Anyone here have experience with softmodded Wii's + Running games of HDD?

I’m trying to get my Wii HDD to only have a WBFS partition instead of the whole thing, but I can’t find a clear answer anywhere, I’ve tried asking at a forum dedicated to this, but no one has answered me, and I tried for over a month. Can anyone here point me in the direction of a tutorial?

Before you ask I am just using the HDD to play backups of my games. I have a large collection of Wii games and I love being able to switch games without swapping discs

Clear answers require clear questions. I don’t understand the difference between ‘only have a WBFS partition’ and ‘the whole thing’.

Sorry. Everytime I make two partitions on my external HDD, one WBFS and one NTFS, my Wii will not recognize the WBFS partition. Is there anyway to remedy this?

Sorry, no idea. Mines one big WBFS.

Well thanks for responding. You’re the first out of all the people I’ve asked.

hiya Nogood56er , have you tried going to Wiihacks Forum for some advice ? they are the masters of Wii.

s8n

I do the same with my legit Wii games. As long as we stay within that guideline I fancy myself pretty knowledgeable with the Wii.

My recommendation is for FAT32 rather than having multiple partitions on the drive. You can also use NTFS but you won’t be able to rip your games to it. That was more hassle than I was up for. You will need a utility to format the drive. I like the one from HP. It was the most reliable out of what I tried.

HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - v2.1.8 Download - EXTREME Overclocking

Once you have the drive formatted Configurable USB Loader is the way to go. It is the most reliable game ripping/loading program.

Configurable USB Loader - GBAtemp.net

I also use ‘Crap’ to make channels. This way the games show up on the actual Wii menu, fully animated, as if they were in the disk drive.

Crap, easy to use channel creator - GBAtemp.net