Ambiguous cross-up set up

adon

Can you guys give me some advice/tips on how to set up an ambiguous cross-up off a back throw (and more if you have it!)? I’ve seen GamerBee (to name one), take a small step back, sometimes I’ve seen a normal thrown in too, before he goes for the set up. I’ve tried to do this myself, but the opponent guesses right 90% of the time, lol. Maybe - no, obviously I’m not doing it right and it’s WAY too obvious.<div><br></div><div>I have experimented a little and the only ‘consistent’ set up I have come up with is:</div><div><br></div><div>Back throw > crLP > jfMK - crosses up</div><div>Back throw > crMP > jfMK - does not cross up</div><div><br></div><div>Now, this is great in that it seems to work perfectly everytime (very limited testing so far though), BUT and this is a big but, if the opponent knows what to look for/reads this post (lol)/is observant, then what I’m going to do next is a clear as day. So, any tips? Or am I just overthinking this?</div>

What I heard Gamerbee talk about when he analyzed one of his matches was that he jumps from the same distance every time, but if he presses the button early it won’t cross up, and if he presses it later it will. That’s much more difficult to react to.

Aaaah! I thought I had figured out something like that, but I couldn’t do it consistently so just put it down to poor execution. Will look into it again!<div><br></div><div>Any chance you have a link to the video? I’d be interested in hearing him analyse his matches.</div>

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po0pWQBrdpQ</span></font><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>He starts talking about the j.MK stuff at like 6:00~</span></font></div>

Man this is hard to pull off.