Anyone prefer vanilla thighs?

chun-li

I honestly think chun was better in vanilla

Her backdash, s.rh c.rh were probably the most important features she had

Had it not been nerfed, I was able to sweep incoming aerial attacks from all the shotos

If I was on wakeup options I could backdash away quickly and avoid pressure. And if let’s say I back dash away and see the opponent doing a move, I could punish with a sweep since her backdash and sweep was godlike fast. I loved the backdash and sweep

Her s.rh was able to zone out gief and sagat fairly, it was a great tool for far range footsies.

I don’t know, with the addition if kikosho is great in super but it doesn’t even work effectively well

I just miss vanilla chun.
She was more technical with stuff like dash ultra’ing the tiger shots and all that good stuff

When I played vanilla I was surely set, without any doubt that I would main chun but in super I’ve been having doubts.

maybe I’m just too used to vanilla… I mean I used to play that like 3-4 hours weekdays and 8 hrs on weekends. I reached g1 although it is no pro level it’s still pretty decent.

Anyone miss the good ole chun hosenka from vanilla?

I only like super chun li.
The new ultra is not only awesome and cool (when it hits it stays hitting forever, lol) but also easier to do.

I played chun li in every sf game, except sf4 because i was already too used to sf3 c.mk xx qcfx2 kk super motion, I couldn’t adapt (and i don’t want to) dash ultra when the ultra is d,f,d,f motion.

For me, the only Chun li i like to play is ssf4 chun li with ultra2, and i don’t care if ultra1 is better for some matchups, i’ll make my way with ultra2. I play for fun.

I only like super chun li.
The new ultra is not only awesome and cool (when it hits it stays hitting forever, lol) but also easier to do.

I played chun li in every sf game, except sf4 because i was already too used to sf3 c.mk xx qcfx2 kk super motion, I couldn’t adapt (and i don’t want to) dash ultra when the ultra is d,f,d,f motion.

For me, the only Chun li i like to play is ssf4 chun li with ultra2, and i don’t care if ultra1 is better for some matchups, i’ll make my way with ultra2. I play for fun.

I miss that vanilla damage mostly

The more and more I get in depth with Chun, the more and more I decide to use U1 in a lot of matchups. Why? Because in any matchup where Chun Li can easily control the arena, the more you realize that Ultra 1 is a viable option. You can be like “Oh! You can Ultra 2 anywhere on the screen!” However, if you’re playing Chun-Li correctly, you’ll most likely be playing the game within range of a corner for U1.

U1 just takes away so many options for almost the entire cast that it’s so goddamn useful. Only matches where the Ultra does not pose a threat, punish, or where you can’t control the space of a match (Mainly Rufus, Viper, etc), I like U1.

In that aspect, I sincerely see myself going back to vanilla tactics regarding Ultras. Actually, I play Chun almost exactly as Vanilla except for one thing:

d/f lk

I love you.

I don’t quite understand. Hosenka’s still here, and it can be used exactly as it was in Vanilla… unless you’re referring to its damage. If that’s the case, then yeah, but ultra damage was nerfed universally, so it’s not really bad.

[LIST]
[*]Her jab damage was nerfed by 10.
[/LIST]

[LIST]
[*] Her st.hk is one frame slower on startup now, and it has one fewer active frames. As a result though, it has 1 frame fewer disadvantage on block and hit. Altogether, Chun’s still coming out the same here.
[/LIST]

[LIST]
[*]Both her sweep and backdash are the same in both games.
[/LIST]

[LIST]
[*] Her df+lk actually has a use now. It’s a solid anti-air that she can combo off of. Significant buff.
[/LIST]

[LIST]
[*] She gained an ultra that she can land in more situations for guaranteed damage. It’s good for matchups where Chun is unlikely to land Hosenka. The ultra is there for you to choose to, but you don’t have to.
[/LIST]

I feel like I’m forgetting something, but that’s all I could think of off the top of my head. Chun damage is a bit lower in Super, but she’s overall a better character. She wasn’t changed nearly enough to negatively affect your vanilla style.

I prefer hosenka in super when done in the corner it keeps them in the corner rather than launch them out like it seemed to in vanila.

Exactly. The only thing that’s worth mentioning is the damage nerf.

She’s still the same technical Chun, so I don’t really see the point here. And why aren’t you able to dash U1 tiger shots? It’s still the exact same, and you will land it the same amounts as in vanilla since you don’t pick Kikosho for the Sagat matchup. And standing roundhouse hasn’t lost its properties because of one added frame. Stick to Chun, the changes aren’t drastical.

Backdash and sweep feel the same to me.

Chun is so much better in super.

Her sweep and backdash are exactly the same in Super as they were in Vanilla. If that’s your biggest complaint, sorry, but it doesn’t hold water. Chun is clearly better in Super than she was in Vanilla.

I’m not a big fan of the damage nerf on ex legs

I think people think Chun li is a better character in Super because everybody else had much severe nerfs than she did. I’m not sure which is better, sometimes I wish my EX legs did more and sometimes I’m glad I have a DF+LK anti air.

the only thing thats been taken is her damage that only got toned down a bit her pokes are better due to the improved hit boxes and hit detection i use ultra 1 regardless of character i fight im trying CR fierce Forward legs ultra and you can punish loads of normals with ultra one

Any of you guys notice this Nemo tactic where he pushes his opponent to the corner with kikoken from full screen and tries to dash ultra their neutral jumps when it will juggle in the corner? lol I am not sure if I have seen him succeed yet, but it looks interesting. He tends to try this when he is dying or when ultra chip will kill them.

Anti air ultra is a tactic I derived from that. I got a Honda with it once. He attempted to jump over a fireball late enough so that I was able to catch his jump with ultra I, and it ended up juggling him in the corner. So, yeah, anti-air ultra I in the corner.

i do remember he actually succeed, when he was playing online in one of the ksk´s streams…

Walnut: I use that tactic from time to time

With the talk of gameplay being changed in the arcade version i think there is a chance she could get her Vanilla power back.

chun is definitely better in super. u2 is by far the better ultra as it isnt very specific to the matchup, so you can flow with the fight instead of trying to dictate it, which often leads to helpless situations.

not to mention u1 drops or just pushes the other player across the screen most of the time. screw that. i only use it against honda, blanka, sagat, seth and t hawk. Even against Dhalsim i use u2 because if you out turtle him and take a life lead, they come to you, which opens a million opportunities.

if you have someone in the corner, you have way more opportunities to use u2 than u1.

I’d never go back to vanilla. Not because of chun, but because of the other characters and their bullshit.
Now when I lose it always feels like it’s my fault and I could have played better, or I got outsmarted.
In vanilla I lost (and I bet we all did) so many times after playing an overall better match than my opponent who just guessed right once and took away 60% of my life bar. And I hated the game everytime it happened.

I hated Chun-Li in Street Fighter IV and this is coming from a guy who has been using her in Street Fighter II at the age of 3.

Street Fighter Zero, Street Fighter III, Capcom VS., you name it. I was using her.

Whenever Street Fighter IV came out? I fucking hated her. I was completely heartbroken.

Once Super Street Fighter IV came out? I fell in love with her all over again and we became even stronger than ever.

:rofl:

I think it’s because I only played Street Fighter IV on the Xbox 360. :sweat: