Audio splitting on Asus Monitor

I have the Asus VH236H monitor and have my system hooked up through HDMI. My question is there a way to split the audio so that I can hear the game audio through headphones but it will still output audio through the speakers? That way the other person can still here game audio.

Xbox or PS3? I know on XBOX You can buy a piece to put in ontop of your HDMI on your console which will give it RCA jacks.

I have a 360. But in general because some tournaments will use PS3’s.

Is it hooked up to a stereo reciever?
I know there are multiple audio input/output source’s available there.

I don’t have it hooked up to anything. I just want to be able to use my headphones and still have audio come out of the built in speakers at the same time.

Buy and attache this http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2296064 to the monitor’s audio output hook up on of the outputs to your headphones and hook up some computer speakers to the other output. This will be the easiest way to do it, if you are trying to have sound coming out of the monitor and to your headphones at the same time you can do it but is going to be about 4 - 6 times more expensive.

Thanks for the help. hopefully when i go to tournaments they will let me hook up portable speakers.

What are you doing losing tournaments man? I wanted to see you win

can’t you just put a splitter out on the one side to go to headphones and the other out back into the monitor using the input?
I haven’t tested this and i’m not sure which takes precedence, the monitor sound or the output of sound