Anyone here switch from arcade stick to Hitbox?

seth

#1

I occasionally have some execution problems:

  1. Jump back into fireball -> command grab
  2. Teleport -> DP
  3. Ultra 1 -> EX DP or teleport
  4. Command grab -> tandem

I recently learned about Hitboxes and immediately thought that it would be beneficial for Seth users, as it’s more accurate than a stick when it comes to directional inputs.

I played around a bit with my keyboard with Spacebar as Up, and it definitely seems to address all of the problems I listed. The only issue I have is that command grab seems a bit harder (back, down, forward, down, up) but I’m thinking it might be easier with practice.

Anyone here have any experience with a hitbox? Going to build one soon unless someone can convince me otherwise.


#2

I don’t use a hitbox, but I’m pretty sure what you’re doing wrong.

  1. You’re probably holding :ub: too long and inputting something like this :ub::b::d::df::f: which gives SPD instead of fireball. Release :ub: as soon as you jump.
  2. You’re not pushing all 3 :p: at the same time, or you’re negative-edging.
  3. You aren’t finishing the ultra motion with :f:or you’re negative edging. Let go of :d: and be sure that you aren’t in recovery before hitting 3 :p:.
  4. You aren’t finishing the SPD motion with an :u: input. :ub::u: and :uf: all work.

#3

I’ve used the hitbox setup and i do spd’s wiht :u::r::db::d::qcf:

both downs are needed so that i assure i have the down inputted otherwise i get your problem inputting it


#4

I made myself a custom “hitbox” I’ve been having a bit of trouble with the SPD command as well. Usually what I do though is drum all the directional buttons in a frantic fashion and I get the SPD 99% of the time. The other 1% I get SRK. Another thing I’ve seen that works is holding down+back and tapping forward, jump, punch. My method works fine if I’ve blocked something, jumped in, FA etc., but I can’t really do standing SPDs.


#5

For keyboards, try Down, Back, Forward, Up while inputting it as two quarter circle motions.

In the end, you just have to find out what works best for you.

Myself, I play with pad, starting the input with down-forward, and ending with forward if I’m ticking into SPD. It’s odd but works for me :slight_smile:


#6

I’ve found a much a better way which is similar to what Xuenjing is saying. Tap forward, do a QCB, while still holding back press up+punch. Works. Every. Time. Obviously you can reverse this if you like since it doesn’t matter whether you go clockwise or counter-clockwise. I like to use 2 forward taps in the beginning to dash in, SPD, which makes it feel like you’re just dashing and doing a QCB. How could that be any simpler?