[Aug 24, 2011] GGA's Windy City Showdown (Lucky Strike Edition) (Brookfield, IL)

Galloping Ghost Arcade, Good Games Live, and Medina4Life present:
Windy City Showdown

Wednesday, August 24th: Remembering to Hate Chun-Li

Galloping Ghost Arcade
9415 Ogden Avenue
Brookfield, IL 60513
708-485-4700
www.gallopingghostarcade.com

For this edition of Windy City Showdown, we are pleased to present a special featured event, a Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition singles tournament, held the day after the game’s release.

But that’s not all. We will also be holding a tournament in Mortal Kombat 9 as well. There’s just one catch: All matches will be Test Your Luck with random select.

And of course, there will be set-ups for people to have casuals in Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and whatever other game you bring. Of course, we need you to bring your games, and your systems, and your monitors. We can’t do this without you.

General Information:
Doors open at 3:30 pm
Arcade closes at 2:00 am
Venue fee of $5 at the door
Bring your own controllers, systems, games, monitors, and cables
There was no joy in Mudville

Stream Information:
The stream for this week will be provided by Medina4Life: http://www.justin.tv/medina4life

3SOE Tournament Information:
Tournament will start at approximately 8:30
Cost of $5 to enter
Pot will be split 70-20-10 (for 10 or more entrants) or 78-22 (for fewer than 10 entrants)
Double elimination tournament, Matches best 2 out of 3, Finals matches best 3 out of 5
Loser can change character, Winner cannot change character but can change Super Art
Gill is banned

MK9 TYL Tournament Information:
Tournament will start at approximately 9:30
Cost of $2 to enter
Winner take all
Double elimination tournament, Matches best 2 out of 3, Finals matches best 3 out of 5
No characters are banned, No costumes are banned

Tournament Organizer Information:
CurlyW (Phone 301 404 0316, E-mail maxwasserman@gmail.com)
Tactics (Phone 630 433 6979, E-mail domingoayala3@gmail.com)
If you have any questions or concerns about the event, please contact one of the tournament organizers.

Hope to see everyone there.

CHICAGO 2016-2017 Thread: Welcome New Players, check out the Facebook Group page as its more active!

If this is truly named after what I think this is, then you should jack the prices up to $30 per game and get glowlights and crappy music.

Test Your Luck + 3rd Strike

finally a tourney I can win XD

I shall try to bring the boys…for global saturation…(Ahem) I mean to try to win.

Cant want for this today, going to be a damn good time!