Alpha 3: Q & A

Damn my too-subtle-to-be-noticed humour. :confused:

Me too. :expressionless:

I concur sir.

But seriously, Mouko was talking about a collaboration years ago and then never got back to me. I feel so small. :frowning:

yeah… i suck at photoshop though =(

EDIT: google is useful

Something great has happened. love:lovin:

take a quick look to find out! =)

Yeah. I wanted to do a huge site on a3 but ended up scrapping it after I started moving around and couldn’t balance my time out.

It’s been a while, but since anthologies has come out and I’ve taken a year off from school (starting now) I’ve decided to get back into it as a hobby. I’ve forgotten a lot of things sadly, however I’m gonna try to catch up again.

new vids up @ a-cho.

did I see guy do the ff chain elbow, then s.rh with no ff chain?

when you interrupt the bushin chain before it finishes, your next fierce will be the bushin chain fierce…

What I wanna know is how the AI Guy does bushin chain fierce cancelled into another bushin chain fierce. :looney:

Probably 2000-2002.

Poor Cody.
VER needs to go back to his old way of setting up the infinite. This new way seems iffy.

It’s not VER playing on those vids, it’s eipachi cody.

You noticed that too? I always wondered if it was possible to be done by human players

And taunts…

Is that use player 2 cannot setup the infinites at the corner?I have try V-Ryu to setup the infinites at player 1,it is no problem.(After red fire ball,crouch MP(shadow hit)then start the infinites by Jump Up-Forward MP.But when I try to setup this with player 2,it’s alway no luck.I only can hit first j.MP,the second one will lost,and I will automatic change my position to other side.I also have try vertical jump LK,or MK,but it’s seem like very hard to keep more.(Only 5 or 6 hits)Any expert here can tell me why?I’m a newbie on “infinites and crouch cancelling”

Thank you very much

Correct, 2P Ryu can’t do the infinite, though he has some fancy combos he can do.

There’s also a midscreen crossup infinite he can do using j.MP and j.MK. Probably worth learning since it could mean the end of the round via midscreen setup, which is one of Ryu’s weak areas.

Thanks TS & Xenozip for the info.I will try it.And another question for me,I had saw somebody use the X-Ryu to do the chain like this.( back)S.sp->S.hp(2 hits)-> then super combo.)The hits are chain.I have try it at home(PS2)but no luck.Can tell me how to do that?Is that have relationship between the “Kara Cancelling”??

Thanks for the help.

No, that’s the CPS chain, it’s existed since SFII and still survives for X-Ism characters is SFA3. To tell you a little bit about it, in one of the SFII games it was found that it was possible to cancel rapid fire attacks into standing fierce or even jumping attacks. This is still possible in X-Ism; to do it you have to cancel crouching short, which is a rapid fire attack, by pressing both short and fierce at the same time. No one’s really sure why it works like that, it just does.

At least I think that’s what you’re talking about; it sounded like it…

Yes, close s.jab -> toward + fierce is a CPS chain. In this case you press jab and then toward + short + fierce.

Toward + fierce -> c.forward is a link.

Many thanks Demon Dash & Buttermaker,now I can do it.But I disappointed to see the super combo damage is very low.So,I think this is not really useful and only the chain of the hits become more…And last msg I have talk abt the "Kara Cancelling"Can tell me what is this?How it work and how useful of it?I’d have saw
Xenozip vids to do special move call “Kara Throw” with V-Zengief and R-Mika.The throw range is very far.Can I know how to do this?Even I have try 360 degree SPD,but the throw range also not far like Xenozip did.Hopefully can know how to do it.I think this is useful.

Thank You Very Much

Pls help the newbie like me…