Alamo Gaming presents: Revolucion! 2011, 2/19/11, San Antonio TX

Alamogaming.com
Presents

Revolucion! 2011
Febuary 19th, 2011

The followup to one of last year’s biggest events. Gamelot has expanded immensly, knocking down walls and expanding to over 3,000 sq ft of game space. More surprises to be announced later, so keep checking back.

Where:

Gamelot
7007 Bandera Rd (On the corner with the Church’s Chicken)
San Antonio, TX 78238-1138
(210) 684-0101

Gamelot has a wide selection of beverages and snacks at low prices, and Cici’s Pizza will be selling pizzas at $5 each.

What:

Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360) at 2 pm
Super Street Fighter IV (360) at 2 pm
Super Street Fighter IV 2v2 after the 1v1 event
Tekken 6 (PS3) at 3 pm
Blazblue CS (PS3) at 4:30 pm

Side Games:

(We need volunteers/equipment to run these side events, so please post up if you’re interested!)

Capcom vs SNK 2
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Arcana Heart 3

Entry Fees and Prizes:

Venue Fee: $10

All Games: $10
2v2 events: $20 per team
Side games: $5 (may be changed by the person running it)

All games will pay out Top 3:

1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

Teams payout (or if # of entrants is < 8)

1st: 70%
2nd: 30%

House Rules:

-NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK. Gamelot has a wide selection of beverages and snacks at low prices, and Cici’s Pizza will be selling pizzas at $5 each.

-Respect the property. No horseplay, loud cursing, etc, especially when other customers are in the store.

-Please bring your own controller/arcade stick. It slows down the tournament when people have to share equipment.

Rules:

-All games will be Double Elimination
-Winner stays with same character, loser may change character and sides if so pleased*****
-All matches 2 of 3 games, Winner/Loser/Grand finals are all 3 of 5
-If the start button is hit or a malfunction with your equipment occurs, causing the game to pause or reset during a match within the first 5 secs, the match WILL be restarted. However if after that point then your opponent will have the opportunity to take the 1st win or reset the match, advantage or not.

Specific game rules:

Super Street Fighter 4 (360)

• Default game settings
  • 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games, Losers/Winners/Grand finals will be 3/5 games.
    -Winner stays same character (may change ultra), loser may change character/ultra

2v2 only rules:
Waseda style (A vs A, B vs B, A vs B)
Each team must stick with the same characters throughout the tournament
Double elimination if time permits

Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
-Almost anything goes! No glitches that let you stall forever though.
-Best 2/3 games, Losers/Winners?Grand will be 3 of 5.

Tekken 6 (ps3)

• Default game settings
  • 3/5 rounds, 2/3 games, Losers/Winners finals will be 3/5 games, Grand finals will be 4/7 games.
  • Stage is chosen randomly, Loser does not get a stage counterpick. If both players can agree on a certain stage, they may choose it.

Blazblue: Continuum Shift (ps3 or 360, probably both)
-99 second timer
-Best 3/5 rounds
-No Unlimited Characters allowed
-DLC characters allowed

UCSC Seeding:

For every game involved in UCSC that you host at your own tournaments, there will be awarded one battle/seed point for every 8 players in the tournament. The battle/seed points are added up as long as it is within the same game.

See here for more info: http://shoryuken.com/f7/upper-cut-southern-championship-dallas-tx-may-7th-8th-$1000-bonus-ssf4-260281/#post9985942

Wait a minute, wasn’t there already a thread for this?

I’m guessing it will be AE by then, I’ll be there to defend my 4th place finish from last year. As long as we get the big room instead of the MTG dudes I’ll be happy. :lol:

wtf? how are you just going to take over all my plans Kyle? my date. my venue. I’m planning the events for this, sorry. This will not be Revolucion! 2011

edit: talked to Kyle

Everything is cool, but there will be no blazblue :smiley:

ill be running Tekken and Marvel

Revolucion 2011 is being pushed back to either February 19th.

you should advertise this on tekken board for more of a turnout

Tournament moved to February 19th.

Hey putos imma be up i this B

Let’s plan a night out:)

Sounds like a plan!

MvC3 :smile:

Will be there for Marvel 3.:nunchuck:

I vote yes on this as well!

Also, I know this may come off as an odd request, but anyway you can host Arcana Heart in there as some kind of side tournament? I’ve been hearing talk about an SA scene picking up over there for Arcana (don’t know how accurate this is). If this the case, I’d like to give my full support on this.

As always, it’ll be up to them to provide a setup for it. I’ll allow it.

You’ve surely met Chester aka OzShinji in the past, him and his friends tend to favor the more obscure fighters. Get at him if you want to raise some hype for it.

I’ll go ahead and update the OP with it.

Also, all main games are now $10, side events are $5.

I think I’m going to be going to this. I’m new to the scene and this would be my first tourney ever (yet I’ve seen so many livestreams). Should be fun, hyped for Marvel being in this also.

Get all the Valley up in here! I promise this will be big!

I hope this time, if we get the setup (like we did last time for Blaz), you will actually STAY TRUE TO YOUR WORD and not ignore the fact that you stated what I just quoted.

Just saying :slight_smile:

Which tournament of mine are you referring to? If it was last year’s Revolucion, then yeah, I apologize for that. It still got done though, albeit late. Without the monster that is Brawl this year, we should be able to use our resources better.

Let me bring my ps3 and tv setup for marvel, Ill let someone use my arcade stick since ill be using pad. There’s no difference. Plus im winning marvel, i want my moneyz

I imagine we will have room. But Alamo Gaming is looking at some converters (Ps2 to 360 and PS3 to 360).

Ok, so I can bring my setup? lol

Since yall are looking into converters, my setup can be used for SSF4 also. I have SSF4, MvC2, SSF2HDR, Tekken 6 and soon to be MvC 3.