Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017

https://youtu.be/W4GSi8GZIMk?list=PLofBPUcPTXujX133sB3H-XwqCTNQTomaB

man speaking of butts I was pretty indifferent to most of what I’m watching this season but this episode of phantom world really spoke to me.

Spoiler

https://i.gyazo.com/a0ea3a0b6ccbd6293d278cf7512f7ccb.png

I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir given how many KOF players there are in these forums, but any of you guys serious Saint Seiya heads? I finally had a chance to check it out after a decade of curiosity back in 2014 and I’ve been hooked ever since. For me I’m a main series purist, though: most of the spinoffs didn’t hold my interest. Kind of surprised Toei hasn’t put forward a Tokusatsu version of it after all of these years, the level of success it’s had and how well-received the Sailor Moon Tokusatsu was when they put that on screen.

Have you ever felt your cosmos?

Not gon lie.

I would like to crawl up that Zentradi booty like a hamster.

just finished watching an older anime called Mars Daybreak, back when BONES was on fire. it was filled with the essence of BONES, while it was meh, i loved it anyways.

speaking of BONES, my favorite studio. they have been called upon to produce the new Full metal panic. im pretty sure none of us were actually holding our breath expecting kyoani to do it.

from the website it looks like the original creator and illustrator are on the staff for this. so far so good.

Hang on isn’t the only regular named zentradi in Frontier the one who turns into a loli in her human sized form?

Ah…

Klan-Klan was godlike. Too bad she turned into a loli when shrunk down to human size… Losing them curves was such a crime.

Just picked up Deadman Wonderland.

Gosh this manga is a real fucking doozy.

http://i.imgur.com/JxFqmDA.jpg?1

So far this manga seems to love those 0-100 real quick moments.

Shoutouts to the first minor antagonist for literally being Balrog from Street Fighter, but in Super Jail.

Gate 20:

Spoiler

I am pretty sure they are going to completely miss the pedophile angle. Like, even his vice secretary was kind of suggesting that he should have chosen love over cold diplomacy. Then he risks pulling the country into a bloody and drawn out war because he is going to marry that girl? I mean, I really don’t think he did it for moral reasons. If he was just concerned for her safety…he didn’t have to hug her, and then hold her like that. Hell, he could have been like “Stop! I have approved that girl’s request for asylum!” and you know…not risk political suicide by committing to marry a girl who hasn’t had her first period yet.
I figure its just going to be another example of showing how great Japan is, because they wait until they are 16 until they diddle kids.

Rewatched Ladies Vs Butlers.
Man, that was a great show. There was some surprisingly nice cinematography here and there. And Flameheart was a surprisingly endearing character. I think it is because her straight faced, honest and animated character contrasts so nicely with Tomomi’s cold, calculating evil. It is also kind of odd to see a drill haired girl be one of the “main” girls in the running, and not a disposable side character used only for the summer home or whatever. It’s kind of a shame too, since they do look stupid, and she looks much, much better in the few scenes where her hair is down.
The subs on this Anime Works (what? they and media blasters are still around?) blu ray are pretty spotty. I mean, most of the time its fine, but occasionally you get really, really poor translations that don’t even make sense, like, they had two translators and one of them, English was a second language. It’s most notable in the first and last episodes.
Also, didn’t include the legendary specials, which is a crying shame. Those were revolutionary.

We did it Manato. We’ve become a good party.

Magic tits isn’t wearing any panties either.

Man, that latest episode of Gundam.

[details=Spoiler]Foreshadowing Biscuit’s death was too obvious the minute Orga told him they’ll talk after they leave the island. It was reinforced when that other lady told him he has all the time to tell him.

I super hate it when animes do that shit. The foreshadowing techniques used are so obvious and it ends up removing any tension from the episode. You have to at least give it a few episodes before you kill said character rather than doing it in the same episode. At least mix it up a little instead of being too obvious about it.[/details]

TOWER OF GOD YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YURI IS THE FUCKING BEST

First she gets her DBZ on against the Ancient Observer

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/iMIF6X0.png

http://i.imgur.com/LFafkO3.png

Dude thought he was slick with the poison, SHE SAW THROUGH ALL DAT.

THEN

[details=Spoiler]

http://i.imgur.com/iSATXKV.png

SHE LITERALLY BROKE THIS DUDES ARM AND NECK WITH ONE PUNCH?!?! YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/details]

Dude really though he could block that shit lol. Princesses of Jahad are on another level. Now it’s time for Baam to school White.

Saint Seiya is HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE on latin america, only rivailed by DB/DBZ
You can bet your ass that i am a fucking fan of it.
Outside all the spinoffs i have tio say that Lost Canvas is my favorite.
The only thing that i liked of Omega was that Ikki’s badassery was outrigt stated on it, not that anyone who is paying attention wouldn’t know.

Fuck why did I click that gundam spoiler…almost as bad as that cheap ass tower of god shit…can you even tell what is going on in those pictures? Dude looks like he just sneezed a bunch of speed lines onto his monitor and called it a day…

@Hecatom don’t they have a lost canvas anime or am I tripping?

no but for realz that tower of god look bootleg as fuck get that shit outta here lol…nigga need to study some old school marvel comics to properly display his action and work on the stances and poses of his characters…that shit is awful.

Lost Canvas manga is pretty tight. Saint Seiya - Sanctuary had some badass moments. Chikyuugi da bes

This poster has just ascended to Ken level status in the SRK animu thread.

Congratulations.

Ok I like grimgar now. Dat Yume ass too good.

Anyone watching Schwarzesmarken? How is it so far? Only seen ep 1.