I recently purchased an Asus VH236H monitor to use on my PS3 for fighting games.
I’ve looked around for about an hour on SRK and google to try to find someone who can explain what the proper setting to have on the PS3 as well as the monitor that will be ideal for SF4 and soon MVC3.
A few of the questions I have are:
- Do the different modes, standard, theater, game, night view and scenery have any effect on the monitor other than color and brightness. My thought is that if it is doing extra processing to the video signal before displaying it might cause extra lag.
- I notice that you can manually control brightness, contrast, sharpness, saturation, ascr? and overdrive? Are there preferred settings to these adjustments or is it just personal preference and situational to the lighting conditions the monitor will be used in.
- What are ascr and overdrive? any effect to the functional use of the monitor or same as above?
- Any recommendations for carrying the monitor around? I usually just throw the thing in my car kind of worrying about it sliding around and scratching it up or damaging it. How do you carry yours to sessions?
- Is it better to adjust brightness on the monitor or to adjust it in the screen con fig options.
- Should the Cross Color Reduction Filter be on or off?
- Should the RGB Full Range be set to limited or full?
- Should the Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr Super-White be set to on or off?
- Shoudl the Deep Color Output be set to automatic or off?
I do realize many of these questions have no effect on the gameplay or lag, but I’m the kind of person that likes to know what my options are and to fully understand the technology. Please offer any advice, information you may have that is relative to my setup. I understand the setup of the PS3 is mostly relative to which kind of tv/ monitor you are using. Thank you