Arcade Stick Condundrum

Well, it seems I’m in a bit of a pickle.

I play SF4 on the PC and PS3 (mainly the PC). However, this semester I’m going to be in a dorm with a good friend of mine that also wants to learn Street Fighter 4. I want to have two sticks because I hate making my friends play with the controller.

Right now, I have a PS3 SE Madcatz fighstick. It’s a piece of shit. The buttons are already starting to die (medium kick in particular). I ordered new parts from Lizard Lick but they are taking a long time to get here. Considering I spent $50 on the new parts, I’m thinking about just canceling the order, selling my stick to Gamestop (do they even take sticks?) and buying a PS3 TE stick from a local electronics store.

For my second stick, I usually buy myself a Christmas present, and this year I think I’m going to get myself an Arcade in the Box stick built for PC/PS3/360, so dual modded.

My question is, whats the best route of action here? I want two sticks, and I want at least one of them to be dual modded. Should I wait for my Lizard Lick parts to get in? Should I cancel my order and get the TE from my local electronics store? Should I dual mod the TE stick?

Which brings me to my next question, how hard is it to dual mod a PS3 TE stick, and how would I go about doing it?

Thanks for the advice guys.

dual modding a xbox 360 stick would be easier. there are tons of posts on these topics throughout this forum.

in my opinion, get both a te and mod the se!