBlue
1400 - KoF XII
1400 - Side Events begin!
1700 - Street Fighter IV 2v2 Teams
2100 - Casuals end
2200 - Venue closes

Cost/Payout:
$5 - Venue Fee ($0 if you bring a full setup - $2 if you bring a TV or System)
$10 - Street Fighter IV RANBAT- 70/20/10
$10 - Street Fighter IV 2v2 Teams - 70/30 ($10 per team entry fee)
$10 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl SIDE EVENT - 70/20/10
$10 - Super Turbo: HD Remix - 70/20/10 [Contact MissingPerson]
$10 - BlazBlue - 70/20/10

The Deal:

• $1 of each SFIV entrant’s TOURNAMENT fee will be added to the SFIV Ranbat Pot.
  • The Ranbat Pots will be split amongst the top 8 ranking players at the end of the season.
    *Don’t worry fellas. We WILL be throwing FREE money at the ranking battle pot.

Ranbat Point Payout
1 - 9 pts
2 - 7 pts
3 - 5 pts
4 - 4 pts
5 - 3 pts
6 - 3 pts
7 - 2 pts
8 - 2 pts
9 - 1 pt <- This is the equality point.

Ranbat Season 1 Prizes:
1 - Trophy + 50% Bonus pot
2 - Trophy + 20% Bonus pot
3 - Trophy + 10% Bonus pot
4 - 7.25% Bonus pot
5 - 5% Bonus pot
6 - 2.5% Bonus pot
7 - 2.5% Bonus pot
8 - 2.5% Bonus pot

Tournament Rules:

• Double Elimination

• Rounds are best 2/3 (unless otherwise stated)

• Standard matches are best 2/3 games

• Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best 3/5 games

• Winner keeps same team/character

• Pausing the game will get you a GAME LOSS

• Programmable pads are BANNED

• Game Freezing glitches are BANNED

• Game Resetting glitches are BANNED

• (3S) Gill is BANNED

• (TVC) Fiery Ruins Stage is BANNED

• (GGAC) GOLD characters are banned

• (GGAC) SHADOW characters are banned

• (GGAC) EX characters are banned

• (T5DR) Rounds are best 3/5

• (T5DR) Random stage select

• (T5DR) Jinpachi Mishima is BANNED

• (BB) EX/GOLD/SHADOW/UNLIMITED characters are BANNED

If you have any suggestions or comments, just leave em here. We want as much input as possible to make this series huge!

**CURRENT STANDINGS!!!

Street Fighter 4 - ($115 pot)**
27 pts - Rex
24 pts - AKS
20 pts - AKA
16 pts - JJJ
9 pts - Shekeib
8 pts - Kurasa
5 pts - GermanLeuger
4 pts - Humbag
4 pts - Kaal
4 pts - NKI
3 pts - Twilight Fox
3 pts - 4GottenKazama
3 pts - SuperFX
3 pts - Hanma
3 pts - Llama Humper
3 pts - Horokeu
2 pts - Lyquid
2 pts - Promega
1 pts - Dr Penick
1 pts - Zenkix
1 pts - Ben Ra
1 pts - Eason
1 pts - Blicen
1 pts - Kiet
1 pts - Chounaurd
1 pts - AJ
1 pts - Devil
1 pts - Weeks
1 pts - Raeli
1 pts - Vandal Hearts

PLEASE BRING A TV IF YOU CAN!!!

NOTE: SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL IS NO LONGER A RANBAT. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED RESULTS FROM AR1.1 OR AR1.2 AND ONLY 2 PEOPLE SHOWED UP FOR AR1.3. YOU GUYS CAN STILL RUN A SSBB TOURNEY AT AR, BUT YOU WON’T BE SUPPORTED WITH A RANKING BATTLE.

i’ll be there showing some support for the scene

Hooray! I have to at least get 1 point in SF4 before this season ends, or I may kill myself.

hahahhaa. Get that point then!

Same here. LETS GET IT!!!

I think Koga might have answered my question in the general STL thread, but are there 360s at these things? I’d hate to show up with my 360 stick in tow and get all :frowning: because I can’t play anything.

There generally are plenty of both systems, but you should be prepared, either way. What happens if your opponent only has a PS3 stick?

What kind of stick are you using? There’s usually a few people willing to let you use their stick for a match if you need to play on a system you don’t have a stick for.

Honestly, if the majority of play is on PS3, I wouldn’t mind paying the venue fee and just doing casuals so long as there’re casuals to be played on 360. If someone lets me use their stick, that would rock, but these things are expensive; I certainly wasn’t anticipating that sort of generosity. :slight_smile:

I’m using the 360 SE Fightstick (with the original buttons, no less!). I want to dual mod it, but given I don’t really compete live too often, it’s hard to justify it, especially since wires scare me and I would probably have to pay for labor.

I have a spare dual-modded SE, though I’ve upgraded the buttons and stick, and when I’m around, you’re welcome to use it. My main stick is a TE, and you could use that too, though I find it a bit strange switching between the two, since the TE is much larger/heavier on your lap.

I think they only make you pay the venue fee if you’re participating in the tournament. I’ve never shown up just for casuals, though.

Driving down to this from Springfield, IL. 2/4 seats taken in my car so far, if anyone is interested in partial carpooling from up around here let me know, would love to spend less on gas.

This thread needs some love!

Looks like it’s time to give Rex, J, and Allen more money.

rex you smoking crack yo, it’s next weekend.

last time there were 4 setups

2 xbox 2 ps3

trust me, if you’re a 360 player, people will let you borrow their sticks and all sorts of stuff. you’re set.

I lied, I’ll be diving in mermet springs that weekend. sorry.

i’ll be at the next one fa sho

You’ll be alright. Someone will let you borrow a stick but at Aerial Rave II, its all PS3 and no 360 setups. So just be ready for that.

Amazing. For some reason I imagined that players guard their sticks like precious metals. :slight_smile:

Since I’m about 90% certain I’ll be able to make it, I may as well ask. Is there demand for another 360 set up? I have a 22" widescreen LCD, routing sound through my laptop. It’s not exactly top notch, but it is HD and extremely portable. Assuming my 360 is actually fixed when I get it back from MS, I’ll have BlazBlue and HDR ready to go.

There is always a demand for another setup at AR ranbats. You’ll won’t have to pay the venue fee if you bring a setup.

1 day people! Get Hyped!!!

We’ll have the back 2 rooms this time around.

get hyyyppeeeeeeee

no srsly guys