Arizona Congressman Trent Franks: Blacks Better Off Under Slavery

** Rep. Trent Franks: Blacks Better Off Under Slavery**

February 26, 2010  3:22 pm ET  by Walid Zafar

Arizona Congressman Trent Franks [told blogger Mike Stark](http://mediamattersaction.org/rd?to=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.starkreports.com%2F2010%2F02%2F26%2Fbipartisanship-is-dead%2F) that African Americans were much better off under slavery.  Franks, the [most conservative member](http://mediamattersaction.org/rd?to=http%3A%2F%2Fhotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com%2Farchives%2F2010%2F02%2Fnational_journa_17.php) of the Republican caucus, who has in the past called the Supreme Court's *Roe v. Wade* decision "the greatest holocaust in the history of mankind," is not new to conspiracy and bigotry.  

Last October for example, Franks accused a prominent Muslim advocacy group of “trying to infiltrate the offices of members of Congress by placing interns in the offices.” Franks, an on-again, off-again birther, has called president Obama “un-American,” accused him of going “against American interests” and even called him “an enemy of humanity.” His comments to Stark, as repulsive and abhorrent as they are, seem to be consistent with the reactionary mindset that some on the right hold. FRANKS: In this country, we had slavery for God knows how long. And now we look back on it and we say “How brave were they? What was the matter with them? You know, I can’t believe, you know, four million slaves. This is incredible.” And we’re right, we’re right. We should look back on that with criticism. It is a crushing mark on America’s soul. And yet today, half of all black children are aborted. Half of all black children are aborted. Far more of the African American community is being devastated by the policies of today than were being devastated by the policies of slavery. And I think, What does it take to get us to wake up?

( Obviously the blacks should be governed. They can’t take care of themselves. Slavery is really like a favor. Blacks should be paying us. )
The excerpt starts at the 6:22 mark.

[media=youtube]459Dny0aabI&feature=player_embedded[/media]

In the context of his abortion beliefs, the statements make sense. Too bad his abortion beliefs are ridiculous and absurd. When your view is that an aborted fetus is a crime against humanity, while degradation and depravity to a full-grown class of persons for a period of hundreds of years isn’t as bad; you are going to come to some funky conclusions.

imo.

DUDE!, he is trying to us all a favor. You obviously didn’t listen. The abortion thing is such an uneducated bullshit. You think they kept careful records of slave abortions? The hate is first inside us, the reasoning and validation from outside sources is second.

ITT; sensationalism.

this world is full of arseholes, and for every 1 million arseholes theres a rich arsehole who knows nothing of humanity. the only hope for world peace is for every poor arsehole out there to use their environment to educate themselves about the fundamentals of life instead of relying on external powers

I don’t see it as that, and that’s not what he’s saying. Niggas are so quick to take shit out of context and cry racism. The dude’s saying that compared to yester-century or whatever, we had fewer black people killed than we have now due to the abortions (although I don’t count POTENTIAL human life as human. Not until it has developed to the point where can survive after an emergency induced delivery without billion-dollar machine care). Basically he’s saying that although we count as people now, there are a lot more black (potential) people killed by abortions than were killed during the slavery era. He is not endorsing slavery, or looking back upon it as “the good old days”. He’s using that as a comparison to how many (potential) black people are being killed by abortions. No wonder we can’t get anywhere as a people. Ignorance. This shit’s ridiculous. Dude’s saying the bodycount under slavery was lower compared to abortions nationwide, present-day, and you guys are all “He wishes we were slaves again!!” Show some mental sophistication.

WHAT slave abortions??? Slavers were happy as hell if a slave got preggers, even if it was their kid. (guess where light-skinned house negroes came from, Sparky. The hue-based envy of mulatto offspring, who were many times treated better than the other slaves, has endured…mainly in women. Dunno why, but they hate another black woman to be lighter than themselves) That was money at the auction block in a couple years or an extra hand on the farm or usually in the house helping to serve food and entertain visitors to the plantation that the slave owner didn’t have to BUY. Geez.

And further, in terms of POLICY, it’s the Jim Crow policies that fucked us. Black single-mother families (the main source of black abortions) are not the product of slavery. Men back in the Jim Crow era were actually responsible. This single-mother shit shit started with brothers in the mid-70’s with gangs, as well as just plain basically promiscuous lotharios in relationships, yet screwing everything they could, just like today. The only thing that changed was the landscape. I personally know 4 black men, one a deacon at his church, who are married, have kids in said marriage, yet have anywhere from 4-6 women on the side, and are actively trying to get with a woman or 2 at their workplaces. THIS shit’s to blame from the plague of black single parenthood and abortions…and brothers refuse to see this and take responsibility for themselves. Poor, naive young women allow it to happen to themselves time and time again. Nobody who claims to represent us is trying to help us break the cycle.

Probably the greates flaimbait I’ve ever seen. :rofl:

Thanks for trying to manipulate me with the highly suggestive thread title. I bet this is the part where I am supposed to become angry even though he didn’t say that blacks should be slaves again. SIGH.

This is why I ignore most of the sensationalist news stories about politics today. They are engineered to control the ignorant masses. How did you even jump to the conclusion that you did from what he said? He clearly indicated that everyone talks about the horrors of slavery, but no one bats an eye at how many black babies are being aborted. You don’t think that 50% of the aborted fetuses in America being black is very telling of the condition of black people today? I disagree. When Bill Cosby got black people all up in an uproar all those years ago, all he said was that black men needed to man the fuck up and raise their damn kids. Then everyone acts like he is out of touch with the black community or a reverse racist. The truth hurts, but instead of addressing the problem, lets get offended and call him a racist.

Honestly we will never know the amount of dead grown africans who were brought around the world and to this country due to slavery. I believe dude has a point but it could came across as insensitive to the masses. He is right we are getting wiped out faster than ever now. I mean the world is slowly going backwards you see all black schools again, Gentrification, The class gap is rising, being an intellectual is frowned upon.Honestly though he may have his facts wrong on abortion.

Non-story is not a story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=JXATt_zj01s&v=8pyW6w5B7Aw

Sorry guys I couldn’t resist…

J-Ride has it right.

How many abortions people have is a tell tale sign of how out of control their lives are. If you can’t control your dick/pussy what can you control?

One problem is that education has been hyped up to the point in our community that no one sees how hard it is to get an education. I mean we say go be a lawyer , doctor anything that makes money. Then we get some kid that says okay Imma do it but how do I do it . Nobody gives details or plans on this. That’s why sports is easier to do than anything because you actually see what hardwork gets you. Go to a class an ask what a bar exam is . Then ask whats a sports combine.

Oh my god, I’m favoriting that. Even the anchor lady on the right knows that shit’s funny. :rofl:

Love how that one chick is even calling the lack of chicken “wrong”.

I think sex slaves should be aloud.

i dont think they should allow sex slaves.
just thinking aloud.

@ crazy american (guessing) rebublican
lol.
only in america.

sings along to rocky4
living in america…

c’mon, there’s plenty of actual crazy shit this guy has said that could make a legit headline, making stupid things up like he said “Blacks better off under slavery” just makes the people who oppose him look almost as silly.

^_-;

If they sneak over the border, citizen’s right shouldn’t apply to them, seeing as to how they aren’t citizens…so there’s a grey area in terms of sexual sla- uh, bedroom recreation coordinators. Just IUD that shit down.