Arcade Legacy ROCKET PUNCH - 7/10/2010 - SSFIV, T6, GGAC, ST, Naruto CINCINNATI,OH

Arcade Legacy presents ROCKET PUNCH - Saturday July 10th, 2010 - Cincinnati, OH

So not all of us can afford to or have the time to get out Las Vegas for EVO this year (especially those on the East coast). Instead of sitting at home watching the stream on your computer, I offer this tournament and EVO stream viewing event. This will be the FIRST tournament at the new Arcade Legacy! (formerly Arcade Legends). It’s looking like we might get some new faces coming out from Florida, Iowa, Michigan and Illinois so there should be a bunch of uncharted competition. Along with all the tournaments, we will have the EVO stream up on our projection screen for those who just want to hang out, relax and maybe play some casuals and arcade games. Most of you already know this, but for those who haven’t been out yet, your admission to any tournament at Arcade Legacy includes FREE PLAY on all of the 40+ arcade games and pinballs in the building! For this tournament, I am offering you all the option to come Friday, Saturday and Sunday all for just the normal one day admission price! Tournaments will only be run on Saturday, but it will cost you no extra to come play all weekend long. $10 covers your entry for all three days.
When:** July 10th, 2010
Doors open at NOON. There’s no time restrictions on the new place(!!) but I’d like to be out by 1am if everything is done. There’s no reason it shouldn’t be.

Where:
Arcade Legacy
322 W. Crescentville Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45246
513-874-8766

www.arcadelegacyohio.com for directions and any other info you need

GAMES: (side tournaments can be run by you guys but run them by me first please)
Tournament pot split is 70/20/10 unless there is less than 10 entrants for a game. It then becomes a 70/30 split. Double elimination. All games on PS3 except those not available on the system (i.e. Naruto games). Please bring your own controllers if you have them. I do have 4 nice modded sticks that are available for use for those who don’t have one so don’t let that stop you from attending.

Super Street Fighter IV (PS3) – $10 entry (2pm)
Super Street Fighter IV FACE’s CARD GAME (name subject to change) (PS3) – $3 entry (starts shortly after the regular tourney. approx 6pm) If you can’t make it to the earlier one, you HAVE to come out for this. Best SF tourney ever devised. Soon to be an Ohio (or at least AL) tourney staple.
Guilty Gear: AC (PS2) – $10 entry (6pm)
Tekken 6 (PS3) – $5 entry (5pm)
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Arcade) – $5 entry (3pm)
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 (Wii) – $10 entry (2:30pm)
Naruto GNT 4 (GC) – $10 entry (6:30pm)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 low tier character tournament (DC) – $2 (2pm) WINNER TAKES ALL THE MONEY!
Mystery Tournament! (Various platforms) – $3 entry (4pm)

Please try to make it to register 30 minutes before start time. If you know you will be late, call the arcade (513-874-8766) or someone who is there so you can get me (Jesse) the message. You can certainly pre-reg in person or by calling the arcade if you feel the need.

Again, these are just the definite games. I’d be glad to allow any side games if we have the setups and time available.

**Rules: **(all games are double elimination and best 2/3 unless otherwise noted)
SSFIV - default everything
SSFIV card game - rules coming soon
GGAC - Gold, Shadow, and EX Characters are not allowed in tournament play
Tekken 6 - Random stage. 3/5. Then Loser & winner finals will be best 3 out of 5 matches. Grand Finals will be best 4 out of 7
ST – Akuma banned
MvC2
Banned characters:
Magneto
Storm
Cable
Sentinel
War Machine
Iron Man
Black Heart
Spiral
Doom
Cyclops
Tronne
Psylocke

Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 3
3/5 Rounds
2/3 Matches
3/5 Matches (Winner’s, Loser’s, Grand Finals)
90 Second Time
Damage Setting - 1
Stage Transitions - OFF
Obstacles - OFF
LNP - ON
Winner keeps character, loser may change Stage or Character, but NEVER both.
All Controller Set Ups Allowed!

Banned
Any Glitch that causes Irregular Game Play is Banned!
Wiimote Power up is Banned!
Hand Signs are Banned!
Kiba is Banned!

Naruto GNT 4

• 3/5 Rounds
  • 2/3 matches winners/losers - bracket
  • 3/5 matches winners/losers/grand - finals (no exceptions)
  • Default Time
  • Damage Setting 2
  • Stage is always random, unless both players agree.
  • Bath house stage is BANNED
  • Winner keeps character, loser may Stage or Character, but NEVER both.
  • ANY GLITCH THAT CAUSES IRREGULAR PLAY IN UNIVERSAL SYSTEM MECHANICS IS BANNED
  • Akamaru and Karasu are BANNED

Mystery Tournament
-A different game from any platform or era of my choosing will be chosen for each round. If there are any variations from the general rules, it will be noted once the round starts.
-No bans. If you happen to know how to play any of these games, good for you. You deserve the match :pray:

SETUPS
PS3 with SSFIV - Arkayne
PS3 with SSFIV - Skeez
PS3 with SSFIV - Diego
PS3 with T6 - Sluch
PS2 with GGAC - MacArthur Blunts (I’m guessing you’d want the discount seeing as you posted you have a setup now. Let me know if you can’t bring it)
Wii with Naruto - Killtz
GC with Naruto - GTFOCandy
DC with Marvel - Crimson Zero12

There will be a couple raffle prizes given out on Saturday. Everyone who comes gets a ticket.

I hope to see all of you there to help usher in a new era of tournaments at AL and in the Tri-State area in general. If you need to contact me for any reason, email at arcadelegacy@yahoo.com or find me on facebook (search Arcade Legacy).

Thursday Fight Nights continue to grow and generally be awesome. If you are ever in the area on a Thursday night, definitely pop in. We are playing all night for only $4. We are rocking any and all games that people are willing to play.

UNIBEEM.

I’m there.

ST arcade tourney sounds great, I’ll be there for sure.

That’s an awesome idea, Jesse. Hope you guys have fun, wish I could be there for your first ST tourney

And As usual I willl supply stuff if you need jesse.

I will be there , and I think that NGNT4 should not be 10 bucks IMO but thats just me.

GS on Arcade ST Jesse. 7/10 is actually my birthday, not sure if I can make it down. Hope everyone comes out to support though, will definitely be at the next one.

I can run low a tier and marvel if you want jesse all I ask is that we do it on DC I will be happy to provide them and sticks/converters aswell

I’m in for SF4 t6 and ST and spreadin the word. prepare to give me all your monies!

ill be there as well jesse. prob just playin in super4 unless some other side tournies pop up that i like.

im gonna tell mingie about it too and considering there will be a low tier marvel tournament im sure he will show up too

Harmon, go get that birthday money man.

I’m in for GG. lol at “Rocket Punch” without Sentinel.

If the Naruto players that plan on coming want it to be $5, I’ll gladly change that. I’ll have Slayer check on there forum and see what they think

Once I figure out exactly how many systems I need, I’ll start the list with your name on it Quentin

@ Brent, I’ll take you up on that offer. Can you give me a rule set for the low tier Marvel?

I’m not Brent but the rule set for the online low tier is

Banned characters
Magneto
Storm
Cable
Sentinel
War Machine
Iron Man
Black Heart
Spiral
Doom
Strider
Cyclops

Banned Assists
Tron (Projectile)

I also vote for a DC tourney.

DC is fine by me. I have one DC setup for Marvel but no sticks. I was just worried no one would have sticks, but if someone wants to supply, I am definitely for the DC version being used. I’ll make the change

i got you on stuff as I said jesse but yea thats all correct for the low teir league but its a bit different for tourny play we let strider go but no doom and ban tronne all together so its like this
Banned characters
Magneto
Storm
Cable
Sentinel
War Machine
Iron Man
Black Heart
Spiral
Doom
Cyclops
tronne

shouldn’t capcom and psylocke aa assists be banned as well?

Tron’s assist doesn’t scale. Those two do.

Tron’s assist doesn’t scale. Those two do.

Also jeese IIRC from when I used to play NGNT4. Itachi and a couple others need to be banned also. But talk to them and see what they think. All I know is, If I enter and play itachi, I dont wanna hear anyone crying about all the bullshit he has.

There;s no reason at all to ban Strider w/ no Doom around FYI :wink:

Also Psylocke should be banned in low tier. It’s not about the damage on her assist.