Arcade Infinity Presents: "The Road to SSF4 AC" Singles Tournament 9/12/2010

Shoo has temporarily passed the torch of AI SSF4 ranbats/tourneys to me until SSF4 AC is released. HE WILL BE BACK AND YOU CAN EXPECT GREAT THINGS FROM HIM WHEN HE DOES. But for now, since I know there are players that have been waiting for some tourney action at AI, I present to you:

** *** Arcade Infinity Presents: The Road to SSF4 AC Singles Tournament *** **

1380 S. Fullerton Rd. #206
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(Just above the staircase all the way inside Diamond Plaza off the 60 @ Fullerton Rd. exit)

**Schedule: **
Sunday, September 12
Registration 1pm, Tournament 2pm
Tourney will start promptly at 2:00pm. Please arrive ahead of time if you need warm-up games.
**BE ON TIME! **
If you?re not present when your name is called, you?re liable for disqualification.

**Register: **
Pre-reg on this thread to reserve your spot, and in-person registration & fee collection will take place at 1:00pm.

Entry fee:
$5 to the pot + $3 venue fee = $8 to enter

• :party: For the duration of the tournament, inserting tokens will be mandatory, WIN OR LOSE. 1-token 1-play. :party:*
    Payout is the standard 70/20/10 for top 3 placers.

Rules:
Basically EVO Ruleset.

1.  2 out of 3 rounds, 99-second rounds

2.  Double-elimination, 2 out of 3 sets for both Winners & Losers Bracket; Losers finalist must win two sets against Winners finalist, while Winners finalist only needs to win one

3.  No characters banned

4.  Only loser may switch characters; however, you may change your Ultra at any time

5.  IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ: As the tourney will be run on modified arcade cabinets with start buttons out of your reach, ***pausing the game will result in forfeiting that round**, unless:

• both players agree to carry on by un-pausing
  • paused during Ultra animation that is not input-intensive**
  • input-intensive Ultras include Balrog (U1), Adon (U1), El Fuerte (U1), M. Bison (U2), Rufus (U2), etc.

**Seeding: **
As this is the first tournament since last ranbat season, top placers from last season will receive preferred seeding. From the next singles tournament until the last, the previous top 8 placers will be seeded. This is final and you may NOT ask the bracket runners for seeding (aka DJ Vest) or risk PERMABAN from all future Arcade Infinity events.
Once a new ranbat season starts with SSF4 AC, new rules will apply.

Questions:
PM me.

**UPDATE: I need volunteers to bring console setups (preferably PS3) to help run the tournament faster. Please let me know on this thread, by PM, or any way you know to contact me (phone, text, facebook, etc.) If you’re also playing in the tournament, your venue fee will be waived (for full setups only – partial setups will result in partial discounts for each individual). You still have to put in tokens if you’re to play on the arcade cabinet setup.

Station 1: “used to be vanilla” side-by-side cabinet
Station 2: “used to be cramped” side-by-side cabinet
Station 3: console provided by evilragnarok (ps3, monitor, 2 sticks)
Station 4: console provided by lainysky (ps3, monitor, 1 stick from lainysky, 1 stick from DJ Divine)
Station 5: console provided by choysauce (ps3, monitor, 1 stick from choysauce, need 1 more stick)

UPDATE 9/7: Still need more console setups. Please volunteer!
UPDATE 9/8: I am adding 1 more request slot for a console setup since the bracket is now bigger than 64.
UPDATE 9/11: 3 console stations ready to go, thank you everyone. **

More announcements coming soon (team tourneys & future tourney dates)!

due to the arcade cabinet setups being changed, i am letting in everyone that’s been waitlisted. you may register for the remainder of this week, and/or register in person on sunday.

Pre-registered players:
victheslik
xsonicc
s-s-s-sexblades
iansanity
unprotectedsex
DJ Divine
LSB
fwooshy
Gabriel Art
TRUE!
jlockbuster bon
thirteenthdi
lainysky
streye
zillsgrind
SGK
kitori
jeff effect
SHBL tim
andyVCR
D-chong
matashioqt
umeme shoryu
FUSON, SON
beefcake
aksys gamer 9
wonder_chef
benjifire
moval
hugo101
gungravezero14
VGP
unisol
HAWK SAUCE
peffico
chibishadow
paper
blaqskillz
keno
aww doom
temjinalpha
beejay
clutchlikekobe
cabin feva
rshin
roastbeef
COMBOFRIEND
shglbox
jaycetheaxe
cupcake
tonycrust
onlinetony
j-mo
jokersss
nichard rguyen
chris towner
alphanumerics
tw34kyz
dfoo
markski
uberninjabear
watts
mike ross
marn
mr. kof
evilragnarok
gigabyte
bizzle
bryant
yielder
teresa
vicious
gootecks
k-diggity
GDS
mydingling
NeREMIXED
takeru
choysauce
jack0a7 (marc)
clockw0rk

Waitlisted:

<3 ~ !!!

On a more serious note… Good morning. Now regarding the pausing issue I have to tell Ken to fix this, but apperently the two start buttons on both cabinents will occasionaly contact the board itself and press itself if a player or two presses buttons too hard or is mashing and in that case would trigger the opponents start button, should find a way to iron out this kink before proceeding ^_~

thanks for the info vic! i shall consult ken as well. <3 i will loosen up the rule if it’s too difficult to fix.

there’s a solution to this.

don’t mash.

on another note, get hype.

It’s about damn time.

Good stuff, Chris.

please prereg on this thread!

thanks guys and i assume you’ll all be of attendance!

Whats good, im in!

@Divine
after the tourney, lets get some Soju!!

yoooo chris…count me in =)

tag name: iansanity

dbl post

sign me up please
ggs to all i played last weekend at ai

Prereg’ing.

SnakeAes

please

Please register LSB, thank you:)

Please register LSB

Chriss! <3 register por favor.

Please register Gabriel Art, thanks!

no one misses me ;_;

:coffee::tup:

yessss i prefer the arcade scene much better than console(even though we’re playing on console but it’s at an arcade!)…sign me up.

BTW this is TRUE!