ARC EYE 3: LEDs made easy!

Yes, I did say I wasn’t going to make LEDsanymore, but that doesn’t mean I can’t work with one of the premier fightstick modders on the scene to bring you:

[media=youtube]VNwV9ZbXaLA[/media]

Quick Facts:
[LIST]
[]Yes, Toodles is my partner on this project!
[
]New LED design to make it even easier to install
[]New LED controller to go with the LEDs (handles 8 buttons only)
[
]Designed for 30mm SANWA (snap in semitsus and rollies are also compatible)
[]Arceye2 is not obsolete. It remains vaild for semitsu screw ins and can work with the new LED controller with slight modification to the controller
[
]Yes, the new design is scalable to other button sizes / types in the future (but no plans currently)
[]Install / demo videos will be made shortly after EVO
[
]Availability is tentative for late July
[/LIST]
FAQ:

**Q: **What kind of joystick will this work on?
A: Any common ground controller including any of Toodles’ products, PS360+, Hori, Madcatz, Paewang, DualStrike. Some versions of Qanba/Eightarc sticks are not compatible because they’re not common ground.

**Q: **So how do i tell if my stick common ground ?
A: Please search the forums / google

Q: Is this plug and play?
**A: **If you have a 360 TE/TE-S Madcatz, you only need to solder one wire for power. Everything else is plug and play. If you have any other type of common ground controller, you will need to handle connection from Remora to the controller board. I will provide diagrams and pics in post #3 and offer advice where I can, but NO SUPPORT WILL BE PROVIDED for these types of setups. If you read through this post and still have no idea what to do, i recommend hiring someone to do the mod for you (it’ll probably be a bit too advanced for a novice).

If you have a PS3 Madcatz stick, the header pinout is different than the 360 TE (for connecting remora to the controller). With a screwdriver you should be able to re-position the pins inside the header. Toodles is looking into an alternative solution in the meantime.

Q: Will you mod my stick for me?
A: Neither of us have the time I’m afraid, but you can hire someone like Gummo or JDM714

Q: Where do I find JST cables?
A: This should work

ArcEye 2 LEDs - The Ultimate LED button mod!

splat

Razer Arcade Stick + Remora!

Here is a pic with it fully installed in a MadCatz 360 SE stick with PS360+, rollie buttons, sanwa JLF and a link. The ps360+ is zip tie anchored to the base of the turbo panel.

I connected VCC and ground to Remora. This is sufficient to test power draw of all devices at once (including turbo panel). Here is a video on 360 and PS3 to demonstrate that there are no power draw issues.

[media=youtube]NRghM13R3U0[/media]

[media=youtube]Z3IkERipigs[/media]

I’ve started to clean up the wiring. The ribbon cables are organized and zip tied. Remora is mounted. Note that Start/Select is connected directly to PS360+ and the Start/Select harness will not be required in this install (as there is no LED support for these buttons).

AE3 and Remora Install Diagrams / Photos:

resplat

O M G!!

resplat

Hurm…

Omfg!!!

Wow, Toodles?
That is super surprise, about the joint.
I was thinking purplearms do own, Toodles do own.

Praying for future 24mm release

I think I’m gonna end up with a custom stick…SOON.

-Starhammer-

Wow. This is one kick-ass partnership. Bought, used and am entirely satisfied with the quality products from both parties in the past; can’t wait to see what’s actually in store with the combination of the two.

So many questions are already forming in my head, but I guess I’ll wait until after the official info reveal before posting them.

Pictures. We will require them. Bring us the pictures as soon as you are able.

-Starhammer-

HNGGGHH, dat alpha 3 logo. I can hear the a3 announcer already; *“This is purplearms’ Arc-Eye 3!” *So glad to hear that 24mm will be a reality on this rendition. Also praying to based Toodles for a solderless installation. I will pay.

24mm isn’t truly handled.

How about user-end finagling? :sweat:

Well, keeping in mind the only transparent 24mm I know of is the Seimitsu DN-K, I may have to change my answer. I dont have any here in front of me, but if it matches the other Sei 24mm screw ins I have here, then the answer may be ‘Not as well, but good enough’.

The LED controller on the other hand is 8 buttons only.

I knew it…

A 24mm version is more of a possibility, as opposed to a guarantee given the nature of the design (and only if the demand is there)… thats all i’m saying… but i think the 30mm version can be jury-rigged (hard wired) to a 24mm if you really really wanna do it (since the controller only handles 8 LEDs)…

I’m pretty sure these ArcEye 3’s will be compatible with Clear Sanwas :D?