Just starting a new topic to keep the Theory Fighter thread from getting cluttered and to keep info organized.
List of changes from Eventhubs.com:
? Close and Far Standing Light Punch have an extra frame of advantage, making it +6 now.
? Close Standing Medium Kick has a 4 frame startup.
? Less recovery on EX Rekka on hit and on guard.
? No invincibility on his Hard Flying Kick (Chicken Wing).
? Is considered to be mid-air right after the invincibility frames of his backdash end.
– HK CW is not invincible and is grounded on the initial frames (throwable). Fei takes counter-hit from anything.
– st.LP is +3 on block, +6 on hit
– EX Rekkas are safe to two hits thanks to much faster recovery.
– cr.LK> st.LP> Flame Kick (link) works
– cr.LK> st.LP x2> cr.HK works from max range (where you would be forced to do cr.MP/MK instead of cr.LP xx Rekkas link)
Japanese Feis (The first Fei player is mediocre, but MDR plays him decently.)
[media=youtube]CBey_d-8Bwo#t=22m47s[/media] Fei v. Claw
[media=youtube]ltkMAcv2cas&feature=sub[/media] Mago Fei v. Inoue Yun
[media=youtube]jHx9bHvQL0k&feature=player_embedded[/media] Mago Fei v. Ichi Ken
[media=youtube]lUF2-O8frVk[/media] Fei v. Cody
[media=youtube]ZtF07iyREYk[/media] Fei v. Makoto
Family Fun Arcade
[media=youtube]2yL8LdqCeCE[/media] Fei v. Yang
[media=youtube]AWIIu0r3ZBo&p=5A7186D78AA480AD[/media] Fei v. Blanka
Direct Feed from Japan
–@ 2:34, 19:07
–@ 45:28 Fei v. Adon
–@ 00:00, 22:49,
[media=youtube]gR3NpLNbB6Y[/media] Fei v. Yun
http://www.youtube.com/user/teamspooky#g/c/82C51EC3D0C93720 TS Youtube channel, look for Sabin’s Fei
– xbl brian says that Fei is mostly unchanged and that he should play all the same. Didn’t test loss of invincibility on HK CW or new st.LP combos.
– Daigo says that Fei will be top tier in AE, along with Yun and Yang. This is due to his stats remaining unchanged while many charge characters are being nerfed. Guile will now be upper-mid tier and Ryu apparently has his LP SRK [trade] Ultra again. Relatively, however, Ken is the new shoto-threat.
–mrtcohens observed that EX Rekkas are safe on the 2nd hit to Claw’s cr.MP (4-frame move). This may not have been reversal timing, however.
–UltraDavid posted on his Twitter that Fei is definitely top tier. Changes mentioned above.
–Editor’s Note: Fei still does an assload of damage for Flame Kick and Rekkas seem as good as ever. No evidence of frame advantage on EX Rekkas on hit, and no one has tried using it to simply get in yet.
XBL Brian’s comments: http://shoryuken.com/f273/fei-long-changes-arcade-test-250929/index9.html