Ask me something

any notable N groove hibiki or mai players to watch?

The OP of this thread…

Buktooth for N-Hibiki.
Rai for both (he plays K, but you get to see a lot of great stuff for both characters, anyway)

outside of chun, who has better footsies than sagat?

That’s a pretty cool av man.

Assuming you mean “who has better ground pokes+movement then Sagat,” here are a few ideas:

Cammy, Vega

Blanka (arguably)

Hibiki (probably)

sakura… arguably

I think Sakura has a slight edge. Cammy and Blanka are about even. Vega and Hibiki definitely over C-Sagat, less so over K.

Guile has insane footsies, even more so against Sagat.

[media=youtube]ujHVuvHkvTk[/media]

The thing is about footises in this game is that there is a priority engine, but unlike the priority engine in 3s which has the engine tells what beats what. The one in cvs2 is done by how many hurtboxes your attack box hit. There is only 3 hurtboxes in the engine (Head, Torso, Feet).

If the normal like Sagat’s 2HP is hitting around the shins it’s a good chance you’re hitting two hurtboxes so if the other player is doing a 2LK where the lk is only hitting 1 hurt box you’re the 2HP is going to beat the lk.

and maybe rolento on that footsies note… although i think he loses to sagat? but his footsies is good too

That was just an example. Or, should I of talked about where I had an edited Terry 5LP have a hurt box and attack box filling up the whole screen and the normal Terry 5LP lost every time even though the frame data was the same.

So, I currently play N-Iori, Sagat, R2 Honda. However, I am kind of uncertain as N-groove Honda as an anchor because he seems to struggle quite a bit against most R2s that always have the potential of big damage in A or C. Whereas N-Honda doesn’t have the fear of jump in combo>Lvl3 or LJ lvl 3/Roll Lvl3 unless he is activated, which basically sends the message to lame him out until activation is over.
Q#1 Is N-Groove Honda worth playing as my R2 anchor, or is there someone else that would be better suited for the role?
Q#2 If I were to make Sagat my R2 who would be another good N-groove character that has a solid ground game. (I was considering trying N-Guile but he doesn’t really benefit from LJ)
Q#3 Who are some good N-Iori’s that I can watch other than Buk?

r2 chun>your honda

-Use Blanka, he´s somehow similar to Honda, and a good R2.
-Mai, Hibiki, Vice, Maki, are all great N-Groove characters.
-Tsugonoske. There was a dude that played N-Iori/Ken/Sagat and is on SBO 3, but i dont remember his name right now.

Off topic a bit but was it ever explained why P-Groove didn’t have EX moves?

Probably because Capcom was trying to cut corners budget-wise on it’s last major arcade release. What I’d really like to know is why P-groove didn’t get special-to-super cancels, since they are an option already for making an EX-groove. Would that make P-groove too good? Seeing as P is one of the weaker grooves already, and this change wouldn’t address the biggest reason IMO P-groove isn’t good (longest bar, weakest level 3s), I always wondered about this.

Didn’t they give P the super cancel option in EO?  Not that anyone cares about that version/update.<br><br>Maybe they thought parrying would be too good.  I’ve always found parrying in CvS2 to be way harder than 3S.  I still can’t believe how weak P and S grooves are.

S is not a strong groove at all, no doubt about it. I mean, there’s a reason SNK never went back to that whole manual meter-building concept in its own games.<br><br>P, on the other hand, can be pretty competitive in the right hands. Parry is a very powerful tool, and characters like Cammy and Kyo who can capitalize on it are very strong. If P did not have its meter handicap, I think it would be able to hold its own against the other grooves pretty well.<br>

EX mode was made a lot better in 98um/98fe to the point your a fool not to use it so saying SNK never went back to it is just flat out wrong. <span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>But, this is CvS2 we’re talking about. S-Groove </span><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>is useless even at red life.</span>

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” style=“font-weight: normal;”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>ex moves don’t exist because that would entail balancing like 200+ additional new special moves… which only exist for p-groove</span></font><div style=“font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;”>special -> super cancels don’t exist because the game wasn’t balanced around them. there’s some really retarded shit with it off the top of my head:</div><div><ul style=“font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;”><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>hibiki low short x3, low jab xx slash now cancels into deadly rave for a guaranteed dizzy and kill, similar idea with geese</span></li><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>yun can hit confirm lunge punch into the dive kick super (then crash the game)</span></li><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>any kyo combo with the otg punch is now probably a kill/dizzy combo</span><br></li><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>chip big characters with chun spinning bird kick, hit confirm into super</span></li><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>vega rolly claw hit confirm into claw super</span></li><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>morrigan dp hit confirm into air darkness illusion</span></li><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>iori combo into pillar super into dizzy -> death</span></li><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>hit confirm cammy drills into super</span></li></ul><div>unlike in 3s, the window to super cancel isn’t right at the point of impact; it’s <b>anywhere</b> in the special, hit or whiff. there’s way too much abusable shit in there</div></div>