[Aug 6, 2011] Pinball Wizard Arcade Tournament Series #1 (Pelham, N.H.)

The new Pinball Wizard Arcade’s first console tournament featuring Super Street Fighter 4:Arcade Edition, BlazBlue:CS2, Mortal Kombat 9, Marvel vs Capcom 3!

Guilty Gear Side Tournament!!! See below for details!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a258/capsuletoyco/pwatournamentaug6.jpg

[LEFT][SIZE=4]Doors open at 11 AM[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=4]SSFIV:AE Singles & BB 2v2 Registration at 12PM [/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=4]Starts at 1PM[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[SIZE=4]MVC3 3v3 Teams & MK9 Singles Registration at 4PM[/SIZE]
[LEFT][SIZE=4]Starts at 5PM[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=4]- $5 venue fee[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=4]- $5 per person Mvc3, $10 SSFIV:AE & $5 MK9[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=4]- Bring your own controller and/or stick[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=4]SSFIV, MK9 & MvC3 on XBOX[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=4]- Matches are 2/3, and 3/5 for Winners, Losers and Grand Finals[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=4]- Double Elimination (except Marvel Teams)[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=4]Pot Distribution for all games: [/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=4]1st Prize: 60% of pot[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=4]2nd Prize: 30% of pot[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=4]3rd Prize: 10% of pot[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=4]Setups [/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=4]If you can bring a setup (please post!) that is used, you get the venue fee waived. If you can bring an XBOX please bring a CRT or lagless monitor, that would be ideal![/SIZE][/LEFT]

Update!: P.W.A has included with the venue fee, $5 in tokens for the arcade floor! Redeem your tokens at the counter once you’ve paid.

Springfield, MA - Tournament Saturday, April 13 at 1:00pm
Souper Bowl Fight Nights in Lowell, MA - Restaurant Close until further notice
The New Boston Thread (Revived)
Portland and Southern Maine- Make It Happen!
GameUnderGround MAASSSAAACHUUSEETTSSS Framingham Tues/Fri
Portland and Southern Maine- Make It Happen!
CT Thread | June 12 @ Gaming ETC

Ok to post up what you are bringing for setups to the tournament, please reply with quote and add your name to the list. Extra setups are needed for the Danisen League matches happening as players wait for matches. Note that it is looking like we are running the tournament on XBox, but PS3’s for Danisen are perfectly fine.

Setups

Newblood- TV, PS3, 360. SSF4:AE, MK9, BBCS2 on 360

Vanerost - XB360, MK9, MVC3

Make it a poor man’s ECT. Make it the 25th if rescheduling. ;D****

While that is a good idea, we have RL scheduling issues that is taking people away from running the tourny. It has been moved to August 6th right after EVO!

Where is this being held?

To the left of the google maps application above (maybe you can’t see it because you don’t have flash?) there is an Address listed with the name of the venue:

150 Bridge Street, Unit P.
Pelham, N.H. 03076

It’s a great place.

this is kind of far from me lol ill try my best to get a ride from my mom. :smiley:

Guilty Gear side tourney details:

GG singles entry fee is $5
Pot split is 70/20/10 1st/2nd/3rd
The GG tournament will start at 2:00pm
It might be possible to do a 3v3 team tourney as well, if there is time/ room available.

rules:
Tournament is Double Elimination
All matches will be run on American PS2 GGAC
Matches will be 2 out of 3 games. Games will be 2 out of 3 rounds.
Winners, Losers, and Grand Final Matches will be 3 out of 5 games…
Loser of the game can change character.
Winner is locked in character.
Gold, Shadow, and EX Characters are banned.

Running MK9 on xbox is a deal breaker.

Care to explain?
:smiley:

I retract my initial polarized response to a slightly annoyed one :slight_smile:
First reason is nobody sane likes the game on, or any fighting game, a 360 pad, and no input really needs a fightstick. Most people will be playing on a ps2 pad converted to xbox, from what I’m gathering, and what I’ve seen before. If everyones going to end up playing on a ps2 pad converted to xbox, whats the purpose of playing on that system for mk at all?
The second reason is that for all anybody knows the game wont be patched, theres been issues with retaining the changes when not on xbox live apparently. This is an easy fix, but I know a lot of the SF people probably neglected the game and it is very likely still unpatched on the system.

My mk9 is fully patched, I play fightstick on mk9, and finally a question: do we want dlc characters included?

It’s not EVO so let the DLC characters in I say. If someone has been grinding Kenshi as their main since he got released, why not?

I’m fine with DLC characters being allowed.

me and 2 friends will be participating, just wondering if we need to bring our own wired controllers and if 360 will be the system that will be used for
MVC3 and SSF4?
thanks! hope these tournaments happen often

Definetly bring your own controllers as far as setups go as far as i know theyre 360

The tournament is running on Xbox 360, so please do bring whatever you have.

We need setups!!

Please post what you can bring below. Just add name and what you are bringing:)

I can bring my 360 and 2 sticks. Games i can bring = AE, MK9, MvC3. Also have mvc2, garou, tekken6, etc. If wanted for casuals.