Another "pick my character" thread

I don’t know if I’m allowed to make this thread here, but here goes. I’ve been playing SSFIV for a while now and I’ve tried all characters but still can’t find “the one”. So I’m gonna list some details and anyone who is kind enough (or has nothing better to do) could recommend me a character. I play on a controller (X360 & PS3) by the way.<div><br></div><div>Strengths:</div><div>OK execution</div><div>Consistent with inputs and moves</div><div>Good variation - use all moves and target combos in a character’s arsenal</div><div>Not too predictable</div><div>Can read opponents very well</div><div>Play best at mid-range</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Weaknesses:</div><div>Horrible at rushdown (i.e. bad vortex)</div><div>Too cautious</div><div>Easily get hit by cross-ups</div><div>Bad timing with jumps</div><div>CANNOT beat Bison players (even 400 PP ones) with any character</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Characters I play best with (in order):</div><div>E.Honda</div><div>Guile</div><div>Cammy</div><div>Akuma</div><div>Ryu</div><div>Zangief</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Characters I’m terrible with:</div><div>Dhalsim</div><div>El Fuerte</div><div>Gen</div><div>Vega</div><div>Cody</div><div>Makoto</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Characters I’ve cleared all trials for:</div><div>Cammy</div><div>Akuma</div><div>T.Hawk</div><div>Hakan</div><div>Dudley</div><div>Blanka</div><div>Gouken (23/24)</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>I hope that’s enough information to go by. Thanks for taking the time to read & reply. Sorry for long post.</div><div><br></div>

Pretty sure you’re not allowed pick my character threads period. 

As it should be…it just reeks of laziness.

Well, my question would be: from those character you are most confortable with (honda, guile, akuma, cammy, ryu and zangief), which one do you like the most ? <br>Pick that one. If you want my oppinion, pick Honda - you are the most comfortable with, and he is a great character :wink: (also my main). Online is also full of ryus, cammys and akumas, while honda is barely played. So, my take - stick with Sumo.<br>

@Emanuelb Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGh4ZU4H5Hk<br>Just follow this advice.<br>

Another closed thread<br>