Alex vs Chun = Impossible?

alex

I just recently encountered this chun player that was, i admit it, real good. Anyway, i discovered that her HP is a sick poke that beats out almost anything.
So is this matchup near impossible or does Alex still have a chance against the fast Chun?

Yes.

filler.

Chun li is very hard for alex.She beats you in the air and on the ground.She can out jump you and out poke you :sad:

The best thing ive noticed is to play defensive.If you try to rush you’ll eat so many S.fierces and C.shorts into sa2 that you’ll be sick.

If your good at parring go for it but if not turtle up.Find holes in her poke strings and punish her with stomps and ex shoulders.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Scrub.

no ex shoulders when chun got a bar full.
you mean,cr.froward…

Get Her To The Corner
Shes Dead Once Shes There
Sent Vs Cable Like Match
But The Game Is Balanced
Give It A Shot, She Will Spread Her Legs In The Corner For Alex :slight_smile:

yea i gotta try to get in or get a knock down once ur close get as much damage off of her before she gets u off of her…

Depends on the players. I managed to beat a Chun user earlier today and a few days ago using SA1 Alex.

ex sbk on chun’s wake up would surely be a problem.
but uoh or meaty fierce will do.

Alex cannot beat Chun Li. EX Legs will blow him to the other side of the screen if he tries any wakeup bs. not only that, but Chun in the corner isnt that safe for Alex… Chun ANYWHERE = death for Alex. If you disagree, i will show you the light. come to BC.

Who the hell are you? Depending on the chun you may very well have to play defensivly… Chun is Alex’s worst match but it can be done.

Alex was/is my best character, but I’ve recently switched over to Chun. I’ve played this match many times with Alex, and this is a very very hard match for Alex. It’s not impossible, but it is very hard.

Alex’s goal is to take off as much energy off Chun before she gets stock.
Alex has a few good means of doing so, with one of the better jumpins in the game, and he has his EX elbow slash, with is good to use against Chun when she doens’t have bar. Alex also has a good dash, but unfortunately it is almost completely shut down due to the fact that Chun will destroy him with pokes if he dashes. So Alex is forced to walk in, and Chun has the advantage there as well, with a poke game, much higher priority, faster pokes, longer range, and Alex’s lack of ablity to punish Chun even if he parries her pokes from 2 char lengths away.

This leads to Alex trying to jump in, or use EX Elbow. EX elbow slash is good, but Chun will charge bar faster than Alex, and also a well timed dwn MK or Bk HP will stuff EX elbow. Also, if the chun player knows that, Alex will get parried.

Jump ins. Alex has great jump ins, but Chun li has a very strong and SAFE anti-jumpin game. Alex normally will jump in with HP. This will beat out almost all of Chun’s anti-airs, BUT Chun played right, should give herself distance so that the jump HP is useless, and it usually is.

Chun herself can use:
Stand LP
Stand HK
Bk HP
Dwn MK
Jump straight up HK
EX Spinning bird
forward flip jump HP, HP
Air throw
Parry
Dash back
Block
All to stop Alex’s jump ins, and the risk is higher for Alex.
Also, Chun has one of the lowest crouches in the game, so if she simply crouches correctly, and Alex presses HP a bit too early, the jump HP whiffs. Chun’s low crouch also makes Alex’s EX Flash chops and Stand HP weaker (hitbox wise, not damage wise)

So a sure jumpin (Chun has a harder time crouching) with Alex is his jump LK or LP, which in turn, is vastly overprioritized by Chun’s Bk HP as anti-air.

The odds are stacked against Alex already, and with Chun being a relatively faster and more mobile character, it makes it hard to get Alex’s pressure game on.
If the Chun player dashes back and controls ground well, Alex won’t even be able to jump in at the correct distance. Chun can fight outside of the range Alex can, and again, it is hard for Alex to get in.

On the ground, Alex can try to poke Chun with his down MP, Stand MK, twd MP, but Chun’s hard attacks with neutral/Bk HP, dwn MK, and Dwn HK are all fast enough to beat out Alex’s medium pokes.

And this is all BEFORE Chun gets stock.

When Chun gets her #2, Alex cannot use EX elbow or EX Stomp anymore, because even if Chun blocks them, the recovery is bad enough for Alex to get hit by #2
Also, for added risk to Alex, a incorrectly timed jumpin with HP, can lead to dwn MK into 2.

It is true that Alex CAN take off a lot of energy off Chun when she is downed in the corner, but it’s MUCH MUCH easier said than done. Even without stock, Chun’s EX Spinning bird is a very good wakeup.

Very hard match.
Good luck.

Vincent, that was too long of a post just to say that Alex cant win.

Alex has no tools to beat Chunli… This is a horrible matchup.

in response to the hardcore kid from Cali who said “Who the hell are you?”, I’m Galactus bitch.

that hardcore kid from cali is my boy. u talk a lot of shit to scrubs. how about my alex owns your chun in my sleep, than you shutup forever.

someone asked a legitimate question, how do you beat chun with alex, but since you are the buggsy around here, you wolf off on other people trying to give advice. so how about seriously, my alex vs your chun, impossible your chun can win

Show me the light, 5 star.

i’m down.

you close your eyes and play Alex vs my chun. thats what you said right? wouldnt want 5 star to back down.

you gotta laugh when someone says “she’ll make you eat c.shortsXXSAII”… espicially when they’ve called you an idiot, etc, in another thread.

Alex cant beat Chun, and you cant beat me in your sleep, AKA eyes closed. but i accept that challenge.

never gunna happen tho.

you’re “boy” started shit first… count on me to retaliate when provoked.

good attempt on backing up your brother in need, when he’s talked shit… but wouldnt it be better if you let him fight his own battles? I figure he’s pretty new to the game, so when he sees me reply to his provoking post, he gets all shit scared, and calls up his buddy 5 star, who’s known to be good.

5 Star comes in, and totally makes an unbelievable, and IMPOSSIBLE challenge, to totally act 'core as hell, to back up his little buddy. It’s quite a heartwarming story. almost woulda brought a tear to my eye… if i was gay.

Impossible for my chun to win? hah… next time, dont make stupid challenges.

in my sleep is a metaphor for its too easy. sorry for not making that clear

and my boy can probably beat your best character :smiley:

yeah? then why did you come in to protect him?

let him challenge me.

I’m still down for your challenge for me tho.

Wow, thread’s gone to shit already.

it became shit after the second post.

I answered his question, and people insisted that Alex couldnt beat Chunli, but with longer posts.

Are they still ignorant to the factor of how good the player is?