Affordable, Available Quality Stick

Does this exist?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered about 80 times already… I’ve been looking at the tech talk for about an hour now and looked at all of the reviews of the different sticks and whatnot, without finding what I’m looking for.

What I’m looking for is an 8-button stick that won’t break right away, can be purchased in a timely manner, and doesn’t cost over $250. I don’t care if it has a picture of a turd on it as long as it won’t break right away. I don’t have the time or patience to make my own custom stick, and I don’t want to MOD one either.

Clearly the SF4 TE Stick is out of stock everywhere that sells it for retail price, as well as the EX.

Anyone have any advice for me, or is everyone in the same boat?

PS: If there is no way to get a decent stick besides ordering a custom, what custom shop offers the best combination of quality, price, and availability? I don’t care at all about aesthetics, but I don’t want to wait months to get a stick or pay $300 on ebay.

your best bet is to wait for the second shipment of Mad Catz TE sticks later this month.

Maybe get a custom made stick?

Do you know which custom shop makes cheap basic sticks for people who only play 1-2 hours a day at the most? I don’t want to wait forever to get it either…

I’m getting carpal tunnel from that god damn xbox360 controller but my SF4 addiction rages :).

Snatch this quick:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Arcade-Stick-Xbox360-Custom-Street-Fighter-Chun-Li_W0QQitemZ320355977674QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item320355977674&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Looks like a good stick man.

Snatched. You rock, thanks man!

NP man.

That was seriously a great deal on a joystick, if I had a 360 I would’ve bought it myself.

You have to set your hands on a half inch tall ledge with that stick, am I seeing that right?

i think so, about half an inch maybe a bit more. looks like a picture frame. not to be a d i ck, but that doesnt look too comfortable. and theres no room for your hands to rest.

Yeah, buttons are a bit low but you really can’t complain at that price I guess.

I don’t want to waste space by starting a new thread, so could anyone by chance point me toward where I could get myself a good arcade stick? I need a second one for friends, right now all I have is my modded SE stick.

That is most definitely an all Happ stick. Even the joystick, just has an American ball top. Not bad if it’s what you want, but I don’t think it’s worth $115.

Sorry to be a downer, but I also have to agree that that stick wasn’t worth it. I believe those aren’t even happ competition buttons and the spacing is spread a little too far. Happ parts don’t compare to sanwa/seimitsu IMO. I have happ competition parts in my cheapo x-arcade joystick and it’s just okay.

On the bright side, those parts should be pretty sturdy and you can always upgrade/mod it with sanwa/seimitsu parts later on. At least it’s much better than using a pad!

In the auction it lists the parts as Happ though.

Is it just me or does the joystick look like a ball top or something?

I’m gonna say that the case looks a little high/uncomfortable but for $115.00 it isin’t too bad.

That IS a balltop…

Uhh, I’m kind of confused and scared now.

First we have Sanwa Battops, then the BATBALL, and now Happ Balltops?!

INSANITY! DOWN IS UP! LEFT IS EAST! RIGHT IS BLUE!

lol what the…

How about 2 out of 3

Let’s try 2 out of 3 first:

Affordable and Available but not Quality
MadCatz SE
Mayflash
Hori FS3/EX2

Affordable and Quality but not Available
MadCatz TE
Street Fighter IV Anniversary Edition

Available and Quality but not Affordable
Custom made sticks

And finally:

Affordable Available and Quality
HRAP3/HRAP EX

I dont know if you’re trying to come off smart but the OP states that the HRAP has been unavailible, and Amazon has used ones listed for pretty ridiculous prices