I am going to make an exception to the “passport” rule to encourage participation. As you know, the cost of flying the winners to Japan will be extremely high so we really want as many teams as possible to enter and support the winners.
Even if you don’t have a passport, you will be allowed to register. If you make it to the Grand Finals of the event, we will discuss what options you have for getting a passport in time.
We will proudly be hosting the 3rd and Final official *Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition *qualifier for Super Battle Opera 2011, the 9th Annual Arcadia Cup tournament and the most prestigious fighting game event in the world.
Saturday, August 13th, 2011
Registration Begins: 1:00PM
Registration Ends: 2:00PM
Tournament Begins: 2:00PM
Austin, TX 78705
Closest Airport: AUS (Austin Bergstrom Int’l Airport)
13 miles from airport, 20 minutes by car, 30+ minutes in traffic.
Public transportation is available, but slow. We recommend a car rental.
(1.0 mile away, 20 minutes by foot):
Rodeway Inn / University:
Rate: ~$70/night. Check site for exact rates. Book early.
(1.0 mile away, 20 minutes by foot):
Days Inn / University:
Rate: ~$75/night. Check site for exact rates. Book early.
(~3 miles away, walking distance from famous “6th Street” bar/party district):
La Quinta Capitol:
Just Google “downtown Austin hotels” for more choices, there are more options but most of them are more expensive!
All registration will be on-site before the event begins. There is no online registration or pre-registering for this event.
A U.S. Passport is required to travel to Japan. It is recommended that you apply for a Passport NOW if you are attending this event. Expediting a Passport request costs MORE MONEY, so you will save by doing it now!
For More Information:
[COLOR=#930000]How to get a U.S. Passport in a Hurry[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#930000]U.S. Passport Processing Times[/COLOR]
To participate in the [COLOR=black]SBO Qualifier event, your team must consist of two U.S. Citizens. Non-U.S. Citizens are not permitted to enter. You will need a U.S. Passport to travel to Japan if you win the SBO Qualifier. If you make it to Grand Finals and do not yet have a Passport, we will discuss your options for acquiring one in time for SBO.[/COLOR]
$30 per player ($60 per team)
Prize: [COLOR=black]SBO Spot + Two round-trip tickets to Tokyo from a major U.S. Airport of your choosing[/COLOR]
No pot split; entry fees will help sponsor the winning team’s plane tickets
- The winning team of the event will gain entry into the final bracket of Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition at Super Battle Opera 2011, and will have both team members’ plane tickets fully sponsored by Arcade UFO. You must take a round trip flight from the U.S., departing from and arriving back to one major U.S. airport of your choice. The flight will be to and from Narita Airport (Tokyo).
- Only the winning team will be granted this privilege, and the winning team must be available for the week of [COLOR=black]SBO[/COLOR] to travel to the event and represent the USA.
- [COLOR=black]SBO[/COLOR] is taking place this year on September 17th, 2011, at Makuhari Messe convention center in Chiba (near Tokyo, 45 minutes away by train). Remember to take the time difference and travel time into consideration.
- If you cause physical damage to any machine at Arcade UFO in any way for any reason, you will be ejected from the tournament and venue with no refund. If the person causing damage is on a team, the entire team will be ejected.
- In the case of a joystick or button malfunction, you must report the malfunction DURING THE ROUND IT OCCURS. Once a round is over, it’s done.
- If a joystick or button malfunction is reported, it will be tested thoroughly. If there is determined to be an issue, the machine will be repaired promptly and the match will be replayed. If there are determined to be no issues, you will be awarded a loss for the match. All rulings will be final.
- We will assist the winning team in locating housing in Japan (at their expense), and you will be accompanied on your trip as needed by an interpreter.
Saturday, August 13th
1:00PM: Registration for SBO Qualifier
Start - 2:00PM sharp
[SIZE=15px][FONT=Helvetica][COLOR=#141414][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=13px][FONT=Verdana]Format: Double Elimination bracket, Waseda-style, best of 3 rounds, 1 match only[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
In Grand Finals, the losing team must defeat the undefeated team twice.
We will use [COLOR=#930000]challonge.com to generate an unbiased, random tournament bracket. The bracket will be generated completely randomly; no “do-overs”, no seeding, no floating brackets, no shadiness.[/COLOR]
- Arcade version on head-to-head Delta HD Cabinets (16:9 aspect ratio).
- Joysticks are Sanwa JLF-TP-8Y, buttons are Sanwa OSBF-30.
- The first player (Player A) on each team must be reported to a judge before each match begins (double blind).
- Player A from each team will play, and then Player B from each team will play. A 2-0 record will result in a victory, while a 1-1 record will force a playoff between Player A and Player B.
- You cannot switch characters after your initial selection. The winning team must use the characters they qualify with at [COLOR=black]SBO[/COLOR].
- Further details may be added later.
**See you guys at Arcade [COLOR=black]UFO in August! Come hungry! Post up if you have any questions at all. **[/COLOR]