[Aug 28, 2011] River City Rumble Tournament Jacksonville, Florida August... (Jacksonville Florida)

River City Rumble Fighting Game Tournament
August 28th, 2011 5:00PM-11:00PM

[LEFT]**Location: **[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Hammer Hall Gaming[/LEFT]

[LEFT]1271 King Street[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Jacksonville Florida 32204[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Google MapsLink http://bit.ly/r2tZ6a[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Registration starts at 5:00PM[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Tournament starts at 6:00PM[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Venue Fee - $5 for the entire tournament[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Major game tournament fee- $10 each game [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Minor game** tournament fee**- $5 each game[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Bring a setup (monitor, system, game) and get your venue fee waived![/LEFT]

[LEFT]Major games to be played (system):[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Super Street Fighter IV : Arcade Edition (360)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Marvel vs Capcom 3 : Fate of Two Worlds (360)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition(PS3/360 TBD)[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Minor games to be played (system)[/LEFT]
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
BlazBlue Continuum Shift II (360)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (360)

[LEFT]**Prize payout structure: **[/LEFT]

[LEFT]4-8 participants : Winner takes all [/LEFT]
[LEFT]9-12 participants : (1st / 2nd)70% / 30%[/LEFT]
[LEFT]13-32 participants : (1st / 2nd / 3rd) 60% / 30% / 10%[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Pot bonus of per event of $10 per 5 entrants of 10+ participants. Eg. 26 entrants will net a $30 bonus for that event.[/LEFT]
Additional prizes include a pair of Jaguars tickets, 1600 point XBL card and a best buy gift card!

[LEFT]Rules:[/LEFT]
[LIST]
[]Standard EVO rules apply: [COLOR=#000000]http://evo2k.com/player-guide/tournament-rules/[/COLOR]
[
]Winner is responsible for telling tournament organizer
[/LIST]
Game Specific Rules:
Marvel vs Capcom 3 : Fate of Two Worlds[FONT=arial] – Default settings. 2 out of 3 matches. Each game is a match. Loser may change characters/assists. Winner cannot change characters or assists. Both players may alter their order by holding A1 or A2 during loading. [/FONT]
[LEFT]Super Street Fighter IV : Arcade Edition[FONT=arial] – Default settings. 2 out of 3 matches. Loser may change character/ultra. Winner may change ultra after the loser changes characters, but before he selects his ultra. [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT]Mortal Kombat 9 – Default Settings, 2 out of 3 matches. Kombat Kodes are banned. Super Street Fighter II Turbo – Arcade tournament. 2 out of 3 matches.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]BlazBlue Continuum Shift – Default settings. 2 out of 3 matches. 3 out of 5 grand finals.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]***Street Fighter III: Third Strike (PS3) - ***Default settings, 2 out of 3 matches. 3 out of 5 grand finals. Gill is banned[/LEFT]

***Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (360) - ***Default settings, 2 out of 3 matches. 3 out of 5 grand finals.

[LEFT]Questions? Contact sying or birds![/LEFT]
[LEFT]Sheldon Ying[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SRK tag: sying[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Phone: 904-962-8200[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Email: sheldonying@gmail.com[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Jeremiah Johnson[/LEFT]

[LEFT]SRK tag: birds![/LEFT]
[LEFT]Phone: 904-945-3347[/LEFT]
Email: tomsellecktor@gmail.com

Gainesville Thread: UF Wednesday Night Fights, 18:30 - 22:00, Little Hall 221
Jacksonville FL Thread - We have a Fighting Game scene?
Gainesville Thread: UF Wednesday Night Fights, 18:30 - 22:00, Little Hall 221

I’m in there

Just a small change Street Fighter III: Third Strike will be [SIZE=3]Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition. System to be determined. Probably PS3, because that’s what I have points for :)[/SIZE]

money matches?

Sure. Casuals and money mates before and after a event, pending available setups.

Ya, ill money match you in HDR $50 bucks 1st to 5. Or 3 out of 5 you pick.

Its all words until someone gets bodied… come out and play some HDR! And some 3S:OE!

sorry i wish i played that game. I’d get bodied lol. But I do play some MvC3 :wink:

Oh cool. I didn’t know that Hammer Hall was going to get a tournament this quick. I’ll have to get some practice in before then.

I’ll be there for 3rd Strike if there are going to be people playing that.

Should have a good turnout for 3S, there was mad hype in last week’s casuals at HH.

What’s HH? Where do I find it? Is it happening again this week/weekend? I would enjoy some 3S casuals with Jacksonville players. =)

Hammer Hall is at the corner of Park and King in Riverside.

http://maps.google.com/maps?pws=0&q=1271+King+Street,+Jacksonville+Florida+32204&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x88e5b9d4d888b261:0x85f99c92b48ac643,1271+King+St,+Jacksonville,+FL+32204&gl=us&ei=3mpMTqbmFdGlsAK6reXbCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA

Add your info to the google doc in my sig.

Hammer Hall casuals this Sunday. Tournament Sunday Aug 28th that and another larger tournament at Underground Alley (info in google doc) Sat Sept 3rd

How long has this place been there? Damn, and I live right down the street. What time are casuals on sunday?

Are arcade sticks allowed? Why no PS3 love for Marvel vs Capcom 3? I can bring a system and at least one stick and one controller.

I could walk to this place from mine, this is some sweet news.

How long has this place been there? I think its about a year old.
What time are casuals on sunday? Starts at 5, ends around 11
Are arcade sticks allowed? Of course!
Why no PS3 love for Marvel vs Capcom 3? PS3 system will be there, bring your game!
I can bring a system and at least one stick and one controller. Bring your stick, can’t have enough sticks.
Also check out the link in my sig, It should tell you all you need to know. Also check out the Jacksonville thread in “Regional Matchmaking”

I know you probably get this a lot but I honestly had no idea that we had a scene here in Jacksonville (I’m pretty hyped now). Also, I’ll start attending Sunday nights once things calm down with work and school. In addition, do y’all upload your matches online?

Look forward to you coming. At this point we are not streaming or recording. I need to run a test run and get the ok from the owners. By the next tournament in late October/ early November we should have ay least recording up.

ill be there for the ae tourney! pumped that we are actually having a tournament in jville, this will be my first one.

i’m japanese/korean/american so at the tournament i’m going to drink red bull like poongko, wear headphones like daigo, and lose like an american.

What was the turnout like last week for 3S? Wish I knew this had been going on, would’ve been there last time.