[Apr 14, 2012] UMVC3/SFxT! Featuring Sanchaz... (Madison, Wisconsin.)

Date: Saturday, April 14th

Parking is a few blocks to the Southeast and is labeled “lot 91” at 115 N Frances Street

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ba…ed=0CDkQ8gEwAA

Prices: $5.00 venue fee (includes pizza!/drinks!) (I will pay the remaining amount for pizza if we run out.)
$2.00 or $5.00 Side events (Pokemon Puzzle League, Blitz 2000, Mario kart, and other possible events.)

GAMES WILL BE ON PS3!!!

Payout: 60/30/10 singles

If 30+ entrants,
1st- 55%
2nd – 25%
3rd- 10%
4th- 5%
5th- 2.5% each

Entrance fee for each game will be $5 except umvc3 is $10. (Might be bumped if we get more interest.)

Venue opens up at 11pm. I recommend coming by at noon.

Schedule (May change later in the week. This will be finalize on Friday)
SFxT- 1pm
Street fighter 4pm
Umvc3- 6pm
Smash- doubles- 12pm, singles 4pm.
Blitz/Mario/other side events- 7pm.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Rules:

-Default settings
-3 out of 5 matches.
-Loser may change characters/assists. Winner cannot change characters or assists (character lock).
Winner’s/loser’s/Grand will be best of 7.
-Both players may alter their order by holding A1 or A2 during loading.

SFxT Rules:

-Gems are banned
-None of the goofy ass characters. (megaman)
-2/3 Rounds, 2/3 games, 99 seconds.
-Winner’s/loser’s/Grand will BE BEST OF 5!!!

Street Fighter Rules:

• 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, 99 Seconds, No Handicap
    -If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.
    -Winner must keep the same character, but can select a new ultra in game 2 or 3, but has to pick the ultra before the opponent picks theirs. This does not apply to blind pick.

Mario Kart: Double Dash Rules:
-2/3 races, 3/5 finals, 1v1, items set to basic, 150 cc

• First race track is chosen at random; subsequent races loser picks track (Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect for best of 5), Mirror Mode tracks are counterpickable. Winner of previous match may ban one track. Winner of previous match may switch racers, then loser may switch racers.
    -Rock Paper Scissors for first character choice, then 1-2-1

Blitz 2000:

-Shit talk is accepted.
-Cheering for Sanchaz is encourage.
-Rooting against Sanchaz is banned.

Pokemon Puzzle league. (for peeps that want to challenge sanchaz)

-time trial (2:00) score base
-FT3

or

-Vs Mode
-FT3

-Shit talk is encouraged for both games.

Any questions, send me a message. I will edit this throughout the week until Friday.

CHICAGO 2016-2017 Thread: Welcome New Players, check out the Facebook Group page as its more active!
CHICAGO 2016-2017 Thread: Welcome New Players, check out the Facebook Group page as its more active!
Milwaukee: Too grimey for the rest of WI

you’re not running AE?

AE is good to go. I haven’t been able to get to a computer.

Wait so is this sat or sunday? Text and event say different things.

And blitz doubles? lol

For blue team.

who the fuck is “sanchaz”

how many scrubs are expected to show up in place like Madison?

I have a hitbox controller can I bring it or Is it banned

Saturday, fixed.

I’m pretty clear. Find a partner for blitz doubles, but you STILL won’t be able to take me down. Those polygon cheerleaders got my back.

umm, sure? I have to see it. As long as it doesn’t do stupid stuff.

Well, we got smash, marvel, street fighter, sfxt, and BLITZ FUCKING 2000. Oh, and some kickass pizza. I expect about at least 30.

I don’t think people realize how amazing Pokemon Puzzle League is.

Do we get free juston stix if we bring setups? I’m guessing this is gonna be in the basement area?

I asked about the justin stix before and they ran out. lol, and yeah, most likely in the basement area. I’ll update the info as soon as I know.

UMVC3 has bumped up to $10 due to increase in interest. Street fighter and cross tekkan will bump up as well if there is an increase in interest.

Fox Valley heading down for this. You need setups?

Well. I’m not going to say no. The more the merrier. :slight_smile:

BUMP:

Confirm for the tourney:

18 pizzas

3 juston and cinnamon sticks.

I’ll be working on soda.

and something else I ordered but forgot…

All of this will be provided at 5:30 or 6:00. So I recommend to eat a big breakfast and hold off until pizza shows up.

Anyways, this tourney will be mega hype.

I will not be able to arrive at the venue at the venue until 3:00pm due to one of my co-workers having an emergency and needed someone to cover for his shift. Not to worry, I’ll have two other T.O.'s on deck to help out any questions you guys have.

My phone number is 414-514-2975. Save this number in case you guys get lost or want to tell me how awesome I am. Texting is preferred.

Is Blitz on Dreamcast or 64?

Think there will be extra ps3 sticks or not really?

Friend is asking: SSB Melee? What rules?

blitz is on 64.

I think you can ask to borrow sticks from someone.

SSBM: 4 stock. Best of 3. loser counterpicks. battlefield, yoshis, FD, dreamland, FOD are the neutrals.

Fox Valley coming with 5 guys on Sat. Peaches heading down today.

Im gonna make sure you will not be allowed to post your shit tournaments on SRK again. Most amateur and ill run tournament i have ever been too.

I would like to refer everyone to this line from the top post:

GAMES WILL BE ON PS3!!!

Your two adorable little Xbox setups fool no one. Good job being a giant Smash tournament, Mad-town kids.