Ask me something

<div>Insightful as always.  Thank you sir.</div>

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href=“http://forums.shoryuken.com/profile/547/Buktooth”>Buktooth</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><font style=“font-weight: normal;” face=“Arial, Verdana”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>ex moves don’t exist because that would entail balancing like 200+ additional new special moves… which only exist for p-groove</span></font><div style=“font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;”>special
-> super cancels don’t exist because the game wasn’t balanced around
them. there’s some really retarded shit with it off the top of my head:</div><div><ul style=“font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;”><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>hibiki low short x3, low jab xx slash now cancels into deadly rave for a guaranteed dizzy and kill, similar idea with geese</span></li><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>yun can hit confirm lunge punch into the dive kick super (then crash the game)</span></li><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>any kyo combo with the otg punch is now probably a kill/dizzy combo</span><br></li><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>chip big characters with chun spinning bird kick, hit confirm into super</span></li><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>vega rolly claw hit confirm into claw super</span></li><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>morrigan dp hit confirm into air darkness illusion</span></li><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>iori combo into pillar super into dizzy -> death</span></li><li><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>hit confirm cammy drills into super</span></li></ul><div>unlike in 3s, the window to super cancel isn’t right at the point of impact; it’s <b>anywhere</b> in the special, hit or whiff. there’s way too much abusable shit in there</div></div></div>
</blockquote>

I dunno man, that sounds like a really fun game to me, hahaha. I mean, I
doubt the game was balanced around a CC that does 50% on hit or block,
or a CC that can be landed ground or air that does 70%, or an invincible
move that is almost completely safe and does hella chip (and can lead
to a huge-damage CC). On top of that, P-groove would still be limited to
that long-ass bar, where you get maybe 2 level threes to share among
three characters. Do you think all that brokenness you mentioned would
make P the best groove in the game?<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/17765/jedpossum">jedpossum</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>EX mode was made a lot better in 98um/98fe to the point your a fool not to use it so saying SNK never went back to it is just flat out wrong. <span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>But, this is CvS2 we’re talking about. S-Groove </span><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>is useless even at red life.</span></div>
</blockquote>

Calm down dude. The only reason EX mode was included in the 98UMs was because they were remakes. Can you name a single non-remake where SNK used manual charging to build meter? Did they even do it in Samurai Showdown Tenka, which had a bunch of selectable grooves?<br><br>Your example also fails to mention all of the EX-exclusive buffs they made in UM to make that mode competitive. If you could quickMAX cancel stuff in advance mode, a lot of people would drop EX mode.<br>

One would think they’d catch wind of how crazy CCs were in Alpha 2 and V-ism in Alpha 3.  So they knew A groove would be capable of some sort of ridiculous shenanigans.  At least I would hope so.  

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/13682/Mr.%20Warzard">. Warzard</a> said:</div><div class=“QuoteText”><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/17765/jedpossum">jedpossum</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>EX mode was made a lot better in 98um/98fe to the point your a fool not to use it so saying SNK never went back to it is just flat out wrong. <span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>But, this is CvS2 we’re talking about. S-Groove </span><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>is useless even at red life.</span></div>
</blockquote>

Calm down dude. The only reason EX mode was included in the 98UMs was because they were remakes. Can you name a single non-remake where SNK used manual charging to build meter? Did they even do it in Samurai Showdown Tenka, which had a bunch of selectable grooves?<br><br>Your example also fails to mention all of the EX-exclusive buffs they made in UM to make that mode competitive. If you could quickMAX cancel stuff in advance mode, a lot of people would drop EX mode.<br></div>
</blockquote>

<div>It was in Sam Sho 5 which was after cvs2. You can replenish concentration by lowering your rage meter before rage was full.</div>

Here’s a question: Why use an old April fools joke about CvS3 on front page of srk. A better joke would announce cvs2 with online play.

Whenever I play the DC version on my PC at the win quote screen sometimes two characters will say something. I’ve never had that happen on my PS2 version. Is there anything character specific?

PS2 or US version is “tamed” out in the dialogue and some crap considered offensive. For eg, Rugal doesnt say GENOCIDE CUTTER, and stuff like that, @YariX0083

Yeah, I remember that one.

Didn’t know you could @ people now. Neat.

Since I’m scared to look through 134 pages of posts, I’d like to ask a question. What are some techniques of getting more consistent at RC “Light Specials” such as Ken’s RC LK Crazy Kick? I try double tapping the LK but I’m just not fast enough and I’m wondering if one could do it by trying to negative edge the LK after pressing LP+LK or if there is some slide method of hitting the LK button?

Then, what are some general tips to make RC’ing more consistent. Everyone tells me it’s easier to RC charge motion moves than circular motion moves but I find it to be the opposite. The only way that I can seem to get a something like a RC’d Flash Kick is if I charge down, return to neutral and press LP+LK, then go up then Kick but I’m still awfully inconsistent at it. I can RC qcf/qcb motions more easily and I feel I just need to grind them more so I can do them on the fly and my worst habit is being sloppy and doing d, df.LP+LK, df.P/K and fucking up or doing something like d, df., f.LP+LK, f.+P/K and getting a light special out without even rolling in the first place.

Another problem I have is trying to RC DP motions and how should I properly buffer it? I’m trying to do f., d.LP+LK, df.+P/K but it feels so wack and I keep messing up. If I try to do f.LP+LK, d., df.P/K I’m too slow to hit the 3 frame window to RC DP. Is there any tricks to this?

Since I suck at RC I figured I can play K Groove and focus on other things but I feel like against the A Groove match up I have to play a groove with a better guard bar and I want to play N Groove to fight it. But since I am going to play N Groove, I must use it to it’s full potential and I must learn to RC.

The why I RC shorts is to hold jab when input roll.

RCing just takes time and practice. It’s the only way to be consistent at it. Just to get the hang of it I record the cpu in training to throw fireballs and practice the the RC over and over.

Thanks. I’ll try that out to try to RC Light attacks. So far I actually got better at RC Motions and Charge Motions. So the only ones I can’t do so far are DPs and Mash attacks.

SRKs are trickier. Just a matter of practice.

One of the reasons I love CvS2 so much is because I can do HHS w/ Honda the way I want to. lp, hp, mp, lp, hp (Never works for me in newer games. I have to lp, mp, hp, lp, hp. Fuck AE). Much more natural hand movement for me. I’m sure you already know the input for RC HHS/LL lp, hp, mp, lp+lk, hp or lp, mp, hp, lp+lk, hp. Whichever is easiest for you.

in terms of groove strength for a character, where does N blanka stand?
whats his best groove anyway? A? K?

I’ve been watching some old ass Nuki vids and he was using N buranka way back in the day, looks fun.

which, speaking of Ohnuki, the lil footage of him playing cvs2 over the past 2 years, he has been playing gouki, ryu, sagat.

the absence of Chun intrigues me…because he mains that bitch in every game…outside of like zero 3 and sf4

At the top of the top level of the game, A and C Blanka are the best versions of the character due to having dash + stored meter + RC. IIRC:

Dash into RC: Leads to knockdown for C, and CC for A.
Dash into throw (when the opponent is afraid to push buttons from the first option): Leads to one of the best Okizemes in the game.
Dash into cr.lk x2 ball / super (when the opponent is afraid of throw): Leads to a combo for A, and a super hitconfirm for C.

This mixup IMO is deadly. Can easily WRECK any good player and character pretty easy, if you guess right two, maybe 3 times max.

N-Blanka is really fun, but his combinations of tools dont work that well compared to his other versions. IMO he´s the # 4 Blanka:

A
C
K
N
P

S

word, who are the top A Blankas?

I assume d44 and UMA.

yeah, BAS (D44) Blanka is insane… but UMA on his prime was even better, imo. Also, Mago had that beastly C Blanka and INO had the best K Blanka ever, really smart player (but always died while trying to abuse his low jumps, lol).

I miss this game so much, best engine ever :confused:

Just want to put in my 2 cents. N Blanka is the second best Blanka IMO, and is indisputably better than K Blanka. RC electricity is probably the best move in the game, and that alone puts N Blanka ahead of K. Compared to C-groove:

N Blanka pros:
gets counter roll, which is far better than his shitty alpha counter, and is the only way he gets out of blocked sakura cc in any groove
gets low jump, which makes his pressure game a serious problem for pretty much the entire cast
run is never bad for a character with his great pokes and reach

C Blanka pros:
dash mixups, which you covered
stored meter - not a bad thing, but doesn’t help him much either; he’s still hamstrung by his supers requiring charge, and level 2 cancels don’t help him at all
air block - he almost never needs this

Would I trade dash mixups for not dying to sakura blocked cc and low jump? Hell yes. I’ll also point out that N-groove’s meter system is not that bad of a disadvantage for Blanka - his level 1 super has some utility, and popping stock is a nice boost all around.

Uma’s still the man - he just won both the singles and team tournaments in the recent Japan cvs2 nationals.

that would ACTUALLY “fool” people

Sorry to disagree, but N Blanka is clearly under C and K Blanka.

-Cant use the BEST mixup in the game, due to not having dash.
-Stored meter HELPS HIM a lot, because he can whiff punish EVERYTHING with cr.mp into super
-Builds meter SUPER FAST.
-He doesnt get locked by sak that easy, lol. Its HARD for SAK to lock down an RC Blanka at a top level.
-Rage + JD helps him ENORMOUSLY. K Blanka breaks guard and dizzies like mad. JD helps him being even more than a nuisance, due to now having more safer low jumps (helps ENORMOUSLY against most of the anti low jump stuff in the game, including Honda headbutt, Bison PC, Vega flip kick).

N Blanka lvl 1 supers have good invencibility. but the damage is crap, and has a harder time breaking guard and using his lvl 3.

Trust me, i´ve used / played against every single Blanka variants in the game. And those dash mixups you´re trading are quite possible the most dangerous shit in all the game… especially when you are sitting on meter and can poke or wait for something to whiff punish. N Blanka sounds great on paper, but in theory, he´s clearly behind his other counterparts.

Except S. S (almost) EVERYTHING sucks.

Well they could say it was a wii u or psp vita exclusive.
I dunno.