Any way to control which games run on which monitor on my PC?

Right now I have my PC hooked up to my HDTV, but I’m going to soon be running a dual setup between it and a new monitor (mostly because I’m getting back into RTS games, and trying to play those on a 42" TV just bugs my eyes out bad), but was wondering if there was a way I could set up a command or something to control which screen that particular game ran on. For example, I’d want my RTS games to go to the PC monitor, but I’d like SF4, Lost Planet, and a few other games I have on PC to go to the HDTV.

I’m running an ATI Radeon 4890 card.

I think the easiest way would be to add a shortcut to a profile where you swap between the two screens. Should take about a second to press :slight_smile: I no longer have ati, but I remember the ability of quickly swapping between profiles, and that you could set up shortcuts for these.

I never saw a way to automatically do this, so I kind of doubt that it exists. But hey… everything is possible.

i use the program ultramon, for dual monitors and i have a shortcut that i use to switch which monitor the selected program is on. i dont know how it works for full screen games though.

Get Ultramon. You can assign a display to any program in the properties window (and if it should start maximized, minimized etc). You just have to re-install it every now and then if the trial runs out :slight_smile: or just buy it - it’s really worth it.

Cool, just picked up this monitor:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236051

Along with a 15ft HDMI cable so it can reach my PC (mouse and keyboard are wireless) next to the TV. Should be nice. And I’ll definitely check out Ultramon once I get the monitor.

Sorry dont know for ATI.

But with Nvidia card. u can use the Nvidia Control Center.