So the official changes (so far) are beginning to roll in. I guess we ought to pull finger and list them.
Note: Removed some dumb unconfirmed crap. Moved some aspects into ‘unconfirmed’ where they rightfully belong.
- Jump back air fireball recovery extended by two frames
- c.hk cancel into Ultra Demon no longer possible. No mention of cancel into Super Demon being disabled also
- HP + MP SRK FADC only possible on the first hit*
- FADC DPs now leave Akuma at -5 frame (dis)advantage; FADC EX DP (for now) remains unaffected
- HP SRK invulnerability frames reduced from 6f to 5f
- cs.mk forces stand, 4f startup, hitbox slightly extended forward
- Ability to perform EX air ball from any demon flip. Reportedly functions the same as the current (goofy) EX flip > EX air ball**
**Formally Listed Changes:
• Close Standing MK now forces stand on hit; start-up reduced by 1 frame (5F → 4F); hitbox expanded downward; recognition range increased
• Far stand heavy punch now EX Red Focus/Special/EX Focus Cancellable; damage reduced by 30 (120 → 90)
• Crouching HK can no longer be cancelled into Wrath of the Raging Demon (UC1)
• All versions of Back Jump Zanku Hadoken recovery increased by 2F
• L, M and H Hyakkishu now have the same EX Zanku Hadoken follow-up as EX Hyakkishu
• M Goshoryuken 2nd hit can no longer be EX Focus-cancelled on block
• H Goshoryuken 2nd and 3rd hit can no longer be EX Focus-cancelled on block; invincibility time reduced by 1 frame (6F → 5F)
• L, M and H Goshoryuken → EX Focus Cancel → Forward Dash is now -5 on block
• EX Shakuretsu starts up 6 frames faster (25F → 19F)
• L Hurricane hitbox increased downward slightly**
- fs.hk has an extended forward reaching hitbox, assisting in FADC follow-up combos from fireballs
- Demon flip dive kick hurtbox extended 10% (invoking possible trades and potentially making it lose/trade to some attacks it currently beats)
- Vacuum effect of EX tatsu fixed**
- All hitstop effects have been extended by 1f (supposedly to curtail unblockables)**
- Delayed wake-up mechanic optionally extends wake-up times for characters receiving hard knockdowns (+11f?)
- New Red Focus mechanic absorbs infinite non-armour breaking hits at the cost of 2 bars, otherwise functioning the same as regular focus attacks. Level 1 confirmed as invoking crumple state. EX Red Focus consumes THREE bars
- “W” Ultra option that permits characters to party with both Ultras. Reportedly a poor option, despite being interesting.**
- Supposedly you can still FADC the second hit of MP SRK when used as an anti-air. For example, MP DP FADC on the second hit will allow you to plug a redball (i.e. the light one as usual for max stun) or any other juggle capable special onto the end.
** It was revealed that this change is actually an extended hitbox detection frame that permits extended time for side changes to register to remove the limbo area where directional blocking (no matter which direction you hold) outright fails. A number of unblockables were tested at Super Arcade today and all failed - rendering them “fake cross-ups.” Interesting.
So far, not bad. Can’t complain. Those who exercise a lot of jump back ball tossing might feel this (hello Tokido) though on the whole he remains largely the same. It remains to be seen just how much the delayed wake-up impacts hard knockdown setups however. I expect the utility of palm and sweep might take a hit as a result of this system change.
I feel oki that extends from hard knockdowns will instead transition into advantageous positioning for frame traps when opponents decide to rise, which will apply to all characters who would otherwise normally rip into applying measured setups.