Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017

I feel like the show did OK for the most part even if it dragged on a bit too long. Unfortunately it completely shit the bed with how it ended. I watched the entire season and I wouldn’t watch a second.

Better than Fire Emblem: Fates translation. rim shot

Should’ve watched that way earlier.
Someone of you wise sages please make a 10h version for me. Pretty please.

Remember when Fire Emblem wasn’t about waifus

Anime ruined video games. What’s next?

Fire Emblem: Scourge of the Waifus

TFW when '16ers won’t ever get to know the true waifus

Children hush.

I really need to get a 3ds…

Geezer alert

Waifu was invented sometime during the mid 2000’s.
Saying they existed earlier is revisionist history.
And it is glorious.

I want to make an anime where a character’s age is expressed as the stylistic era.
Really old characters would be in an 80’s big hair and little beady eyes.
Adult characters in the gritty 90’s style.
Young adults in the slightly awkward early moe stylem of the early 2000’s.
Teens as contemporary kyoani style
Children as cg.

Boy. Mai’s ass was the real mvp in that episode.
What has Yume’s ass ever done? Just sit there?
Yeah, that’s what I thought.

So, uh, Dragon Head.

I can’t think of much else to compare it to but it’s a good story, a real classic, about the end of at least a part of the world. That and human nature. Some action, some horror, some light romance, and a lot of psychological stuff. “Despair” is the word here, though “determination” is as well I guess. Pretty dark and gritty at times but not a constant downer(IMO).

I really liked the art style to this, really felt late 90’s - early 2000’s to me in a very specific way.

Dragon Head was good for me for the first two volumes. I didn’t quite like how the plot didn’t really go anywhere.

Mai a shit. Yume best waifu

The plot went exactly where it said it was going, and when it got there it ended. Which is pretty normal. Honestly the first two volumes had the least amount of plot movement.

I know a lot of people don’t like how some things were left up in the air, or how it was merely a series about surviving and how people react to catastrophe, but I feel like that’s kind of the point.

So got my No-Rin on bluray today (along with Hayate no Gotoku season 2, as well as Angel Blade and Nurse me). And, it got me wondering… Is it really too much to ask for 5.1 Japanese Audio? Obviously 5.1 isn’t beyond you since 5.1 English audio is available. Not that I understand why anybody would use it, but still…

I bet the Japanese blu rays are in 5.1 (and admittedly, much more expensive) but you’d think they’d be pushing for the value added proposition on blu ray, since they offer, through their own streaming service, access to the show for less (No Rin became entirely available the day the blurays came out).

Is licensing it that expensive? Is it a technical issue? There has got to be enough space on the bluray for an extra audio track. Especially since they usually put 9 episodes on one disc and 3 on the other (which i always found goofy, why not just go 6 and 6? or 7 and 6 or whatever? There is no way the 20 minutes of commercials and “special features” is taking up all that extra space).

Don’t be mad you have trash Waifu game.

1. Magnum-chan is best girl.

Is that one of the peripherals for the new persona game?

Glock-Sama has the best moving accuracy. :coffee:

…You do know there is an actual anime about girls who are literal guns right?
Upotte? Follows the class of the 5.56 caliber assault rifles?
The older high school girls are 7.62 battle rifles and the elementary school girls are 9mm pistol cartridges.
It was decent. Shame there was no nudity until the OVA special.

I’m not sure if that sounds more or less dumb than Akikan…