AT&T Cell Phones, advice?

Ok…so I’m 25 and I don’t have a cell phone. I’m finally breaking down and getting one. I’m basically looking for some advice on AT&T phones. No, I don’t want a damn iphone. What has a decent camera? What kind of phone can I send myself MP3s or whatever because I’ll be damned if I’m paying for shitty ringtones?
Anyone who has or had any AT&T phones, speak up! What is shitty? What is awesome?
Here is a list: PHONES!

So far, the only advice I have is “That LG Shine seems pretty cool!” …this is why I need your help! Thanks in advance.

I work for at&t and I use the Sony Ericsson w760. Best non-smartphone we carry right now (and better then most smartphones at that)

You won’t be disappointed

I have AT&T and before I upgraded I had the LG Trax CU575. Maybe it’s in stores only cause I didn’t see it on the list? I don’t know if it’s still available but it was a solid phone. It had 3g, stereo bluetooth, mp3’s, multimedia, etc. I guess out of that list I would recommend the Shine or the Incite from LG. I know someone with a Shine and they’ve only got good things to say about it. Might want to look into a screen protector since it’s a bar phone and that screen might be plastic. I don’t know much about the other manufacturers so I can only tell you that I had a good experience with my LG. Hope this didn’t sound too much like a sales pitch!

What did you upgrade to? And what is a bar phone? Yes, I’m a cell phone idiot, forgive me.

Thanks for the responses so far!

I upgraded to an iPhone 3g, I’m a bit of a gadget junkie and there aren’t any help groups around…heh heh. I just call any phone that isn’t a flip a bar phone. The mp3 ringtone thing is pretty cool (I can’t put my own ringtones on an iPhone unless I bought the song in itunes). I know a lot of them, phones that play mp3s, will let you assign any mp3 to a ringtone. The Trax I had and many others only allowed for files of 30 seconds or less be played as a ringtone. Dunno why though, cause the motorolas that my little brothers had could play the entire song but it wasn’t a big deal for me. Also I wouldn’t use super high quality mp3s 256k and up for ringtones as the LGs have a file size limit as well as the time limit. This also isn’t an issue because you can’t really tell a difference in quality with such small speakers. Hope this helps!