[Aug 7, 2011] The Emperial Coliseum I (MvC3, SSF4:AE and MK9) (Franklin Square, NY)

Now that the World Fighting Game Tournament has come to an end. The East Coast has shown its true vunerability. Despite the Empire’s dominance on it’s home turf it has betrayed its homeland indirectly by not helping its fellow east coast players to become better in competiting. The BattleField Arcadia tournaments is over and the Empire has won them…however it lost the war at Evo. Now a Coliseum is being created for the sole purpose of developing a new age of digital warriors to represent the East and some to join ranks with the brand that put the East Coast on the map. Empire Arcadia.

This call is not to the top players however they are welcome to attend. This is for to the noobs, the scrubs, the believers and the determined who want to rise to the ranks to defend their own coast throughout the reaminder of this year all the way up to Evo 2K12. Come to the Emperial Coliseum, here the Empire will teach you to become great fighters.

Tournament Series: Emperial Coliseum
Venue: Play N Trade Franklin Square LI NY. 186 New Hyde Park Road. Franklin Square, NY 11010. (516)-502-4715
Directions:
Long Island Rail Road: Take the LIRR to “Stewart Manor”. Once you get off the train you hang a left on New Hyde Park Road and walk straight until you reach Franklin Square Mall where you will see the Play N Trade. (5 Minute New York Walk)
For MTA Train, Bus or Private car: Google Maps
Sponsored by: “Qanba” http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/QanBa/147367415339876
Supported by: Subway "Eat Fresh"
Stream: 8wayrun http://www.justin.tv/8wayrun
Venue Fee: $10.00
Registration: All competitors will have to register at the registration desk. A receipt will be produced for all competitors as proof of entry towards tournament and venue. Your name will be on the receipt.
Time - 12pm to 2pm training and casual. Tournament at 2pm to 8pm tournament.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Tournament Fee - $10.00
Rules:
Players: 1v1
Matches - (Winners and Losers Standard) 2 out of 3 Matches, 2 out of 3 Rounds. (Winners Finals and Losers Finals) 3 out of 5 Matches, 2 out of 3 Rounds (Grand Finals) 3 out of 5 Matches, 2 out of 3 Rounds. Loser must defeat Grand Finalist 2 sets to win the tournament.
System - PS3
Prize - 70/20/10 % split

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
Tournament Fee - $10.00
Rules:
Matches - (Winners and Losers Standard) 2 out of 3 Matches, 2 out of 3 Rounds. (Winners Finals and Losers Finals) 3 out of 5 Matches, 2 out of 3 Rounds (Grand Finals) 3 out of 5 Matches, 2 out of 3 Rounds. Loser must defeat Grand Finalist 2 sets to win the tournament.
System - Xbox 360
Prize - 70/20/10 % split

**Mortal Kombat 9 **
Tournament Fee - $10.00
Rules:
System - PS3
Prize - 70/20/10 % split

of course this being so close to home ill be there…again. Im not too much into the “fighting game politics” im only looking to get better. And for some reason if anyone tries to tell me that i shouldnt go to battlefield for whatever reason (even though nobody hasnt). I can just respond with “sanfords there”. And thats all the explanation i need to give. Sanford is a better player than me. Point blank. Even though sanford has beaten me just about every tournament now i still go knowing hell be there so i can possibly learn something new. But id go to every tournament i could if i had the option including guard crush, 8 bit, etc (shoutouts to mikeg of course for running guard crush). As i said im not too much into fighting game “politics” but i know what i want and as long as i get better thats all that matters to me.

I’m with shiineo on this I just want to get my game on. I’ll be there.

First comment on my new srk account :wink:

I’ll be there to help train and give much insight on AE.

i guess have no reason not to come

There will be free Subway Sandwhiches at this tournament as Subway will be a proud supporter of the Emperial Coliseum.

if i can get some extar cash by sunday then im showing up for this.i need to level up my game…

FREE SUBWAY? Triforce you’re in there lol that’s gdlk

EMP Entropy, I could go for that.

Saw the post over on gamefaqs, I probably won’t be able to make it, but I informed my cousin.

Count me in for Marvel. Possibly bringing another. I have a 360 stick but no ps3. Will there be any extra sticks available?

There will be more sticks available for use.

We’ll start training at 12 noon. Food for the tournament will come in later after 2pm.

Too far from Texas. Oh well.

Subway will start serving at 2pm. Training has already begun.

geting off the train now

Pulled Pork…whoa!

so apparently its hang a rigt, not a left… Brt d’oh