[Aug 27, 2011] Tuscaloosa ABXY Fight League Back to School Tournament (Tuscaloosa, AL)

The Tuscaloosa ABXY Fight League will be holding a tournament for the following games:

Super Street Fighter IV AE
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Mortal Kombat 9
Blazblue Continuum Shift II
Tekken 6

Entry fee for the tournament will be $10 general then $5 for each game. Pot will be split 70/20/10 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for each tournament.

The tournament will be played primarily on PS3, with a smaller number of 360s. When in doubt, bring PS3 pads and sticks (and you should bring them.) If anyone has a CRT, PS3, any of the games, and/or a lagless monitor that they can bring, please do so, as it will be a great help to everyone. If you play on 360 pad and are matched up with a PS3 pad player, you must play on PS3. This is very important!

We are really looking forward to having people down for this tournament, our first statewide event!

If you have any questions, post in this event, the Bama thread, or PM lunarhostility.

Here is the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=193643980696580&view=wall&notif_t=event_wall

Hope to see you all there!

Mississippi II: New Threads Actually Excite Us
The Bama Thread - Divided Yet United!
The Bama Thread - Divided Yet United!

Woo hoo!! Hope to have a fairly decent turnout. :slight_smile:

This is only maybe 2 1/2 hours away from me, I just might make it there

We would love to see you make it out. :]

rawr im there easy

thumbs up

I’ll totally be there.

I put in my request at work to be off so hopefully Ill be off to make it there. If I make it then Im bringing like 3 or 4 people with me. How many people usually be at you all tournaments, also Im hosting one myself on september 10 so hopefully some of you can come to it as well. Its here in the tournament thread and its called Red September 3, we would love to see you all as well. :slight_smile:

Sounds fantastic dude! Hope you can get off. :slight_smile: This is our first actual tourney I guess. We had a SSFIV Pixelcon and that one had…hmmm maybe 14 or 15 people. Spet. 10th you say? Sounds like a good day to me, should be able to make that hopefully. Let me see if I can find the link[and location] to yours.

Good news, I got the day off so myself and maybe 3 others will be there.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/t/sep-10-2011-red-september-3-pearl-ms/129853/3

, is the link to the Red September 3 thread, hope to see you guys there as well.

high fives Sweetness! Pearl[Jackson] Mississippi, eh? I’m gonna see…hopefully me and some guys can make that.

We would love to have you there sir.

<- Count another MS player in. When does registration start?

Sweetness! But yea, 12 is the time of registration.

Kool, that will give me plenty of time to get there then. This is being held in the student union right, how big is it and what all is inside it. I maybe bring a couple of my cousins and they are teenagers so they maybe looking for other things to do while there other than the tourney. And is ssf4 gonna be held on ps3, a couple of the guys coming with me can only play on ps3 pad and was wondering before we come. How are you on setups, do you need any tv’s or ps3’s. Also are you planning on maybe recording some of the matches say maybe top 8 maybe in each game and uploading them. Also bout how many people are coming from the bama area(just wondering).

Yes, the Ferguson Student Center. It’s fairly large. We’ll be on the lowest level and it the second floor has eateries and TVs and couches[not exactly sure which ones will be open and stuff though]. And yea the tourney is basically on PS3. So AE will be on PS3. If you have a lagless[under 2 ms…or just a CRT basically] TV and PS3 that would be very awesome. As far as recording, yes, I want to do the Top 8 indeed. If you’ve got a camera or something that you want to bring that would be awesome. As for the number of Bama people…it’s like around 30 or so. Here’s some footage from Losers Finals and Grand Finals from our other tourney last semester. www.youtube.com/ABXYFightLeague <—on the right under tourneys.

Kool, I got an HD PVR that I can record on possibly so we can bring that along with my laptop. You probably will need something to get the files off my laptop once done but ill need an flatscreen tv to hook it up to so it can record in hd.

Whoa. I’m not even sure what that is. lol But a flatscreen? To record? o.o What is this thing? Haha. I’m pretty sure we’ll have some flatscreens there. Is it not possible to record w/o a TV though?

I’ll probably be there. I can bring an Asus Evo monitor and a 360 + Marvel + AE setup if you need 'em.

Sweetness! Although…I must say a 360 isn’t really needed. PS3s are what we need. If you could just bring the monitor that would be wonderful.