Akuma's Ultra 1 Priority?

akuma

As I’m sure you all know, Akuma’s ultra 1 can cancel out of normals. since you can’t really cancel out of a normal in reaction to someone doing any other wake up, other then an ultra. it would be pretty useful to have a list of Ultra’s Akumas Ultra can beat.

Can’t ultra 1 beat just about everything if timed in the right sweet spot of a given situation?

-Dammit_rab

iunno, i noticed that there was a sweet spot with cody, but with sagats ultra, no matter how hard a tried i could not beat his. I was able to beat it half way threw but im not looking for a list of how i can beat each ultra during there ultra. i wanna know what ultras i can beat at the start of the ultra. Unless i missed the sweet spot with sagat.

Maybe it’s because sagat is considered in the air for his ultra? U1 is a ground-to-ground grab, so maybe that’s why.

^^^ This, makes the most sense. Thus I imagine it won’t work with Honda U1 too

I thought these would be interesting so i started testing these. Most of them require a late input, some are pretty lenient so i added a difficulty in brackets. If Akumas Super can do it as well i’ll make a note. The way i see it, even if it doesn’t hit, it might be worth noting if it reduces damage. Not silly things like one or two less hits, something along the lines of, For example, a late activation against Kens Shinryuken will prevent it from being a full ultra, which is about half the damage. Decent if you’ve gone for a meaty & they’ve reversal ultra’d

Some characters done, (Some part done) i’ll finish up tomorrow i think. Anyone have any info that contradicts mine then let me know & i’ll check it out. I’ve been testing close range & close range meaty, unless the move forces me to do otherwise. (Such as Adons Revolver)

Spoiler

• Abel
U1 – Late (Medium)
U2 – Never
Super -

• Adon
U1 – Late (Medium)
U2 – Never (Late will cause both to whiff)
Super -

• Akuma
U1 – Late (Easy) – If both are performed at distance, result is random.
U2 – Late (Medium)
Super - Early & Close - Random if both are at distance.

• Balrog (Boxer)
U1 – Late (Medium)
U2 – N/A (1 Frame timing is possible, but I couldn’t pull it off)
Super -

• Blanka
U1 – Never
U2 – Late or immediate (Easy) – There is a small gap in between where you seem to eat the Ultra.
U2 (AA) - Always - Funny though, this ultra acts as a ghetto counter-activated ultra. (buggy though) simielair to Fei or Cammy’s U2
Super -

• Cammy
U1 – Never
U2 – N/A
Super - Never

• Chun-Li
U1 – Late (Easy)
U2 – Always + Super
Super -

• Cody
U1 – Late (Medium)
U2 – Never
Super - Anytime (LK version is Never)

• C. Viper
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Dan
U1 – Late (Easy) – an immediate ultra will lose
U2 – Late (Easy)
Super - Never

• Dee Jay
U1 – Always
U2 – Never
Super - Always + Super works as well

• Dhalsim
U1 – Always – Not if you are hitting Sim during his ultra you won’t be able to cancel to Ultra. (As Sim takes
hits during his ultra animation, the fireball will come out during hitstun)
U2 –
Super -

• Dudley
U1 – Late (Medium)
U2 – Late (Medium)
Super - Never (Can activate either Super/Ultra after first upper)

• El Fuerte
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• E. Honda
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Fei Long
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Gen
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Gouken
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Guile
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Guy
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Hakan
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Ibuki
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Juri
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Ken
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Makoto
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• M. Bison (Dictator)
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Rose
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Rufus
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Ryu
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Sagat
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Sakura
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Seth
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• T. Hawk
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Vega (Claw)
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

• Zangief
U1 –
U2 –
Super -

Basically works like this, as long as they’re not invincible, and are not in the air, then you can demon them. You have 6 frames of invincibility iirc, so if they press a button before you activate, then you’ll catch them. The invincibility is why you can AA demon them. When they jump in with an attack, it wiffs cause ur invincible, then during their landing frames you grab them.

this is great, keep it up bra. Who ever made a youtube of when and how to beat peeps ultra, that video would get a lot of views.

You are wrong, Akuma can Ultra 1 Abel’s Ultra 2

Also:
Ultra 1 Gief’s Super and Ultra 1
Ultra 1 Seth’s Ultra 1
Ultra 1 T Hawk’s Ultra 1
Ultra 1 Ryu’s Ultra 1
Ultra 1 Rufus’ Ultra 1 and Ultra 2
Ultra 1 Viper’s Ultra 1
Ultra 1 Hakan’s Ultra 1
Ultra 1 Makoto’s Ultra 1 and Ultra 2
Ultra 1 Bison’s Ultra 1 and Ultra 2
Ultra 1 Rose’s Ultra 1 (and now possibly Ultra 2)

Somebody already has:
[media=youtube]VPbYd_A6KfA[/media]
[media=youtube]0sCIPuBbqiM[/media]

Keep an eye on the AE Matchup Thread - I’m going through the entire cast and posting how to punish every character’s Ultras and Super.

In most cases, it’s not wise to go for the narrow timing window of a reversal Raging Demon, since easier punishes like neutral jump - Raging Demon or KKK Teleport - Raging Demon are just as effective and are considerably more lenient on timing/spacing.

The other day I did an Ultra 1 after blocking the first hit(wall dive kick) of Makoto’s Ultra 2.

^ You can Ultra 1 her immediately after her Ultra 2 flash. Look at 2:23 of the second video I posted