Anime Expo 2007 Tourney 07/01/2007 - Aksys Sponsored

This post was taken from dustloop, the aksys rep wasn’t able to register here for some reason. This is a Guilty Gear AC tournament. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3057

Hi everyone!

Now that we’ve finally announced the game, we can announce this tourney we’re holding at Anime Expo. Please be aware that this ISN’T the same one that the AX staff is hosting on Saturday, so you can go enter that one too.

Entry Fee: None
Tournament Date: Sunday, July 1, 2007 (1 PM ? 5 PM)

Format:
Depending on the number of registrants, it will likely be one of the following:

* Singles, Double Elimination, 3/5 Rounds, 1 Match
* Singles, Double Elimination, 2/3 Rounds, 1 Match
* Singles, Single Elimination, 3/5 Rounds, 1 Match
* Singles, Single Elimination, 2/3 Rounds, 1 Match

Rules:

* Game version: Japanese PlayStation2
* Use of GG, GGX, EX, Gold and Shadow characters are not allowed in tournament play.
* Each player in the tournament must stick with their character of choice for the entire duration of the tournament.
* At the beginning of a match, the winner of a dice roll chooses which side they want to play on (P1 or P2).
* All macros available via the in-game controller configuration menu are allowed.
* Hardware macros, rapid-fire or other hardware assisted mechanisms are strictly forbidden.
* Accidentally pausing the game at any time during the fight may force you to forfeit the round (solely at your opponent?s discretion).
* PS2 controllers are provided, but you may bring your own, including sticks and converters. You are responsible for your own equipment.
* Wireless controllers are strictly forbidden.

Prizes:
I don’t have a complete list, but I will say that the Top 3 in this tournament will get some very nice prizes.

If any of you have questions, I’ll do my best to answer them. I’ll edit this post as more information becomes available. See you guys at AX!

Good shit. Hope to see the usual crew.