Another Tier Question *sigh*

I think that it isn’t hard to put every character in there tier group on the 3s tier list (High, High-Mid, Mid, Low-Mid, Low). But I got some questions to be more specific.

(Whos Higher Tier?)
High Tier:
Yun
Ken
Chun-Li

(Whos Higher Tier?)
High-Mid Tier:
Makoto
Urien
Dudley

(Whos Higher Tier?)
Mid Tier:
Gouki
Yang
Necro
Ryu

(Whos Higher Tier?)
Low-Mid Tier:
Alex
Ibuki
Hugo
Elena
Remy

(Whos Higher Tier?)
Low Tier:
Sean
Q
Twelve

(And Finally, Where does Oro Belong on the list?)

where Necro is

You should know better than to make a new tier thread, 2003-registration-guy. The search function is your friend. That said, here’s my opinion, in order, for no reason!

Top:
Genei Jin
Chun
Ken

High:
Makoto
Dudley
Urien
Yang

Mid:
Oro
Ryu
Gouki
Elena

Low:
Necro
Remy
Ibuki
Alex
Hugo

Bottom:
Twelve
Q
Sean

(That’s right, I’ve changed my mind: I now think Q is better than Sean)

after yun, ken, chun, makoto, urien, dudley the rest dont even matter, the are just filler.

Its glad to see that you put Yun on the TOP. I guess Im not the only one that believes Geneni-Jin beats EVERYTHING!
I am surprised to see you put Remy above Ibuki/Alex, and Nerco below Elena. Explain?
And you said you changed your mind about Sean :rofl: , thats odd to. Even though he sucks, he still has good Normals (S.Frc, Sc.Frc, S.Fwd, Sc.Rdh, T.Frc, T.Rdh, Cr.Fwd), Cr.Fwd xx SAI, and the Shotos throw…

I don’t see how everyone is Ranking Alex so low. For the love of all things 3S someone please explain this.

Personally I find him better than Akuma and Yang. He can take and dish out damage and has odd juggle properties.

He has very few ways to reliably do damage, lacks a low-hitting combo starter and no safe setups.

Few ways? I dunno about that. I Concede the low hit point though.

His ex moves do BOSS damage. He has a quick realiabe anti-air, can tick throw for beastly damage, constantly has bar, and has a good wakeup game.

Set-ups is one thing I don’t know very well considering I don’t play alex and do not oppose one regularly.

Still though… Mayhaps you are right.

He does have a varification combo though (Cr.Jab, Cr.Jab, Boomrang Rade). Alex to me beats everyone in his catagory of tier.

c.jap can be parry low or high

It’s still a varification combo, yet its no Cr.Sht, Cr.Sht, Shinnpu

His EX-moves are decent, granted, but again, he must rely on parries or random shit to connect. His wake-up game is hampered by not being able to do decent damage from low-hitting moves unlike Akuma and Yang who both have hit-confirming setups. The rest is pretty solid … but I find these things to hold him back.

My 2 cents.

Since I’m drunk, suuuuuuuuure. I put Remy above Ibuki and Alex because I think he’s better, frankly. I like his mindgames a lot, I think he controls space better than Ibuki and Alex, I think he zones out certain characters very well, he does more damage than Ibuki, and he gets owned by fewer characters than Alex does. I put Elena above Necro because of how much damage she can deal. She’s called Chun Light for a reason, after all. Crouching strong xx Brave Dance does a whole lot of damage, and it’s pretty easy to late-cancel it. I like her mixups, I like her mean combos, I like her anti-throw moves, I like the fact that she can totally own up part of the cast, and I like the fact that she wears virtually nothing. I think Necro is a good character too, though. Keep in mind, past the top 3 or 4, the differences between the characters are definitely minimal.

About Sean, yeah, he has fine normals. The only problem is, every other character in the game has usable normals too. Standing forward and far standing fierce can stuff things, but they’re no better at doing so than the things nearly every other character has. Toward + fierce is ok, but it’s not like you can link from it or anything, the damage isn’t anything to write home about, and it doesn’t set up many other things. Crouching forward, crouching short, and standing roundhouse are really nice, but hey, most other characters have ways to hit confirm to super using low and mid normals too. Most other characters are less dependent on super to deal damage (Sean can’t do much damage without it, and yet, since his specials blow and he can’t combo well, he doesn’t build meter easily), too. True, Sean has a great dash, good throw games, and confirmable normals, but those things just make him playable, not good. Q, on the other hand, can easily deal huge damage, has good mindgames, can cover distance quickly and safely, has good specials, and has very damaging supers. It’s not like either Q or Sean is a good character, they’re both kinda crappy, but on the scale of crappiness, Sean scores a little bit crappier.

Thanks though. I just wanted to see what made you choose thoughs so I had a better Idea of why.

Tier, who cares? It’s all about the player. Kuroda’s Q for example.

Indeed. I noted this last time I finished off a tier discussion. Your right, but It does play a part.

Why is dudley mid-tier? He can throw in mix-ups with the best of them, can be played defensively or aggressively, does great damage, great juggles, etc… He’s better than ken just harder to play.

the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. dudley just lacks something that makes his overall game not as good as the top 4. (no crossup, low poke into super etc.)

Dudley is generally considered super high-mid tier. Like not up with Yun, Chun, Ken, but RIGHT below them. A solid mid-tier character would be a Ryu for example.

c.lk c.lk -> super?