Arcade Infinity Presents: THE LAST HURRAH! SSF4 Console Singles Tournament 1/9?

The news of AI closing on January 15th, 2011 has been making the rounds on SRK.

Personally, I’ve been going to AI since 2005 (not for any fighting games back then) but it has been a great contributing factor to where I stand in the fighting game community, the people I met, etc. I can go on but this post is not for a personal statement… I’m sure, if you’ve ever been a regular at AI at some point in your life, it means as much to you as it does to me.

With that said, here we go:

This is the last time you will get to experience the OG-Triple-OG, longest-running, the most hype tournament action at AI.

Also, Shoo has returned.

** *** Arcade Infinity Presents: THE LAST HURRAH! SSF4 Console Singles Tournament *** **

1380 S. Fullerton Rd. #206
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(Just above the staircase all the way inside Diamond Plaza off the 60 @ Fullerton Rd. exit)

**Schedule: **
Sunday, January 9
Registration & Fee Collection 1:30pm, Tournament 2:30pm
Tourney will start promptly at 2:30pm. Please arrive ahead of time if you need warm-up games.
**BE ON TIME! **
If you?re not present when your name is called, you?re liable for disqualification.

**Register: **
Pre-reg on this thread to reserve your spot, and in-person registration & fee collection will take place at 1:30pm.

Entry fee:
$5 to the pot + $3 venue fee = $8 to enter

• :party: For the duration of the tournament, inserting tokens will be mandatory, WIN OR LOSE. 1-token 1-play. :party:*
    Payout is the standard 70/20/10 for top 3 placers.

Rules:
Basically EVO Ruleset.

1.  2 out of 3 rounds, 99-second rounds

2.  Double-elimination, 2 out of 3 sets for both Winners & Losers Bracket; 3 out of 5 sets for Grand Finals. Losers finalist must win two sets against Winners finalist, while Winners finalist only needs to win one

3.  No characters banned

4.  Only loser may switch characters; however, you may change your Ultra at any time

5.  IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ: As the tourney will be run on modified arcade cabinets with start buttons out of your reach, ***pausing the game will result in forfeiting that round**, unless:

• both players agree to carry on by un-pausing
  • paused during Ultra animation that is not input-intensive**
  • input-intensive Ultras include Balrog (U1), Adon (U1), El Fuerte (U1), M. Bison (U2), Rufus (U2), etc.

**Seeding: **
Members of top-placing teams from the last 3v3 tournament will be seeded. This is final and you may NOT ask the bracket runners for seeding (aka DJ Vest) or risk PERMABAN from all events run in whole or in part by Shoo, DJ Divine, or other affiliates.

Questions:
PM me.

**UPDATE: I need volunteers to bring console setups (preferably PS3) to help run the tournament faster. Please let me know on this thread, by PM, or any way you know to contact me (phone, text, facebook, etc.) If you’re also playing in the tournament, your venue fee will be waived (for full setups only – partial setups will result in partial discounts for each individual). You still have to put in tokens if you’re to play on the arcade cabinet setup.

Station 1: “used to be vanilla” side-by-side cabinet
Station 2: “used to be cramped” side-by-side cabinet
Station 3:
Station 4:

I may have not been around AI as much as some of you, but I can appreciate what this place means to SoCal. I will be there!

[media=youtube]yEaMbBUBU6Y&feature=related"[/media]

I was dumb and forgot to reserve posts.

The following people will be seeded pending attendance, in no particular order:

Combofiend
Filipino Champ
Marn
Gootecks
Justin Wong
Mike Ross
AndyOCR
Tatsu
Warahk
ComboJack
Hiro
KillerKai
Chris Towner
Jonny
Keno
Habib-Shoryu
Jayce the Ace
SHBL Tim <= what the fuck?
DJ Divine
LainySky
Vicious
Kai
Mr. KOF
VictheSlik

Pre-registered:

DJ Divine
LainySky
SnakeAes
Hawk Sauce
Tatsu
Viscant
Kapwan13
VGP
Unisol
Fwooshy
DivineChaos97
ChaiThai
matashioqt
BlaqSkillzzz
AndyOCR
splurgendii
JaycetheAXE
Choysauce
D-Chong
Rshin
xblades

I will be there.

And lol @ “used to be cramped” side-by-side cabinet

Hahahahahha, A++++.

Will be there, for 3s tourny, mv2 tourny, cvs2 tourny, and jew puncher tourny.

Explanation

there is no way i am seeding tim. evil laughter

you’re welcome to make this day even more grand with those side events!

those events may actually be the main… who knows!

JEWPUNCHER and 3S side tourneys! I’m there!

The Invinceible Gasp lends his services to the 3s tourney.

Yeah I’ll be there for the last T. Hawk extravaganza.

in for street fightin

n punchin jewz

I’ll be there for the end.

–Jay Snyder
Viscant@aol.com

I’ll by there for Street Fighting and playing as much KoF XIII as possible while we still have it.

-Kapwan

Dammit

sign me up, thank you

Please sign me up, Thank you AI

Chris you already know Im gon be there.