Anyone know anything about Vampire Savior 2?

I just started playing this game yesterday and it’s fuckin awesome! I hear it’s all the rage in japan.

Anyone know where I can get some info on it(in english)? The best I was able to find was an faq on the previous game, vampire savior. It helped explain some stuff, but I’m sure 2 has some goodies I dont know about.

Any ideas on character rankings? So far, from what I’ve observed, Phobos and Bishamon seem to be a bit on the overpowered side. Actually, every character does. But some guy’s Phobos had my Demitri cooked :frowning:

Anyway, if anyone wants to play some VS2 and you’ve got the whole mame/kawaks setup… hit me up on aim(they2jprblm) and ill send u the rom

thanks in advance for any help!!

-TGKY

raises hand

i’ll talk to you on AIM… easier that way :slight_smile:

VS2:
-has command move DF’s(HK says they can be canceled into, which is sweet)
-DF moves are like vism/CC mode, where if you’re hit, you get knocked out of DF mode
-there aren’t anymore air chains(which means no more jumping infinites, and jedah and lei lei have their playing field somewhat more to their advantage)

aside from these are different changes in the priorities of moves(or so I hear) and the three characters which get switched out.

teh tiers are a bit modded too… no sasquatch… morrigan moved up, cuz of the d+k = drill makes for nicer rushdwon

When i do DF mode, the back ground changes, but I don’t really notice any difference. Does it just make my moves stronger?

It should be different for some characters

demitri, felicia, pyron, donovan: gets a friend which adds an extra hit to extend combos

flies: jedah, qbee, phobos, anakaris, aubath
power movesets(they have one move that activates w/ every button): bbhood, lei lei, zabel, victor(I think he belongs here)
vism type shadows: morrigan, lilith, galleon, phobos

unclassifiable: bishamon(super armor I think),sasquatch(gets to do chains in dashes)

also, DF mode makes you deal and take strictly red damage

yeah but that stuff doesnt happen. maybe im unclear about df mode. isnt it when u hit a punch and kick at the same time?

now a possible explanation for me is that i always use lp + lk to do it. does using hp + hk make this stuff happen?

when i hit lp + lk it just makes the background change. no friends. however, i have seen those moves happen(where the friends come out etc)… but i dont know how i did it when i did them.

no, it’s because you’re playing vampire savior 2. all the dark force modes are just basically custom combo modes. it’s not like vampire savior one, in which every1 has their own unique dark force… morrigan’s owns :)…

to activate it… just lp+lk, mp+mk, or hp+hk… it’s pretty pointless in VS2, unless u wanna do some ghetto infinites. vampire savior 1’s darkforce mode is more fun, since you actually have to learn how to manipulate them… example… lei lei gets a ton of power, but she loses her iad and her specials. it’s not about comboage, but it’s about a pure all out attack, cuz ur faster, stronger, and you take damage alot better… and you have a light super armor. morrigan’s creates a mirror image, making her crossups confusing as fuck. felicia has a little friend come in to help her. sasquatch becomes a bad ass witha ton of power…etc… in VS2 they’re all teh same… comboing is a bit simpler… infinites are more apparent…

Hmm… I never noticed much difference in comboability, but that could be a personal problem lol

Can you give an example of a beefed up combo(even infinite) w/, like, Demitri or Lei Lei?

Characters I’m currently liking a lot: Demitri, LeiLei, Pyron, Morri, and normal Bishamon. Probably in that order.

Edit: oh yeah, anywhere I can find a move list? I have seen the moves that were formerly DF modes! I just dunno how i did em. lol

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/file/vampire_chronicle.txt

for demitri: ES drilll kick, ES projectile, ES batkick, chaincombo…

the ES drill kick is sweet likethat…

morrigan: [c.lp]xN
lol… thats the only one I can do

[c.mp, fireball]xN
-distance sensitive

I’m pretty sure pyron has an inf/semi inf thats similar to bbhoods lps/dashing lp

Here’s sum shit I can offer on VS2

Anakaris
Pharoah Split:LP, LP, down, MK, HK, (Dark Force, same motion as in Hunter)

B.B. Hood
Doll and Bomb: back, down, down-back + 2K

Demitri
Darkside Master:back, down, down-back + 2K
(dark force)

Donovan
Slay Shred:back, down, down-back + 2K
(dark force)

Jon Talbain (Gallon)
Mirage Body:back, down-back, down, down-foward, foward + 2K
(his dark force with the same motion as in Hunter)

Jedah
Blood Blast: forward, down-foward + P (dont have to be blocking to do this line in Savior 1)

Jeda:back, down, down-back + 2K (Dark Force)

Lilith
Mindless Doll: LP, LP, foward, MP, HP (can be done in air) (Dark Force)

Morrigan
Astral Vision:LP, LP, foward, MP, HP (can be done in air) (Dark Force, with the same motion back in Hunter)

Hutzil (Phobos)
Ray of Doom: down, foward, down-foward + 2P (Dark force)

Pyron
Shining Gemini: down, foward, down-foward + 2P (Dark force)

Q-Bee
Bee Flight: back, down, down-back + 2P (Dark Force)

Sasquatch
Big Register M.A.P.S. : back, down, down-back + 2K (Dark force)

Victor
Great Geldenheim: back, down-back, down, down-forward, forward + 2K (EX Move that was in Hunter but no in Savior 1)

Giga Brute:forward, down, down-forward + 2P (originally last seen in Vampire but with a new motion)

Lord Raptor (Zabel)
Ultimate Undead: back, down, down-back+ 2K (Dark Force)

Oboro Bishamon
hold start while highlighting Bishamon then press any button

Oboro Bishamon

Special Moves

Kienzan: forward, down, down-forward + P (can guard cancel)

Nukienzan: back, down-back, down, down-forward, forward + P

Kibi Tsukane: forward, down, down-forward + K

Oni Naburi: down, down-forward, forward, up-forward, up + P

Kirisute Gomen: When close to the opponent, 360 degree motion + MP/HP

Joudan Iaigiri: charge back for 2 secs, press forward + P

Gedan Iaigiri: charge back for 2 secs, press forward + K

ES MOVES

ES Kienzan: forward, down, down-forward + 2P (can guard cancel)

ES Nukienzan: back, down-back, down, down-forward, forward + 2P

ES Kibi Tsukane: forward, down, down-forward + 2K

ES Oni Naburi: down, down-forward, forward, up-forward, up + 2P

ES Kirisute Gomen: When close to the opponent, 360 degree motion + 2P

ES Joudan Iaigiri: charge back for 2 secs, press forward + 2P

ES Gedan Iaigiri: charge back for 2 secs, press forward + 2K

EX MOVES

Togakubi Sarashi: While down, down, down + 2P

Oni Kubi HineriP: forward, down-forward, down, down-back, back + 2P

Enmaishi:back, down-back, down, down-forward, forward + 2K

Kimen Kudaki: back, down, down-back + 2P